follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Judge a coin by its website?  (Read 4996 times)

Offline owmivmen

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2173
  • Altcoinstalks Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 12
  • Last Active: April 02, 2024, 05:31:11 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Judge a coin by its website?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 07:03:27 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new on here and hope you'll forgive possible beginners mistakes. I was was wondering what you think about this one: I always have my eyes on some new projects, platforms, coins, ICOs etc. and browse through quite a lot of different websites on my research. How do you decide whether a coin is trustworthy/worth investing in? Is the whitepaper enough? Or do you have recommendations for review websites for new ICOs? Thanks so much for your help.
Before investing should read wp and see the website, social media and team that handle the project. do not forget to take a look at the ICO review website.
NO JOB NO PARTY
Follow me on X!

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 07:03:27 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline bobby

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 39
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 10, 2018, 10:27:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Topic Starter 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 11:08:21 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new on here and hope you'll forgive possible beginners mistakes. I was was wondering what you think about this one: I always have my eyes on some new projects, platforms, coins, ICOs etc. and browse through quite a lot of different websites on my research. How do you decide whether a coin is trustworthy/worth investing in? Is the whitepaper enough? Or do you have recommendations for review websites for new ICOs? Thanks so much for your help.
Before investing should read wp and see the website, social media and team that handle the project. do not forget to take a look at the ICO review website.

Thanks for your help! That's definitely what I have done with this project.  :) Also great to have got some suggestions for review websites!

Offline Chiannis

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 32
  • Last Active: January 04, 2019, 03:57:56 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    10 Posts First Post Karma
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 03:43:59 AM »
Regarding the question how to judge different reviewing sites or more correctly different review outcomes on different sites...this may be a bit contra-logical since we build such sites to help with quick judgements in the first place but if you want to understand such a site, you should dive a bit into the descriptions, how those reviews or - most of the time - the comparable numbers added to each project (stuff like Marketing: 7/10 points or Team: 8/10 points ) are created.  Sometimes the makers of the site make some kind of equation which they apply with respect to all available information, sometimes its more of a group-thinking thing and its just the average result from all global reviews of its members. If you find out how a site does create its numbers, you can also decide yourself, if you think their process is helpful to the kind of decision you wish to make. ;-)

Icobench for example also works with average numbers but since you are able to read every single review which participated to reach this outcome, you can judge the outcome in a transparent way and just disregard singular opinions which - in your eyes - are, for example, biased or concentrating on faults which you don't think are that important.
Be water my friend.

Offline ambrose92

• Activity: 77
  • Last Active: January 11, 2019, 10:07:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 01:14:25 PM »
The website has influence because people base on that to make decisions

Offline bobby

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 07:34:38 PM »
Regarding the question how to judge different reviewing sites or more correctly different review outcomes on different sites...this may be a bit contra-logical since we build such sites to help with quick judgements in the first place but if you want to understand such a site, you should dive a bit into the descriptions, how those reviews or - most of the time - the comparable numbers added to each project (stuff like Marketing: 7/10 points or Team: 8/10 points ) are created.  Sometimes the makers of the site make some kind of equation which they apply with respect to all available information, sometimes its more of a group-thinking thing and its just the average result from all global reviews of its members. If you find out how a site does create its numbers, you can also decide yourself, if you think their process is helpful to the kind of decision you wish to make. ;-)

Icobench for example also works with average numbers but since you are able to read every single review which participated to reach this outcome, you can judge the outcome in a transparent way and just disregard singular opinions which - in your eyes - are, for example, biased or concentrating on faults which you don't think are that important.

Absolutely brilliantly put! Thanks!! So basically the best way of going about doing this is to check out the different review sites, make sure I know what the review is based on and then decide what aspects are the most important to me. Cultural coin is actually pretty helpful in that way since they post all the sites they are listed on on their own website - makes my research easier. Generally speaking though these sites are sooo useful! There are so many projects out there and I would have a hard time judging all by myself. Do you guys also ask about the projects in forums or do you only trust your own research?

Offline altcoingamer

• Activity: 1117
  • Referrals: 11
  • Last Active: September 01, 2020, 06:02:18 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 09:43:41 PM »
Its really tough, as some of you in crypto know Antshares before NEO had one of the WORST white papers I've ever seen.   It was full of poor English grammar and misspelled words which really scared me off at first.  I think you'll have to work out a combination of judging product, website, whitepaper, etc on some sort of grading scale where everything matters but one specific thing can't be a pass or fail..or you might miss out on a 30000% gain like NEO.  Food for thought.

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1503
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: April 10, 2024, 03:51:25 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:18 PM »
Yes and no I would say.

Of course you will be able to judge when looking to website if this coin is well funded or just anew coin with no money to invest. I have seen a lot of projects in early stages with bad pages but they upgraded it very soon. So if you see a shitty page and the team does nothing with it for a very long time you can assume that there is no future for this project.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:18 PM »

Offline Domithra

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1473
  • Earn More with Earn Network
  • Referrals: 15
  • Last Active: March 30, 2024, 04:57:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »
Websites can give a clue on the originality of the project especially when you compare their social media platforms with the websites - check out for information consistencies on these platforms. But the team can be of great importance. Look out for the credentials of the developer and his team - do they have any past experience?, who is the advisor? etc
███▌
 ▐██▌
   ███
    ▐██▌
      ███
 ███   ▐██▌                  ██
 ████    ███               ████
 █████▌   ▐██▌           █████
 ███ ███    ███        ████ ███
 ███  ▐██▌   ▐██▌    ████   ███
 ███    ███    ██ ████     ███
 ███     ▐██▌   █████       ███
 ███       ███   ▐█▌        ███
 ███        ▐██▌            ███
 ███          ███           ███
 ███           ███         ███
                 ▐██▌
                  ▐██
                    ██▌
                      ████

..LIQUID MARKETPLACE.............
..FOR YIELD-EARNING OPPORTUNITIES..
..PLATFORM.......................

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  ████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

Offline Chiannis

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 32
  • Last Active: January 04, 2019, 03:57:56 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    10 Posts First Post Karma
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2018, 05:20:22 AM »

Absolutely brilliantly put! Thanks!! So basically the best way of going about doing this is to check out the different review sites, make sure I know what the review is based on and then decide what aspects are the most important to me. Cultural coin is actually pretty helpful in that way since they post all the sites they are listed on on their own website - makes my research easier. Generally speaking though these sites are sooo useful! There are so many projects out there and I would have a hard time judging all by myself. Do you guys also ask about the projects in forums or do you only trust your own research?

My pleasure, glad if you lked my little explanation, i assumed it would be easier like that to understand the concept. ;) Yeah, since the teams behind the currencies got an interest of their own to include all mainstream review sites...and maybe also a few "friendly" non-mainstream ones, any interested person usually does not need to look for a long time to find the necessary information. If this ticketing with cryptocurrency project you are interested in also promotes those sites, i guess they are pretty happy with the results ...or at least the attention.  ^^

Well, if i stumble over a new project i do the typical thing - finding out if it is legit by clicking through their homepage. If something is fishy, i research it some more and then i check review sites and double-check their findings with my own...that way i am always secure. ;)
Be water my friend.

Offline bobby

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »
Websites can give a clue on the originality of the project especially when you compare their social media platforms with the websites - check out for information consistencies on these platforms. But the team can be of great importance. Look out for the credentials of the developer and his team - do they have any past experience?, who is the advisor? etc

Thanks for this, I agree, everything stands and falls with the team. Originality is a great keyword for this I think. I really am a visual person so I am automatically drawn to a website like the cultural places' one.

Its really tough, as some of you in crypto know Antshares before NEO had one of the WORST white papers I've ever seen.   It was full of poor English grammar and misspelled words which really scared me off at first.  I think you'll have to work out a combination of judging product, website, whitepaper, etc on some sort of grading scale where everything matters but one specific thing can't be a pass or fail..or you might miss out on a 30000% gain like NEO.  Food for thought.

Food for thought indeed. I can feel you when you say that grammar and spelling mistakes scared you off, I totally get the same. I just come from an industry where these things are very important but it would be a shame to miss out on great chances just because I am judging all too quickly.

Yes and no I would say.

Of course you will be able to judge when looking to website if this coin is well funded or just anew coin with no money to invest. I have seen a lot of projects in early stages with bad pages but they upgraded it very soon. So if you see a shitty page and the team does nothing with it for a very long time you can assume that there is no future for this project.

Thats a very interesting point I haven't thought of yet. Good to keep an eye on these websites for a bit longer then and not just let a not so impressing website scare me off from the start.

Offline bobby

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 10:44:07 PM »

My pleasure, glad if you lked my little explanation, i assumed it would be easier like that to understand the concept. ;) Yeah, since the teams behind the currencies got an interest of their own to include all mainstream review sites...and maybe also a few "friendly" non-mainstream ones, any interested person usually does not need to look for a long time to find the necessary information. If this ticketing with cryptocurrency project you are interested in also promotes those sites, i guess they are pretty happy with the results ...or at least the attention.  ^^

Well, if i stumble over a new project i do the typical thing - finding out if it is legit by clicking through their homepage. If something is fishy, i research it some more and then i check review sites and double-check their findings with my own...that way i am always secure. ;)

Ahaha, good point about the attention. Attention is never bad for a new project after all and I think the results look pretty decent too. But even if some of the reviews criticise some aspects of the project, I like the transparency which cultural places is showing by putting it onto their website. But yes, good point: Always double check. Thanks!

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG