follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Bounty and KYC  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3529
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: May 20, 2024, 04:48:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Bounty and KYC
« on: October 21, 2018, 09:03:08 AM »
I already posted this on POLL Suggestion but I think it's better if we can discuss it here.

Questions:
1. Should bounty campaigns declare whether or not they will require KYC AT THE START of the campaign as part of the general rules?
2. Should Altcoinstalks disqualify those bounty campaigns that will not declare if KYC is required or not?

I am asking because there are campaigns here that are silent on KYC requirement. What I meant by silent is that it is not indicated in the general rules. I tend to believe that if it's silent, it's not required. Only to find out at the end of the campaign that I have to undergo KYC to claim my bounty rewards.

EDIT: I was going through the Forum Announcements thread and saw that there is a rule on KYC declaration for airdrop/bounty campaigns, https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=39008.0

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Bounty and KYC
« on: October 21, 2018, 09:03:08 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Leonardo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1414
  • HEX: Longer pays better
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 23, 2023, 06:18:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Bounty and KYC
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:20:15 AM »
Questions:
1. Should bounty campaigns declare whether or not they will require KYC AT THE START of the campaign as part of the general rules?
Most of the current bounties do not mention about KYC and I think it's a sign of not requiring KYC. Only some experienced bounty managers clearly include KYC term at the beginning of the campaign.

2. Should Altcoinstalks disqualify those bounty campaigns that will not declare if KYC is required or not?
"Disqualifying" is a bit over-strict but it's necessary to have a recommendation about KYC term in bounties.

There is also this "we reserve the right to change" rule but I believe this should not apply on the KYC rule.
I agree with this. Nothing should be changed and obviously KYC is one of them. Many people are not willing to give out their personal information in exchange for some tokens that are uncertain valued. Their time and effort would be wasted if KYC rule changed in the end.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 04:33:42 PM by Leonardo »

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 11:57:55 AM »
Most of the current bounties do not mention about KYC and I think it's a sign of not requiring KYC. Only some experienced bounty managers clearly include KYC term at the beginning of the campaign.
That's what I observed. So I think it is best if there's a standard on this forum that each campaign will include in their general rules if KYC is required or not. A simple "KYC - Y/N" is enough.

"Disqualifying" is a bit over-strict but it's necessary to have a recommendation about KYC term in bounties.
If KYC requirement is not indicated in the rules, the campaign posted can be temporarily moved to the Quarantine section by moderator and will only be moved back to Bounty section once the rule on KYC is stated.

I agree with this. Nothing should be changed and obviously KYC is one of them. Many people are not willing to give out their personal information in exchange of some tokens that are uncertain valued. Their time and effort would be wasted if KYC rule changed in the end.
Exactly. There are genuine bounty hunters who still wants to remain anonymous that's why it is important that the KYC rule be clearly stated from the start and cannot be reversed.

Offline ipanks

• Activity: 148
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: January 25, 2022, 11:45:15 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 12:07:07 PM »
I already posted this on POLL Suggestion but I think it's better if we can discuss it here.

Questions:

I am asking because there are campaigns here that are silent on KYC requirement. What I meant by silent is that it is not indicated in the general rules. I tend to believe that if it's silent, it's not required. Only to find out at the end of the campaign that I have to undergo KYC to claim my bounty rewards.

1. Yes, they should tell people that they need them to fill the KYC so we can choose to join or not.
2. Allcoinstalks approve for the bounty campaigns with or without KYC and allcoinstalks need to know whether it's legit or not, so people don't have to worry if somehow the bounty campaign scam people.

Offline Ferki

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3502
  • Observer only
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: March 01, 2024, 03:32:42 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »
This is for ICO´s if they read!!

1. Tell us from beginning if we need that KYC!

People who don´t like it will not take a part at the campagne,but that is your intention,to get attention from more accounts but not to pay to all.And if you fail you cash out with our data.Hunters stays there as a loser.

And for our forum bosses

2.Altcoinstalks should play fair and tell us also from the beginning if we need KYC.

Silent and not transparent things  are not leading to trust and trust is important thing in this business

KYC is almost getting standard for investors and also bountys.There is no chance to stop it.I can understand that if that leads to more trust ,security and trancparency.
But don´t fool me around.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:07:52 PM by Ferki »

Offline Yette

• Activity: 73
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: January 11, 2024, 05:31:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 04:02:30 AM »
Experienced this before. They not stated it in the rules as we begin to do the bounty. After the deadline, they asked the bounty hunters for KCY. I know that bounty hunters is not required to tmdo the kcy but they said that we arent going to receive our payments if we are not undergo kcy. No choice for this so we continue and atleast pay the bounty.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 04:02:30 AM »

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 08:28:32 AM »
I just edited my post to include the rule on KYC declaration that the forum has already set since August 9. https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=14779.0

It appears that it is not being followed by some bounty managers and our forum moderators probably missed that announcement.

Offline PRIBO247

• Activity: 1071
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 09, 2019, 01:08:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 12:55:16 AM »
I think it is a mark of respect when campaign projects tell their promoters (bounty hunters) the whole rule of the campaign FROM THE BEGINNING.

Offline cryptoperry

• Activity: 255
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: February 26, 2020, 01:48:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 03:30:41 PM »
I think they should say it in the beginning that they need KYC so that bounty hunters know what to expect.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 06:31:57 PM »
I think it is a mark of respect when campaign projects tell their promoters (bounty hunters) the whole rule of the campaign FROM THE BEGINNING.

I think they should say it in the beginning that they need KYC so that bounty hunters know what to expect.

I agree to both of you. It should be transparent from the beginning and whether they require KYC or not, that decision should be honored. I have heard some campaign say that KYC is not required at the beginning only to change the rule at the end. The bounty hunters who do not want to give their identity had no choice but to abandon their reward from months of hardwork.

Offline Jaguar

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1867
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: January 17, 2024, 03:49:43 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 03:53:20 AM »
I just edited my post to include the rule on KYC declaration that the forum has already set since August 9. https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=14779.0

It appears that it is not being followed by some bounty managers and our forum moderators probably missed that announcement.

That project looks like manage by the manager who missed to read the rules. It must be declared at the beginning of the campaign if necessary to change the rules but he missed to stated that. Implementing KYC at the end or 1-2weeks before the end of campaign is an indication of unpreparedness of the responsible person.
In other hand this is good to eliminate scammers but it is embarrassing because it was announced at the end. Unfair to those who joined the campaign and leave with massage of declining.

Offline Collinberg

• Activity: 138
  • 🔰 FERRUM NETWORK 🔰
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: January 14, 2021, 03:02:34 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 11:17:53 AM »
This is a sore spot for most bounty hunters because for projects that do not declare the KYC requirements in the beginning, many hunters will miss the KYC announcements because to be honest, we cannot keep track of all at the same time especially a bounty that has already ended and removed from our list.
Ferrum Network •   ANN • Bounty • Website • Telegram
The First High-Speed Interoperability Network for Real-World Financial Applications

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG