follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Why do people keep misbehaving because of gambling?  (Read 509 times)

Offline DragonF

• Activity: 316
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 03:20:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Good Signature 100 Posts
Why do people keep misbehaving because of gambling?
« on: March 02, 2024, 02:47:30 AM »
I have observed that gambling is creating problems in the streets and people no longer have value for human life. I will tell a story to justify my claim. This is a true life story and it happened in my area. A man was given six draws in football to stake on by his friend. The man went home to collect 1,000 Naira but on reaching home his wife had already used the money. The man didn`t complain initially but in the evening at about 10 pm his friend called him that he won the game and the winning amounted to a million plus in naira and immediately he dropped the call, he started beating his wife and abused her saying that he lost 1m naira because of her. This incident happened on Wednesday but I needed to take a picture of the woman to show how terrible it was.

I think this man should be jailed and use as a scape goat to deter others from exhibiting such inhuman behaviour.

What do you think of the man`s action? What is the best way to punish the man?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 07:34:22 AM by DragonF »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« on: March 02, 2024, 02:47:30 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3477
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 06:05:44 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: Why do people keep misbehaving because of gambling?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 07:21:03 AM »
I would assume that the 1,000 Naira was his own money and reserved it for gambling. I would be extremely disappointed as well if someone took the money I'm supposed to bet and then find out later that my picks actually won. We have a saying here that perfectly describes the situation and it's "Pera na naging bato pa". Having said that, I wouldn't lay a hand on anyone because of what happened.

What is the best way to punish the man?
What does the law in your country says?

Offline DragonF

• View Profile

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 07:55:51 AM »

This is a case of domestic violence and to know the stand of Nigerian Laws on domestic violence, I will note some relevant sections of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) and the Violence Against Person Prohibition Act, 2015. Section 34 of the 1999 Nigerian Constitution stipulated that every individual is entitled to respect for the dignity of his/her person and accordingly no person shall be subjected to torture or inhuman or degrading treatment.

Section 19 (1) of the Violence Against Persons Prohibition Act, 2015 stipulated that “a person who batters his or her spouse commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or to a fine not exceeding 200,000 Naira or both”.  Also, subsection 2 stipulated that “a person who attempts to commit the act of violence provided for in subsection(1) of this section commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or to a fine not exceeding 100,000 Naira or both”.

Offline robelneo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1832
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 11:33:20 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 10:38:20 AM »
Does the woman in the picture have consent that his picture will be posted on the internet if he is not then better to take the picture out, and about the punishment, it depends on the existing laws in the country where it happens, but morally it's wrong to hurt a woman whatever the circumstances are, especially if it happens to be your wife and a mother of your children, your children will hate for hurting their mother and you will not get the respect from your children.
Family is more important than money you, money cannot equal the importance of respect by your family.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline SamReomo

• Activity: 1132
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 01:06:34 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 10:55:11 AM »
That man is an animal, how could someone beat a woman like that? Only a psychopath or a mad person can do that. In fact I believe he's not a man because a man respects woman, a good and gentleman always take care of his wife rather than beating her. I feel really sorry for that woman, I believe such person with animal like behavior should be jailed.

There are so many people who are into gambling but none of them beat their wives like that. Yeah, I know sometimes addicts can get angry but they never beat women like that. In very rare cases someone can lose his control because of gambling and go to extremes like that. In fact, most of the time gamblers try to hide their gambling activities from their family.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1473
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 08:01:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 06:01:47 PM »
I would assume that the 1,000 Naira was his own money and reserved it for gambling. I would be extremely disappointed as well if someone took the money I'm supposed to bet and then find out later that my picks actually won. We have a saying here that perfectly describes the situation and it's "Pera na naging bato pa". Having said that, I wouldn't lay a hand on anyone because of what happened.

What is the best way to punish the man?
Yeah got your point, the highlighted part above is to be honest very disappointing  but it doesn't need to go that far on beating the love of your life just because of missing that luck in gambling. Here in our country we are liable of physical injury and of course the anti-violence against women and children if we are doing such thing to any members of our family.

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1627
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 09:17:05 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 07:01:42 PM »
I looked at the picture and I said to myself "I will forever thank our creator because I didn't grow up abusing women." That's straight-up abuse just because of gambling.

Gambling can make a person's mind bad. Money can change somebody's attitude. I can't imagine somebody has the guts to do this to his wife just because he didn't win on that bet. Well as Zed0X said, there's a chance that the 1000 Naira is the abuser's money, and the battered wife used it to buy something maybe. I might disappointed for a bit as well if that happens to me, but not to a point where I will be doing something like that, especially to a girl.

Sorry for my words, but this is something a demon can only do. Beating your wife just because of money. Anyway as for the punishment, it will depend on the current law in your country. You can seek help from an attorney that you know or go to the police. You said it's a true story, and it happened in your area so maybe help the battered wife. Advance thanks :).

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 07:01:42 PM »

Offline sampoerna

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: March 25, 2024, 02:05:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 11:21:13 PM »
Because psychologically, gambling shows all the emotions in the person's soul. Which of course is influenced by whether the results of agmbling are good or bad. The worse the results, the more emotional it will be, you will get angry easily, your emotions will be unstable, and it could even end in criminal cases.

On the other hand, if gambling activities can provide a lot of money, then it will make someone even brighter. But if we look at their faces, there will definitely be changes in their emotions and stability.

Offline Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1729
  • Last Active: Today at 12:00:02 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 11:57:14 AM »

Why do people keep generalizing stuff and put a label on millions just from a few cases?
How would it be if I would say why do Nigerians keep beating their wifes for $100?
See how this goes?

For every gambler that beats his wife because of a bet there are 100 that do it just because she was late or she said the wrong words at the table or anything like this, but, yeah, let's make an example out of gambling. If some think this happened just because of gambling and it's the first time your living in a mirage, most women that finally come in the open about their beatings are way up at counting the abuses against them some linger for years hoping for something else before going public or to the police.

I would be extremely disappointed as well if someone took the money I'm supposed to bet and then find out later that my picks actually won. I wouldn't lay a hand on anyone because of what happened.

So you're not going to use your hands...

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1141
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 02:38:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2024, 01:25:20 PM »
Because psychologically, gambling shows all the emotions in the person's soul. Which of course is influenced by whether the results of agmbling are good or bad. The worse the results, the more emotional it will be, you will get angry easily, your emotions will be unstable, and it could even end in criminal cases.

On the other hand, if gambling activities can provide a lot of money, then it will make someone even brighter. But if we look at their faces, there will definitely be changes in their emotions and stability.
I agree, gambling greatly affects emotions, and emotions depend on the results of the gambling they play, if they lose they will behave negatively and if they win they will tend to look very happy.

I have experienced it, yes at that time my friend lost in gambling, I tried to invite him to joke as usual. But what was his response? He got angry and didn't seem to accept my joke, even though it was something we usually do.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1473
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 08:01:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 04:12:01 PM »

I agree, gambling greatly affects emotions, and emotions depend on the results of the gambling they play, if they lose they will behave negatively and if they win they will tend to look very happy.

I have experienced it, yes at that time my friend lost in gambling, I tried to invite him to joke as usual. But what was his response? He got angry and didn't seem to accept my joke, even though it was something we usually do.
Yeah this happened to me as well. When we ask they don't answer and when we try to make them smile they get angry that is why I just stay away from them and I gave them time to cool down. It's natural to lose temper because we are just humans but other gamblers cannot control it and people around them might be affected. My friends and neighbors also involved in this scenario that sometimes resulted in quarrel and later on they use force to physically hurt each other and they ended up being picked up by police. Based on my observation this commonly happened in card games, cara y cruz, volleyball, cockfighting and basketball games here in my place.

Offline DragonF

• View Profile

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2024, 12:35:28 AM »

It is difficult to rule out emotions from gambling. Gambling involves a complex interplay of psychological, emotional, and cognitive factors that can make it challenging for individuals to control their emotions when they experience losses especially when the gambler has gambled more than he expected.

Gamblers feel the pain of losses more strongly than the pleasure of equivalent gains. Gamblers may compare themselves to others based on their gambling performance and this can exacerbate emotional reactions and make it harder for gamblers to maintain self-control.

Offline Papusha20

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1240
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: March 31, 2024, 11:31:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    1000 Posts Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2024, 04:19:38 AM »
I have observed that gambling is creating problems in the streets and people no longer have value for human life. I will tell a story to justify my claim. This is a true life story and it happened in my area. A man was given six draws in football to stake on by his friend. The man went home to collect 1,000 Naira but on reaching home his wife had already used the money. The man didn`t complain initially but in the evening at about 10 pm his friend called him that he won the game and the winning amounted to a million plus in naira and immediately he dropped the call, he started beating his wife and abused her saying that he lost 1m naira because of her. This incident happened on Wednesday but I needed to take a picture of the woman to show how terrible it was.

I think this man should be jailed and use as a scape goat to deter others from exhibiting such inhuman behaviour.

What do you think of the man`s action? What is the best way to punish the man?

Indeed the man has done wrong because this woman is innocent, he should be brought under the law and punished for treating her inhumanly. It should trust the laws of the land of Nigeria to ensure that this woman gets due justice.  Gambling does not cause inhumane behavior if he is the right gambler. A person who is addicted to gambling must treat other people like animals. The more addicted a person is to gambling, the more likely they are to experience problems and harm. So gambling should be done regularly with less gambling participation and two to three days of retirement weekly. Gambling should not treat people inhumanely it is a punishable offence.

Offline retreat

• Activity: 422
  • Last Active: May 03, 2024, 05:52:57 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Poll Voter Mobile User Search
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2024, 04:48:58 AM »
It's very funny to see someone regret when they fail to win something even when they weren't involved in it. I mean, why would he regret and get angry when he didn't bet, just because someone used his money? Is it possible that by being angry and being rude to his partner, he can make himself win? very stupid. Therefore, it is important for a gambler to be able to regulate their emotions and not be easily triggered by something, because if they don't then in the end something undesirable will happen.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3477
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 06:05:44 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2024, 01:54:11 PM »
I would be extremely disappointed as well if someone took the money I'm supposed to bet and then find out later that my picks actually won. I wouldn't lay a hand on anyone because of what happened.
So you're not going to use your hands...
Yeah, maybe I'll throw a roundhouse ;D Seriously speaking, I would probably lace up and hit the road for a 1-hour run or just go to the gym to blow off steam. That's better than going to jail for physical injury after already losing the opportunity to win some money.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG