follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Regulation is an important factor in mass adoption of public blockchain?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline ataraxiaceleste

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 30
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: September 13, 2020, 07:30:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
What are your thoughts on the need for regulation in the cryptocurrency industry? As the industry matures, I think it would make sense to go the regulatory route rather than to fight the "existing system"?

I think Concordium clearly understands the need for Privacy. I like how this project clearly separates between privacy and anonymity. The founder of Concordium is the founder of Saxo Bank. It made sense when he mentions in his video that he's seen trends like the internet grow when no one believed him and the way it matured over time.He thinks something very similar is going to happen in blockchain as well.

According to him Banks and Financial institutions ( he has more than 20 years of experience being CEO of a bank he co founded ) need identity verification and anonymity will not be possible but privacy sure can be possible and Concordium addresses this very point.

It made sense to me. What are your thoughts?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline masterrex

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1737
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 22, 2023, 03:40:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
I believe that regulation is badly needed in the entire crypto industry to control those bad actors who ruining the achievements of the crypto Industry. because every time that there was negative publicity the entire market will suffer and thats because of those fraudulent activities that were initiated by the few thats why regulation is needed to stop those fraudulent activities.

Offline @chison

• Activity: 310
  • Decentralized Asset Management Platform
  • Last Active: June 23, 2021, 06:58:18 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
I have reservation when it comes to  regulating crypto. It will only mean crypto will go back to be centralised because someone will have to make that final decision. Except we create something like decentralised regulation
C O O K        Decentralized Asset Management Platform    
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Offline Calantha

• Activity: 88
  • Last Active: September 06, 2020, 04:12:11 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
Unlike traditional databases that depend on a centralized server, the adoption of a distributed system allows for a much more secure exchange of data while cutting down on data. the administrative costs that the current system has incurred.

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4137
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 03:28:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Ideally, the blockchain and cryptocurrency and other related platforms and concerns should have been unregulated right from the very start...but this is in an ideal world which sadly we are not in. to control bad people utilizing and exploiting these new technologies and platforms there must be controls and parameters set otherwise the gains will just go to waste. Of course, this is assuming that regulations are not being used to kill the industry being regulated.

Offline ataraxiaceleste

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 30
  • Last Active: September 13, 2020, 07:30:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
Ideally, the blockchain and cryptocurrency and other related platforms and concerns should have been unregulated right from the very start...but this is in an ideal world which sadly we are not in. to control bad people utilizing and exploiting these new technologies and platforms there must be controls and parameters set otherwise the gains will just go to waste. Of course, this is assuming that regulations are not being used to kill the industry being regulated.

I think projects like Concordium which will be public, permissionless and decentralized will help make sure that there is nothing like "over regulation". I do agree that we live in very crucial times where regulation will play the deciding factor.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG