follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: CEX vs DEX: The neverending discussion  (Read 361 times)

Offline SonofOlympus

• 1st Step
  • Activity: 4
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 10:52:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 5
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter Search First Post
CEX vs DEX: The neverending discussion
« on: May 15, 2024, 09:25:06 PM »
When people ask the usual CEX vs DEX question and I pick CEX they often talk smack about my answer saying they will pick DEXs anytime cause they prefer having complete control over their assets. It's a very valid reason but the steady influx of events on CEXs is enough for me to pick CEX, call me a brokie but that's just what I need hahaha.

An example now is one deposit event on Bitget I just saw. I won't be saying much about it but it has a million dollars of trading bonuses and BTC as its reward. Why will I choose DEXs over CEXs in that case? Besides, I don't even have enough assets to be worried about hahaha. What do you guys think though, weighing what both offer which will you choose, CEXs or DEXs?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

CEX vs DEX: The neverending discussion
« on: May 15, 2024, 09:25:06 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 933
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 09:28:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
Re: CEX vs DEX: The neverending discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 07:49:20 PM »
When people ask the usual CEX vs DEX question and I pick CEX they often talk smack about my answer saying they will pick DEXs anytime cause they prefer having complete control over their assets. It's a very valid reason but the steady influx of events on CEXs is enough for me to pick CEX, call me a brokie but that's just what I need hahaha.

You're right, we all have our preference to why we choose either a centralized exchange or a decentralized one, but when we looked in more closely to the challenges they both have, we could arrived at the same conclusion that it all depends on our individual preference, if we think that we can allow the exchange to be in custody of our assets and never mind about KYC, then we may have to use a centralized exchange, but if otherwise, we may have to consider a decentralized one.

Offline Smcchamp

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 21
  • Last Active: Today at 07:46:54 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    10 Posts Quick Poster Karma
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 11:38:28 PM »

An example now is one deposit event on Bitget I just saw. I won't be saying much about it but it has a million dollars of trading bonuses and BTC as its reward. Why will I choose DEXs over CEXs in that case? Besides, I don't even have enough assets to be worried about hahaha. What do you guys think though, weighing what both offer which will you choose, CEXs or DEXs?

I don't think I can pick one over the other. Both cex & dex have a role to play in the crypto space. If you want more flexibility and more risk then dex is for you. But if you crave security, control and low risk assets then cex is for you. Another perks is the rewards you mentioned on a cex. $1M is huge I'm sure no dex could roll out that kinda stuff for deposits. All in all, they both serve same purpose, so let's use them wisely..

Offline Sim_card

• Activity: 866
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 06:49:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 04:06:47 PM »
Decentralized exchange is for those that love privacy and don't want anything to do with KYC. The reason why a lot of people prefer CEx to DEx is because of their low fee and they have many countries currency in CEx. It is mostly traders that uses CEx for their trading activities. As for me I prefer DEx to CEx because my country government have started having issues with CEx based on regulation policy. Your information can be sold out to the government or your enemies to get you down on CEx.

Online yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1806
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 09:42:31 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:42:53 AM »
I would definitely choose DEXs over CEXs, of course CEXs have some advantages and some disadvantages and DEXs also have some advantages and some disadvantages but in comparison the risks of CEXs are much greater.

If, as you say, you do not have a lot of money to be afraid of and you would like to get some rewards by depositing in CEXs, then it is good in this case. But if you have a large amount of crypto assets, it is better to use DEXs or store them in a hard wallet.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG