follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Safe to share your personal data for extra stipends ?  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Phu Juck

• Activity: 84
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 14, 2024, 06:39:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Starter 10 Posts First Post
Re: Safe to share your personal data for extra stipends ?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:35 PM »
It is never a good decision to share your personal data because of hackers.
You can be hacked more esily when someone knowns more about you.

If you can avoid sharing your data, you should avoid it.
Always buy top coins of Defi: Yearn Finance from Andre Cronje and Avalanche from Emin Gün Sirer

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:35 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Vx1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2341
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:11:42 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2024, 06:50:25 PM »
Personally, I have no problem sharing personal data or KYC in the cryptocurrency industry. Whether it's Airdrop or something else, what we need to pay attention to is the project. If the crypto project is not convincing, it's best not to, but if the crypto project or Airdrop is clear, please do it.  Because we often do KYC for crypto exchanges, so that's not a problem for me.

Offline MUGNIA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1440
  • Last Active: Today at 11:06:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2024, 11:56:42 PM »
If it's for an airdrop, I won't share my detailed information, if I see a price that's not commensurate with our personal data, because basically crypto is anonymous, so if there's one of the airdrops that requires personal data to claim, I'd better leave it.

Online DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1064
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 10:45:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2024, 04:53:07 AM »
As the bull run approaches, I'm hunting for promising tokens while my hunger for airdrops keeps increasing lol.. Recently, I discovered Masa on X and was impressed by its achievements. As documented in their whitepaper , masa graduated from Binance's program and securing funding from investors like Anagram and Digital Currency Group.. but i still don’t know if this is enough ground for a project to remain bullish. And if it’s ideal to let our personal data get modified for extra stipends since that’s what the project is all about..

Checked through their community and could feel the activeness in it , although also noticed most investors are more keen on the airdrop they are yet to get .. you think it’s a pass or a fade ? Notwithstanding still got eyes on it to see where Masa goes next market phase.
I'm not sure if you can still participate in the airdrop and if it would be worth it to submit your KYC.
As per X update,
MASA Airdrop Update - The Airdrop Claim will go live after 30 days (11th May) of MASA Token and Network Launch.

The launch of their token and the listing was done on April 11, 2024. The 30-day period will be when they will release the eligible users who can claim the token. Therefore, there's a high chance that participating in this airdrop was already done.

But you can double-check to confirm by yourself if the airdrop participation is still ongoing.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline TopT3ns

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1405
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 10:52:48 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Topic Starter 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2024, 05:06:57 PM »
Personally, I have no problem sharing personal data or KYC in the cryptocurrency industry. Whether it's Airdrop or something else, what we need to pay attention to is the project. If the crypto project is not convincing, it's best not to, but if the crypto project or Airdrop is clear, please do it.  Because we often do KYC for crypto exchanges, so that's not a problem for me.
The airdrop project cannot guarantee its success and sometimes the KYC that we carry out on their platform cannot guarantee that the data you provide is stored properly and safely. So far, on the dark web, a lot of cryptocurrency user data has been leaked and sold at quite cheap prices.

Offline Freemind

• Mythical
  • Activity: 9516
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 08:32:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2024, 09:28:57 PM »
Yes, I believe everyone is willing to sell their data for money, and without you realizing it you have also sold your data to Google, Facebook or other social media where they don't even give you money directly, but they are the ones who get money from the data you send. .

The level of data sensitivity is really complicated, even poor people would be better off selling their data than not eating for a few days. That's why some people feel their data is more important, and some think that eating is more important. You cannot judge unilaterally, because everyone has different levels of needs.

I think it's not about that. It is not the same as Facebook or Google knowing that you prefer to buy an AMD GPU instead of an Nvidia one, or your real name and address, or that some company tries to scan your iris with the promise of deleting that information, which is a lie. There are several ways to prevent Google, for example, from having our data. It is also 100% effective and simple, not using any of Google's products (something that the world's population has become accustomed to for 26 years). Surely there will be people who will say that this is impossible, but it is perfectly possible, we just have to look for solutions.

For many years there have been multiple alternatives to Google (also Facebook, X, Gmail, Instagram etc.) that meet the standards, but people prefer to continue using what they already know and know how to use, even if it costs them their privacy. The learning curve is not difficult, nor is it necessary to have advanced technical knowledge, it is all a question of convenience versus privacy.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline rizqillah

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1889
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 02:35:54 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2024, 04:47:38 AM »
The airdrop project cannot guarantee its success and sometimes the KYC that we carry out on their platform cannot guarantee that the data you provide is stored properly and safely. So far, on the dark web, a lot of cryptocurrency user data has been leaked and sold at quite cheap prices.
There is no guarantee that our personal data will be safe in airdrops or other reward projects, because our data can be bought and sold. I never agree to share our personal ID there, except on a reputable exchange. because it's safe.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2024, 04:47:38 AM »

Offline Vx1

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2024, 03:02:00 PM »
Therefore, we have to be careful if we want to do KYC, pay attention to whether the project is convincing or not.  Usually Airdrops that require KYC are Airdrops from new exchanges, like it or not we have to do it because that is usually a condition for us to be included in the eligible list.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1412
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 10:57:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2024, 03:27:45 PM »
It is never a good decision to share your personal data because of hackers.
You can be hacked more esily when someone knowns more about you.

If you can avoid sharing your data, you should avoid it.
The only problem is that sometimes we need to take the risks just to make profit and gains but the only thing here is that we don't know when and who are the bad actors that is why sometimes we can be victims. I personally don't use real identity online even in my social media accounts just to hide myself from prying eyes. Here in my place a lot of people are victims of this thing identity theft becaus they post everything on their socmed and there even an incident that thief use socmed to commit burglary and successfully ransacked and get all of valuables including the cctv as the poor owner posted something that they are out of town and that mistake draws everyones attention and that serves as a lesson for us all to never expose yourself as a target online and offline.

Offline Freemind

• Mythical
  • Activity: 9516
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 08:32:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2024, 07:26:28 PM »
There is no guarantee that our personal data will be safe in airdrops or other reward projects, because our data can be bought and sold. I never agree to share our personal ID there, except on a reputable exchange. because it's safe.

The problem is that private data is not safe anywhere, not even in companies that claim to have the best security in the world. Darknet is full of websites and forums where we can buy millions of private data for a few dollars in XMR. And even if you believe otherwise, exchanges are not 100% secure, another different thing is that nothing has happened “yet”. Always remember that not even armies can guarantee 100% security, even if they dedicate huge budgets to cybersecurity. The human factor is always the most important, and the one that can ruin everything, misuse, bad security practices, reuse of passwords... All of that may seem silly, but it is not at all. That's why I'm always against sending my private data.

░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline UNIVERSE

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1713
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 12:00:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2024, 11:36:20 PM »
If I personally, to be honest, I would prefer to avoid or not carry out various activities that require me to provide my personal data, especially providing photo ID and so on. I will try to stay away from it because it is very risky. It's enough for me to do it at the local CEX in my country because that's one way I can make withdrawals to my bank account. Otherwise, I would choose not to do it. Likewise with KYC or providing data to certain platforms to get rewards of airdrops. If it can be faked and done without a photo ID, then I can do it, but if it has to be done with a complete KYC system and with ID then I will stop immediately.

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1976
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 03:51:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2024, 07:26:56 AM »
Therefore, we have to be careful if we want to do KYC, pay attention to whether the project is convincing or not.  Usually Airdrops that require KYC are Airdrops from new exchanges, like it or not we have to do it because that is usually a condition for us to be included in the eligible list.
It seems like there are a lot of airdrop projects and every market asks us to do KYC. To be honest, it's very risky if we use our identity to participate in the Airdrop. But for exchanges, I think it's still quite safe because I'm sure the exchange will definitely protect the data well. provided by users because they have valid laws and when they abuse it they have the potential to be sued by many people.

Online Findingnemo

• Activity: 815
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 11:43:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2024, 09:16:28 AM »
There is a say, " Data is the digital gold"

So you are giving gold to get tokens that may or may not have value.

Personally, I prefer my privacy over few bucks but everyone have their own choices but you need to understand the risk of giving out your sensitive information to everyone online will make the chances of getting the details sold for scammers/hacker which they might use it to impersonate an attack or they simply launch attack on you.

Offline Vx1

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2024, 05:48:03 PM »

Personally, I prefer my privacy over few bucks but everyone have their own choices but you need to understand the risk of giving out your sensitive information to everyone online will make the chances of getting the details sold for scammers/hacker which they might use it to impersonate an attack or they simply launch attack on you.
But not everything is bad, we can share our data via KYC if it is really necessary or as a main requirement for us to be nominated. Our personal data is very important, therefore we must be careful when carrying out KYC. 
If it's just for an Airdrop event, it's best not to, unless we're doing KYC for a crypto exchange.

Online Findingnemo

• Activity: 815
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 11:43:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2024, 08:23:17 PM »

But not everything is bad, we can share our data via KYC if it is really necessary or as a main requirement for us to be nominated. Our personal data is very important, therefore we must be careful when carrying out KYC. 
If it's just for an Airdrop event, it's best not to, unless we're doing KYC for a crypto exchange.

When we are providing KYC documents to get verified in a reputed crypto platform is considered to be safe or atleast we can trust their reputation that they won't be abusing our data but it's completely different from giving the data to random airdrops which may not have any real identity of who is behind the project.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG