follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Be cautious when copying wallet addresses  (Read 1314 times)

Offline milewilda

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1502
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 12:43:40 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
Re: Be cautious when copying wallet addresses
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2024, 10:10:52 PM »
I never knew this was possible so usually just copy the address and send without confirming much. Well turns out that was a big mistake on my part. Never knew that clipboard can do such. I don't know if it's a malware, I ended up using an address that wasn't mine and funny holds some units of Bitcoin.

Still confused how something like this could happen,  but try to be cautious and don't feel too lazy to cross check your address before sending or posting. Recall Bitcoin transactions are irreversible after 6 confirmations, once confirmed it's gone. You can tell the wallet address it went to but not the owner. Except they are careless,  which I doubt they are.
Clipboard malware has been long time known on which this is usually something that you could really be able to get when you are really that loving on downloading anything on the net.
This is something that you should really be avoiding up in the first place on trying out to click up some links or whatsoever because once you do download something then you are prone into
getting those viruses or malwares on which it would really be causing for you to lose up those files and exposed personal pc information and even with that basic clipboard malware.
If you cant really be able to notice it out then say goodbye into your funds even if we do say that a transaction would be having that 1 confirmation.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2024, 10:10:52 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Vx1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2349
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 04:29:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2024, 10:43:20 PM »
I have experienced this, wrongly sending tokens to a coin's smart contract instead of my personal wallet address. 
This happened because I did it in a hurry, so.. it is very important that we double-check the wallet address to which we will send assets before we press the send button.
Unfortunately, the assets you send to the smart contract will be lost and cannot be sent back. That is why when carrying out cryptocurrency transactions you have to pay attention to the address which must be appropriate and correct, sometimes the size of a letter or one different letter will make our assets trapped forever.
It's true that my assets were completely lost due to my own fault, it all happened because I rushed to make a transaction without checking first. I thought the wallet I copied was correct, but it turned out the smart contract address was still attached to it.

Offline MUGNIA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1442
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 04:52:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2024, 11:26:19 PM »
I have experienced this, wrongly sending tokens to a coin's smart contract instead of my personal wallet address. 
This happened because I did it in a hurry, so.. it is very important that we double-check the wallet address to which we will send assets before we press the send button.
Unfortunately, the assets you send to the smart contract will be lost and cannot be sent back. That is why when carrying out cryptocurrency transactions you have to pay attention to the address which must be appropriate and correct, sometimes the size of a letter or one different letter will make our assets trapped forever.

It's true that we can get trapped and lose the funds we have, if we send it wrongly and we don't know the owner of the wallet, but it's different if we send it to the wrong exchange and it's our own account.
I once sent the wrong exchange address and after going through several processes my funds were returned

Offline Maxcryptic

• 1st Step
  • Activity: 4
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 09:48:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 5
    Search Topic Starter First Post
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2024, 11:32:02 PM »
I never knew this was possible so usually just copy the address and send without confirming much. Well turns out that was a big mistake on my part. Never knew that clipboard can do such. I don't know if it's a malware, I ended up using an address that wasn't mine and funny holds some units of Bitcoin.

Still confused how something like this could happen,  but try to be cautious and don't feel too lazy to cross check your address before sending or posting. Recall Bitcoin transactions are irreversible after 6 confirmations, once confirmed it's gone. You can tell the wallet address it went to but not the owner. Except they are careless,  which I doubt they are.
I have not experienced this before but it's good that you shared and suspect it could be due to malware on your device or the app in question.

Online Cantsay

• Activity: 1034
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 03:54:59 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Poll Votes Quick Poster 1000 Posts
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2024, 11:33:33 PM »

Still confused how something like this could happen,  but try to be cautious and don't feel too lazy to cross check your address before sending or posting.

As mentioned above by several users - it was mostly caused by a malware.

Personally, I’ve never experienced something like this before, because each time I’m to send some coins I make sure I triple check and by triple checking I don’t mean just checking the first and last four digits alone - I usually check the entire address because there have been reports of scammers using address that are similar to yours so as to convince you that you copied the right address.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1065
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 08:49:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2024, 11:42:54 PM »
Back in 2022, I came across a post where a member on the other forums, talked about being attack with clipboard virouse and he also mistakenly sent his coins to a wrong address that the virus have changed from the original addres to the one the virus generated. Right from the time I saw that post, I have been very conscious to cross check wallet addres before I make any payment.

Sorry you had to lose your coin but we actually face this kind of experience to learn from our mistakes.

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1585
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 06:56:02 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2024, 04:19:16 PM »
Caution is never redundant in this market, fortunately I have never encountered a similar situation. I use Ubuntu on my laptop to manage crypto-related information and it seems to be much safer than Windows, and I also don't install any unnecessary software on that laptop. Viruses are everywhere and can change the address to the address of hackers to steal users' crypto assets.
~snip~

I generally agree that caution is something that has no alternative when it comes to cryptocurrencies, especially their storage and transactions. I also agree that any Linux based OS is more secure than Windows OS, but even the latter can be quite secure if we use it in a way that we don't do things that are risky.

Pirate software, crack, various content from torrents, as well as visits to "suspicious websites" are not something that should be connected with our crypto wallets or any other activity related to cryptocurrencies. If someone is careless and in addition does not have some basic knowledge, then there are great chances that he will make a wrong step, regardless of which OS he uses.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2024, 04:19:16 PM »

Offline Findingnemo

• Activity: 824
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 09:45:42 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Search Karma
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2024, 05:44:06 PM »
Caution is never redundant in this market, fortunately I have never encountered a similar situation. I use Ubuntu on my laptop to manage crypto-related information and it seems to be much safer than Windows, and I also don't install any unnecessary software on that laptop. Viruses are everywhere and can change the address to the address of hackers to steal users' crypto assets.
~snip~

I generally agree that caution is something that has no alternative when it comes to cryptocurrencies, especially their storage and transactions. I also agree that any Linux based OS is more secure than Windows OS, but even the latter can be quite secure if we use it in a way that we don't do things that are risky.

Pirate software, crack, various content from torrents, as well as visits to "suspicious websites" are not something that should be connected with our crypto wallets or any other activity related to cryptocurrencies. If someone is careless and in addition does not have some basic knowledge, then there are great chances that he will make a wrong step, regardless of which OS he uses.

No matter how safe we keep our device we should not ignore the cross checking the address after pasting in the send tab, I check twice or thrice to make sure I am not infected with clippers.

As you said, usage of pirated apps or even the OS is the primary reasons why many users become victims of the hackers. These attacks usually target wide range of people so we can save ourselves when we try to be sensible with our funds.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Doovla

• 1 strike
  • Activity: 472
  • Last Active: Today at 12:03:08 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Super active 50 Posts in one day too active, 25 Posts in one day Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2024, 06:24:52 PM »
Bad experience with Metamask, in the process of sending money from my wallet to another, the funds slipped into an unknown wallet, is this due to a lack of security because I checked the correctness of the address several times. I don't use Metamask even though it is very popular in the crypto world, but less popular and I've been using it for 2 months now and I don't have any ambiguities that would pop up in the notification or similar. You should pay attention to whom it is sent to and to whom your wallet address will be visible these days.

Offline milewilda

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1502
  • Last Active: Today at 12:43:40 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2024, 06:40:39 PM »
Bad experience with Metamask, in the process of sending money from my wallet to another, the funds slipped into an unknown wallet, is this due to a lack of security because I checked the correctness of the address several times. I don't use Metamask even though it is very popular in the crypto world, but less popular and I've been using it for 2 months now and I don't have any ambiguities that would pop up in the notification or similar. You should pay attention to whom it is sent to and to whom your wallet address will be visible these days.
Here's possible thing happen into your situation.

1. Connected sites
2. Wallet drainer
3. Exposed PK

If you would really be trying out to check out the wallet transaction or activities then its impossible that it wont be passed up on the designated address on where you do input it from.
You wont really be that making transfers didnt push through if the said address was right and you can see everything on chain.
So your story is that unbelievable on that case.

Offline Ambatman

• Activity: 258
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 06:23:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Quick Poster Poll Voter Avatar
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2024, 07:18:06 PM »

If you download a lot of applications, you end up with clippers (also known as clipboard hijackers), which have access to the data that you copy and then modify it for what the hackers want.
Mostly, any Bitcoin address is changed to the hackers' address, so you must verify the address several times.
Yeah I believe this might be the reason. It's not my primary phone but I do use it to surf and download applications that isn't from Google Play Store. Downloaded a mycelium wallet there to help hold earnings from campaigns without even knowing that hackers could be so specific to focus on addresses of wallet.
Like how are they aware I dabble in cryptos
Checked and found out the changes isn't just applicable to bitcoin wallet but usdt among others. Well it's an eye opener. Experience might be the harshest teacher but it sure teaches. I believe sacrificing the fund for better safekeeping of future earnings is worth it.
Rather than losing everything at once.

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1585
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 06:56:02 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2024, 03:33:40 PM »
No matter how safe we keep our device we should not ignore the cross checking the address after pasting in the send tab, I check twice or thrice to make sure I am not infected with clippers.

There is no doubt about that, security is up to each of us individually and requires only a little time and attention. What I would also warn about when it comes to checking our coin addresses is that there are also clipboard malware that do not change the user's addresses with random addresses, but try to find an address from their database that is as similar as possible to the original one. This trick can fool some who usually only check the first and last characters of the address.

As you said, usage of pirated apps or even the OS is the primary reasons why many users become victims of the hackers. These attacks usually target wide range of people so we can save ourselves when we try to be sensible with our funds.

I don't think anyone should use pirated software, but many people can't afford to pay for a license and that's their only choice - although they should avoid such things at all costs. At the end of the day, such software only brings them problems, and if they have any sensitive data on their computer, they will most likely face much more serious consequences.
██████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Online robelneo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1810
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 04:38:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2024, 11:08:27 PM »

Have you checked where the problem comes from I'm still using Metamask and I have no problem sending addresses to other addresses and also checked it several times and checked on Explorer after sending the funds, Metamask still works fine it is the user' negligence that may have caused it

This is a serious case if you are 100% sure the address was correct then it's landed on another address you should escalate it on Metamask to warn others but you have to first send proof that it did happen.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online yohananaomi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2077
  • Last Active: Today at 05:36:21 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2024, 01:09:22 AM »
Have you checked where the problem comes from I'm still using Metamask and I have no problem sending addresses to other addresses and also checked it several times and checked on Explorer after sending the funds, Metamask still works fine it is the user' negligence that may have caused it

This is a serious case if you are 100% sure the address was correct then it's landed on another address you should escalate it on Metamask to warn others but you have to first send proof that it did happen.
Same with me, until now, I still use Metamask because of the convenience found there and there are never any difficulties or errors that can occur because we can control, again when sending. Especially for users who we often send to. We can automatically write down their names and don't need to repeat their wallet numbers. Sorry if I misinterpreted, it's possible that you entered the wrong number or copied and pasted incorrectly, so it wasn't sent correctly.
I agree, if this really happened because it was a metamask error and not because of a wrong address, of course, it would be very worrying about metamask users.

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1711
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 05:24:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2024, 10:59:41 AM »
It's true that my assets were completely lost due to my own fault, it all happened because I rushed to make a transaction without checking first. I thought the wallet I copied was correct, but it turned out the smart contract address was still attached to it.

At least we learned from our own mistakes, and we don't want that to happen again. Although I haven't experienced that yet, what I'm really doing is checking it over and over as much as possible because, of course, we're talking about money here.

When making a cryptocurrency transaction, it is forbidden to make a mistake because one mistake means that we will not be able to recover the money that has been deducted from our wallet account, whether it is a deposit or a withdrawal.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG