follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Veil Spammers?  (Read 11552 times)

Offline Leonardo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1414
  • HEX: Longer pays better
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 23, 2023, 06:18:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Veil Spammers?
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2019, 01:52:52 AM »
<...>
Nice work Parodium. Are you planning to bring some bounties to Altcoinstalks? Here we have a healthy environment for bounty.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2019, 01:52:52 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline MVT$

• Activity: 311
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 11, 2019, 07:37:33 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2019, 06:08:17 AM »
incentivized posting is bad for a small forum
we can easily find ourselves in a situation where everywhere users are posting about same project
on bct the situation might be less severe because their forum is much more active due to bigger number of users
but we should also remember that new users are important to our forum
Bct does not tolerate incentivized postings that is why parodium did not include bct in their forum advertising campaign.
New users are indeed important but does this forum really need new users who only post here because they are incentivized?

thus there will be a 2 step solution:
1- users posting incentivized posts are required to post in the section for that:
https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?board=355.0
if not mods are asked to move their posts there.

2- New users over doing it, and not in the proper section, will have their posts moderated

Now that there is a section created for incentivized postings, why not just trash those posts or comments made by old or new users in other sections? It does not look right that mods spend time to search then move them in the right section and the users still gets paid. Trash it so they they won't get paid. I think they'll learn that way.

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2019, 08:21:53 AM »
thus there will be a 2 step solution:
1- users posting incentivized posts are required to post in the section for that:
https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?board=355.0
if not mods are asked to move their posts there.

2- New users over doing it, and not in the proper section, will have their posts moderated

Now that there is a section created for incentivized postings, why not just trash those posts or comments made by old or new users in other sections? It does not look right that mods spend time to search then move them in the right section and the users still gets paid. Trash it so they they won't get paid. I think they'll learn that way.

The bounty stakes are distributed weekly, so trashing anything older than a week wouldn't make any monetary difference. When the post gets moved the links don't work anyway (unless it's a topic) so it has the same effective in that sense. I did otherwise use the bounty thread to move about a months of spam to help clean up the forum. I don't spend time looking for it, it's all signposted for me don't worry, users watched and warned etc. Only two weeks left until end of bounty can't wait.

I think they are learning; their bounty spreadsheet looks like a disaster at the moment full of red. The negative karma users have (finally) been told to stop spamming by management, many missing and demonetized posts, higher ranking members here have voluntarily chosen to move on after warnings.

I like the IP section though, I think it could be useful for newbies to see which projects are being shilled and to "stay the f**k away from".

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG