follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Will Hong Kong BTC ETFs Spark The Halving rally?  (Read 142 times)

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 761
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 04:09:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
Will Hong Kong BTC ETFs Spark The Halving rally?
« on: April 15, 2024, 08:18:47 AM »
Hong Kong could approve 4 Bitcoin ETFs before halving

The Securities Regulatory Commission of Hong Kong (SFC) could approve the first batch of spot Bitcoin ETFs by April 15, days before the Bitcoin halving is set to cut the supply issuance rate of BTC.

The Hong Kong regulator has reportedly accelerated the approval process for four spot Bitcoin ETFs, according to local news media reports. The potential approval could attract more buying demand for Bitcoin, by offering BTC exposure to both retail and institutional investors in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong regulators could approve both Bitcoin and Ether ETFs on April 15, according to crypto entrepreneur and investor Lark Davis, who wrote in an April 12 X post:
“Hong Kong likely to approve BOTH Bitcoin and Ethereum spot ETFs as soon as Monday! China is about to start bidding the same week the Bitcoin halving is happening!”
It will take approximately two weeks to finalize ETF listing procedures on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, after the securities regulator greenlights the initial set of spot Bitcoin ETFs.

Can ETFs spark Bitcoin’s post-halving bull run?

The approval of the first spot Bitcoin ETFs in Hong Kong could catalyze Bitcoin’s post-halving rally, according to Herbert Sim, chief operating officer of crypto exchange Websea, who told Cointelegraph:
“Halving is not the only thing to look out for in the price action. But rather the upcoming Bitcoin ETF approval in Hong Kong, which also happens next week. The big banks of China will all have to start buying Bitcoin themselves too.”

Sim noted that Hong Kong-based ETFs will only add to the institutional demand and inflows created by large U.S. ETF issuers such as BlackRock, which he expects to continue. He added:
“And with this supply cut from the Bitcoin Halving, prices will definitely soar.”

Large investors, or so-called mega whales, that are holding at least 10,000 BTC are accumulating Bitcoin at the current price level, in anticipation of next week’s approval, according to popular crypto commentator Bitcoin Munger’s April 12 X post:
“The only cohort that is net-accumulating Bitcoin is the largest whales (>10k). Just ahead of Hong Kong ETF approvals and the halving. A positive contrarian signal if I had to guess.”

zerohedge.com

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Will Hong Kong BTC ETFs Spark The Halving rally?
« on: April 15, 2024, 08:18:47 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1576
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 06:47:16 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
Re: Will Hong Kong BTC ETFs Spark The Halving rally?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 04:50:01 PM »
Spot ETFs for BTC and ETH are approved in Hong Kong -> BTC, ETH Rise as Hong Kong Bitcoin ETF Applicants Say They've Been Approved

It seems that for the answer to the question of how this decision will affect the price of BTC, we will have to wait at least a few more weeks until trading begins. Considering China's official attitude towards BTC, I wonder if we can expect something similar to what happened in the US when it comes to spot ETFs?
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Peter90

• View Profile

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 05:09:46 PM »
Spot ETFs for BTC and ETH are approved in Hong Kong -> BTC, ETH Rise as Hong Kong Bitcoin ETF Applicants Say They've Been Approved

It seems that for the answer to the question of how this decision will affect the price of BTC, we will have to wait at least a few more weeks until trading begins. Considering China's official attitude towards BTC, I wonder if we can expect something similar to what happened in the US when it comes to spot ETFs?

Hi Lucius

BTC and ETH ETFs approved by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4142
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 08:29:23 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 03:20:13 PM »

I am expecting some impact for Bitcoin that this approval of ETFs in the Hong Kong market though everything will depend on the volume of the demand this platform will be creating. However, we should not be so excited with this prospect all because immediately after the halving there can be "buy the rumor, sell the news" kind of thing leading for Bitcoin to go into some dip before it would soar high like a reawakened Phoenix. With this in mind, these ETFs based in Hong Kong can be a good addition to what we already have in USA and for sure combined they can be a good force that can benefit Bitcoin in the long-run. I am hoping that soon we can also have Bitcoin ETFs approved in other big Asian markets like South Korea and India.

Offline Peter90

• View Profile

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 04:13:19 PM »
I am expecting some impact for Bitcoin that this approval of ETFs in the Hong Kong market though everything will depend on the volume of the demand this platform will be creating.

I still don't understand whether and how easily Chinese can trade in HK.
If they can, HK BTC ETFs inflows will be massive.
If they can't, those ETFs will be inconsequential - I think

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4142
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 08:29:23 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 09:30:12 AM »
I am expecting some impact for Bitcoin that this approval of ETFs in the Hong Kong market though everything will depend on the volume of the demand this platform will be creating.

I am also thinking of the same thing. I used to assume that mainland Chinese can access the crypto market the way it is right now in Hong Kong but I think I am wrong. Chinese coming from the mainland are having a hard time getting into the crypto market in Hong Kong based on this article published by Yahoo Finance. While we know that some can be able to get through using "underground" means and ways, they will not be making that big impact in the market. Hence, the conclusion is that "Hong Kong’s crypto ETFs will be ‘nickels and dimes’ compared with U.S. versions" all because this is going to be limited to the Hong Kong market sans China which is a lot bigger and can even be compared to USA, for that matter. Nevertheless, this can still help even in limited ways and if many countries will also be following this lead then maybe there can be an avalanche of more demand for Bitcoin aside from the one in the USA.

Offline Peter90

• View Profile

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 04:36:39 PM »

I am also thinking of the same thing. I used to assume that mainland Chinese can access the crypto market the way it is right now in Hong Kong but I think I am wrong. Chinese coming from the mainland are having a hard time getting into the crypto market in Hong Kong based on this article published by Yahoo Finance. While we know that some can be able to get through using "underground" means and ways, they will not be making that big impact in the market. Hence, the conclusion is that "Hong Kong’s crypto ETFs will be ‘nickels and dimes’ compared with U.S. versions" all because this is going to be limited to the Hong Kong market sans China which is a lot bigger and can even be compared to USA, for that matter. Nevertheless, this can still help even in limited ways and if many countries will also be following this lead then maybe there can be an avalanche of more demand for Bitcoin aside from the one in the USA.

Can Chinese buy BTC ETF in Hong Kong Exchange?

This is called Leveraging the international section of the forum
;D

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 04:36:39 PM »

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1576
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 06:47:16 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2024, 06:39:14 PM »
~snip~
;D

I wonder if there are any Chinese people on the forum who could answer that question? Still, it's worth a try - maybe one of the 1.5 billion Chinese will show up and answer :)

However, in the article linked by @TomPluz, it seems that there is not much doubt about whether (at least for now) Chinese from China will be able to invest in approved crypto ETFs.

“A lot of people are banking on wealthy Chinese locals, but, officially, you cannot buy this ETF if you're a mainland Chinese investor,” said Eric Balchunas, a senior ETF analyst at Bloomberg. That’s because it must be listed on something called the Stock Connect, which allows Chinese citizens to invest in certain Hong Kong ETFs, and vice versa.
“This will never be available there,” says Balchunas.
██████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Peter90

• View Profile

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 07:17:52 AM »
~snip~
;D

I wonder if there are any Chinese people on the forum who could answer that question? Still, it's worth a try - maybe one of the 1.5 billion Chinese will show up and answer :)

However, in the article linked by @TomPluz, it seems that there is not much doubt about whether (at least for now) Chinese from China will be able to invest in approved crypto ETFs.

“A lot of people are banking on wealthy Chinese locals, but, officially, you cannot buy this ETF if you're a mainland Chinese investor,” said Eric Balchunas, a senior ETF analyst at Bloomberg. That’s because it must be listed on something called the Stock Connect, which allows Chinese citizens to invest in certain Hong Kong ETFs, and vice versa.
“This will never be available there,” says Balchunas.

... looks like our Chinese forum friends aren't better than us
:D

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG