follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Poll

Cointelegraph has NFTs, are you ready to invest in them?

Yes, I will try minting NFTs from Cointelegraph
No, I don't believe in the value of these NFTs

Author Topic: Cointelegraph has NFTs, are you ready to invest in them?  (Read 1960 times)

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2897
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 12:31:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
« on: March 10, 2024, 03:22:57 AM »
NFTs have become familiar and popular in the crypto market, even former President Trump has had many of his own collections [1]. Today I happened to read the news on Cointelegraph - the leading independent digital media resource covering a wide range of news on blockchain technology, crypto assets, and emerging fintech trends, and found out that this crypto site also has its own NFT collection. I assure you that this topic is not advertising content or investment advice, I am just sharing my thoughts on the interesting things in the crypto market.

For example: for the article "Bitcoin whales not selling despite $70K — BTC holdings growth is going parabolic" [2], there will be up to 3 NFTs minted, with minting costs ranging from 173 USD to 208 USD [3]. For me, this amount of money is quite large, enough for me to buy about 140-170 MATIC tokens for this uptrend. I think this cost will be used to pay for transaction fees on the Polygon blockchain and go towards Cointelegraph's revenue.

Trying to find out more, it turns out that Cointelegraph allows users to own NFTs of their published articles from mid-2022. The Cointelegraph Historical NFT collection offers a unique opportunity to commemorate pivotal moments in the cryptocurrency industry. By minting an article as an NFT, we become not just readers, but owners of a piece of crypto history [4].

Interestingly, the Cointelegraph Historical Collection has been listed on the Rarible NFT marketplace [5], with the highest asking price reaching 38K WETH ~ 152M USD [6]. I think this price is just for fun. Most other NFTs are only priced at 20 USDC, which is much lower than the cost of minting an NFT. I think that the owners of the NFTs in the Cointelegraph Historical Collection are either fans of Cointelegraph or they believe in the potential for these NFTs to increase in value in the future.

I am just an investor and I look at everything from an economic perspective: I believe that NFTs do have some real value, such as helping to bring NFTs to potential investors among Cointelegraph readers, but valuing them is beyond my ability. I think I should invest in MATIC instead of minting Cointelegraph NFTs, or I will buy FLOW tokens of Flow, the NFT-focused blockchain, because I believe that the NFT trend will soon return this year. Of course, this is not investment advice for MATIC or FLOW tokens.

I want to know your opinion about Cointelegraph NFT:
  • Do you support Cointelegraph issuing its own NFTs?
  • What do you think about the NFT minting fee of 173 - 208 USD? Would you mint an NFT or buy MATIC?
  • Will the NFT trend come back soon in the uptrend of 2024-2025?

References:
[1] Trump’s Digital Trading Cards Sell Out Again For $4.6 Million—But It’s Unclear How Much He Made
[2] Bitcoin whales not selling despite $70K — BTC holdings growth ‘is going parabolic’
[3] Cointelegraph article #125884 in Latest News 9 March, 2024
[4] Turn Cointelegraph articles into NFTs — Early access for 500 readers
[5] Rarible: Cointelegraph Historical Collection
[6] Cointegraph article #105593 from Thu Mar 30 2023

Note:
  • My opinion was posted first in that topic, on Bitcointalk
  • I leave the source link to avoid plagiarism accusation.
  • I excluded/ included minor things from an original thread if necessary.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« on: March 10, 2024, 03:22:57 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15805
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 01:18:14 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
Re: Cointelegraph has NFTs, are you ready to invest in them?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 07:48:02 PM »
I am just an investor and I look at everything from an economic perspective: I believe that NFTs do have some real value, such as helping to bring NFTs to potential investors among Cointelegraph readers, but valuing them is beyond my ability. I think I should invest in MATIC instead of minting Cointelegraph NFTs, or I will buy FLOW tokens of Flow, the NFT-focused blockchain, because I believe that the NFT trend will soon return this year. Of course, this is not investment advice for MATIC or FLOW tokens.

I want to know your opinion about Cointelegraph NFT:
  • Do you support Cointelegraph issuing its own NFTs?
  • What do you think about the NFT minting fee of 173 - 208 USD? Would you mint an NFT or buy MATIC?
  • Will the NFT trend come back soon in the uptrend of 2024-2025?
$170-200 just to mint an NFT and own a token version of an article? This option is really not attractive at all, it is even more expensive than the cost of minting BRC-20 tokens on the Bitcoin blockchain so I will not participate.

1. I support Cointelegraph releasing their own NFT collection, they have the right to do whatever they want to improve their business and attract readers.

2. This cost is too expensive while transaction fees on Polygon are usually very cheap. Most of the costs go to Cointelegraph's revenue, they are so greedy. If I had $170, I would buy MATIC tokens.

3. NFT always plays an important role in the crypto market, GameFi & MoveFi also operate based on NFT, or SoFi in the future too, so I believe that when the market goes into bullrun, NFT trend will also soon return.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 02:35:17 AM »
$170-200 just to mint an NFT and own a token version of an article? This option is really not attractive at all, it is even more expensive than the cost of minting BRC-20 tokens on the Bitcoin blockchain so I will not participate.

1. I support Cointelegraph releasing their own NFT collection, they have the right to do whatever they want to improve their business and attract readers.

2. This cost is too expensive while transaction fees on Polygon are usually very cheap. Most of the costs go to Cointelegraph's revenue, they are so greedy. If I had $170, I would buy MATIC tokens.

3. NFT always plays an important role in the crypto market, GameFi & MoveFi also operate based on NFT, or SoFi in the future too, so I believe that when the market goes into bullrun, NFT trend will also soon return.
Each person has different financial potential, capital sources and investment criteria. Cointelegraph NFTs are still mint meaning there are people who actually want to own them or at least believe in their potential to increase in price in the future to resell and make a profit as in the case of some multi-million collections USD on Ethereum. This is also a way for Cointelegraph to have more income to operate, appear on the NFT marketplace, and be mentioned by the community. As you can see, Cointelegraph only benefits and does not lose anything from this initiative. Other crypto news sites should also learn from Cointelegraph and join the NFT trend!

Online MUGNIA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1424
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 10:26:48 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 07:17:31 AM »
It's better for me to buy an coin MATIC than to print an NFT, since the beginning of the emergence of NFTs I have not been interested in investing in NFTs,
but I support whatever Cointelegraph does because they have the right to do whatever they want, just like we are free to do what we want to do in this crypto world.

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 08:07:10 PM »
It's better for me to buy an coin MATIC than to print an NFT, since the beginning of the emergence of NFTs I have not been interested in investing in NFTs,
but I support whatever Cointelegraph does because they have the right to do whatever they want, just like we are free to do what we want to do in this crypto world.
Cointelegraph is still one of the pioneers in crypto site applying NFT, something I never thought really existed. I don't deny it's interesting, I just don't know who is minting these NFTs when investors like us will easily decide to buy MATIC. Maybe Cointelegraph has loyal fans, or Cointelegraph itself buys those NFTs.

Offline SamReomo

• Activity: 1085
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:35:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 08:20:37 PM »
I'm someone who really doesn't believes in NFTs. I really don't believe in NFTs, they are just a type of scam in our crypto world.

NFTs for in-game items are somehow good for the players but other than that there's no use of NFTs.

Cointelegraph, has created those NFTs in order to grab money from the ones with weak hands nothing else.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 12:38:19 AM »
I'm someone who really doesn't believes in NFTs. I really don't believe in NFTs, they are just a type of scam in our crypto world.

NFTs for in-game items are somehow good for the players but other than that there's no use of NFTs.

Cointelegraph, has created those NFTs in order to grab money from the ones with weak hands nothing else.
If we learn about NFT, we can find many of its values. Its use in GameFi is also a part of that value when it represents limited characters or items in the game, helping gamers have a better experience and get profit from playing the game.

Moreover, the future of NFT is huge: imagine we have an NFT related to the right to access a music track, only the owner can access the database and listen. These things are still under development, I hope they will be more perfect in the future to bring more value to users.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 12:38:19 AM »

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1714
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 05:02:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 09:39:38 AM »
This is also a way for Cointelegraph to have more income to operate, appear on the NFT marketplace, and be mentioned by the community. As you can see, Cointelegraph only benefits and does not lose anything from this initiative.
I mean that's the real issue isn't it, they will make a profit regardless of what happens, while the ones who fomoed or failed to take profits will be the sole losers. Sure they can use the "no investment advice" or whatever legal shield they can produce to ensure they don't lose money, but it is still very greedy. I think the market is smaller than your average NFT marketplace, and I hope it won't grow too big else too many people will print useless NFT. IIRC, one of Twitter's famous tweets was also sold at an astonishing price, yet it plummeted heavily and saw no use case after that. OP, if I were you I"d spend my money elsewhere.

Offline SamReomo

• Activity: 1085
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:35:06 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 10:51:14 AM »
If we learn about NFT, we can find many of its values. Its use in GameFi is also a part of that value when it represents limited characters or items in the game, helping gamers have a better experience and get profit from playing the game.
That's the only reliable use of NFTs but it's also a type of looting if you delve deep into it. The games often create NFTs that are off so high value in start but overtime the NFTs drop their value and the ones who purchased those NFTs will regret that why they have purchased those NFTs.

I don't find any good use of NFTs other than fooling the buyers. NFTs are just a way to make quick buck for the ones who know how to market those NFTs. I have seen many artists who created Jpeg NFTs with AI image generators and sold those NFTs for real money. Less effort more profit that's how NFTs work.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Online Trongduy

• Activity: 833
  • Tengri Privacy tools
  • Last Active: Today at 10:11:51 AM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Karma Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 04:38:48 AM »
That's the only reliable use of NFTs but it's also a type of looting if you delve deep into it. The games often create NFTs that are off so high value in start but overtime the NFTs drop their value and the ones who purchased those NFTs will regret that why they have purchased those NFTs.

I don't find any good use of NFTs other than fooling the buyers. NFTs are just a way to make quick buck for the ones who know how to market those NFTs. I have seen many artists who created Jpeg NFTs with AI image generators and sold those NFTs for real money. Less effort more profit that's how NFTs work.
I don't understand why they still want to mint and own these funny NFTs, even though there is no guarantee that anyone will buy them back. Low liquidity, selling price several times lower than the minting price and still no one wants to buy, not comparable to MATIC token with extremely good liquidity on the market. I think this is just Cointelegraph's way of minting their own NFTs for advertising purposes!

I will not participate in this game, I will spend my money to buy BTC or altcoins which is more secure and can generate more effective profits.
▄█▄
▄█████▄
██▀███▀██
▄███▄████▄███▄
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▄█▄██▀█▀███████▀█▀██▄█▄
▄█████▄█████████████▄█████▄
▀███▀█████████████▀███▀
██▄███▄█████▄███▄██
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▀█▀██▄█▄██▀█▀
▄█████▄
▀███▀
TENGRI CRYPTO
ZERO
LOGS
NO
REGISTRATION
NO
JS
24/7
SUPPORT
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
███████████▌▄██████████
█████████████████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4136
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 05:56:53 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2024, 11:51:10 AM »
Personally, I don't see a lot of value with NFTs not unless something revolutionary can be done with them, increasing the use-cases aside from just being called an owner and maybe even seeing them from time to time akin to a painting on the wall. I still can't bridge the gap between the real, physical art with its digital counterpart where one can easily be reproduce and distributed just like an email. Anyway, to each his own, I guess.

1. Do you support Cointelegraph issuing its own NFTs?
I am not against anybody or any platform issuing their own NFT and if they can find a good market with tis product then congratulations to them. We are indeed entering a new era where digital products are gaining real value in the market. As for me, I am to planning to buy any NFT for that matter. Not a regular reader of Cointelegraph, maybe that can explain why I am not interested with its NFTs not unless they are given to me for FREE.

2. What do you think about the NFT minting fee of 173 - 208 USD? Would you mint an NFT or buy MATIC?
I would rather buy BTC or any other upcoming coin in the market rather than an NFT like that. I have this feeling that if a coin can be so volatile, it is much more with NFTs where value seems to be problematic. I would only mint an NFT if it would lead me to receive a good coin which has a potential to rise in price.

3. Will the NFT trend come back soon in the uptrend of 2024-2025?
Can there be a new bullish season for NFTs? I am not sure if there is one but who knows the future, right? One of the many things I learned in this market is that anything is really possible and the wind of change can easily shift into another direction anytime. Right now, there is an upsurge with meme coins...so let's see if the same energy can rub NFTs too.

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2024, 02:00:09 AM »
Personally, I don't see a lot of value with NFTs not unless something revolutionary can be done with them, increasing the use-cases aside from just being called an owner and maybe even seeing them from time to time akin to a painting on the wall. I still can't bridge the gap between the real, physical art with its digital counterpart where one can easily be reproduce and distributed just like an email. Anyway, to each his own, I guess.

1. Do you support Cointelegraph issuing its own NFTs?
I am not against anybody or any platform issuing their own NFT and if they can find a good market with tis product then congratulations to them. We are indeed entering a new era where digital products are gaining real value in the market. As for me, I am to planning to buy any NFT for that matter. Not a regular reader of Cointelegraph, maybe that can explain why I am not interested with its NFTs not unless they are given to me for FREE.

2. What do you think about the NFT minting fee of 173 - 208 USD? Would you mint an NFT or buy MATIC?
I would rather buy BTC or any other upcoming coin in the market rather than an NFT like that. I have this feeling that if a coin can be so volatile, it is much more with NFTs where value seems to be problematic. I would only mint an NFT if it would lead me to receive a good coin which has a potential to rise in price.

3. Will the NFT trend come back soon in the uptrend of 2024-2025?
Can there be a new bullish season for NFTs? I am not sure if there is one but who knows the future, right? One of the many things I learned in this market is that anything is really possible and the wind of change can easily shift into another direction anytime. Right now, there is an upsurge with meme coins...so let's see if the same energy can rub NFTs too.
Unfortunately, at the present time, NFTs cannot yet have the values that we can put into them: copyright ownership, real estate, certificates, medical records, driver's licenses... Due to the limitations of the legal framework for crypto, everything is still just plans that cannot be applied in practice, so NFTs can only represent simple things that lie within the crypto market: game characters, ownership of articles on Cointelegraph :)

The crypto market is still moving forward, I really hope we will see something more interesting with NFTs in the future because their potential is really big in storing information that cannot be modified or faked. We have thousands of pieces of information that need to be stored decentrally like this!

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG