follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Is Cryptocurrency Mining Still Profitable In 2018?  (Read 9731 times)

Offline lesing

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 19
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: June 05, 2020, 02:19:52 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Is Cryptocurrency Mining Still Profitable In 2018?
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2018, 09:54:36 PM »
Depends on  how much power your system draws and how effective you can cool the system.  I mined with a machine in my office room which had the thermostat to the whole house right outside the office room.  So the A/C to the whole house was kicking on all the time.  So the A/C cost with the cost of the power from the system and the noise it created wasn't worth it for me.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2018, 09:54:36 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline doranan

• Activity: 113
  • The World’s First Blockchain Core
  • Last Active: December 16, 2018, 01:51:00 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:56 PM »
I think the estimate thus seems to be on a worst case basis, with it accounting for hardware costs. The latter might somewhat counter the rise in hashrate for bitcoin to now 52 quintillion. That’s because new asics cost around $1,000 too, so miners could replace new gear.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram

Offline AltLogan

• Activity: 336
  • Last Active: August 14, 2019, 04:36:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »
Well, for me it was never profitable as I have very expensive local elecrticity.

Offline samanti

• Activity: 116
  • The World’s First Blockchain Core
  • Last Active: December 16, 2018, 01:55:22 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »
I think the most effective and easy to access model of remote mining is Cloud Mining. In cloud mining, a minor purchases a part of the mining power of hardware hosted and owned by a Cloud Mining company.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram

Offline ShouldIDidItOrNot

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 28
  • Last Active: March 31, 2019, 02:28:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2018, 11:12:41 AM »
I think the most effective and easy to access model of remote mining is Cloud Mining. In cloud mining, a minor purchases a part of the mining power of hardware hosted and owned by a Cloud Mining company.
Isn't cloud mining just a financial pyramid?

Offline FinTech

• Activity: 54
  • :: Financial Technology ::
  • Last Active: December 23, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2018, 09:49:58 AM »
Depends on  how much power your system draws and how effective you can cool the system.  I mined with a machine in my office room which had the thermostat to the whole house right outside the office room.  So the A/C to the whole house was kicking on all the time.  So the A/C cost with the cost of the power from the system and the noise it created wasn't worth it for me.

the possibility that it has no effect, given that the diff is getting higher and also the results of mining are starting to thin out when compared to the FIAT pair, not to mention this is calculated by network and hardware maintenance. In some places it is not worth doing, Until now, what coin are you mining?
.:.:. Financial Technology .:.:.

Offline paimai1

• Activity: 139
  • Last Active: February 20, 2019, 10:17:06 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 02:56:12 PM »
Майнинг-компания Giga Watt прекратила все операции Сегодня 14:51  Американская майнинговая компания Giga Watt прекратила все повседневные операции из-за ареста майнинговой площадки и работавших на ней вычислительных мощностей, сообщается в официальном чате компании в Telegram. Компания разослала клиентам письма о том, что она продолжала работать в течение двух месяцев после инициации процедуры банкротства, однако «в настоящее время потеряла доступ к своим мощностям и объекту, на котором был расположен майнинг-центр».
Сообщается, что до марта пользователи могут вывести свои средства с кошельков через панель управления на сайте Giga Watt.
Giga Watt также пообещала вернуть клиентам их майнинговое оборудование, хранящееся на хостинге компании. Майнеры, устройства которых были демонтированы до ареста площадки, в течение двух недель получат уведомления.
Те клиенты, чье оборудование оказалось арестовано вместе с дата-центром, должны будут дождаться окончания судебного процесса.
В ноябре компания подала документы о банкротстве в суд Восточного округа Вашингтона. Ее кредиторами являются около 20 фирм, в том числе коммунальные предприятия и поставщики электричества.
Обязательства перед ними оцениваются в 10−50 млн долларов, при этом собственные активы компании составляют только 50 тыс. долларов. В протоколе собрания акционеров Giga Watt говорится, что она неплатежеспособна и не сможет вовремя вернуть деньги.
В январе против Giga Watt подали коллективный иск, в котором инвесторы утверждали, что она так и не выполнила своих обязательств по реализации проекта и выдаче токенов.
Они также обвинили компанию в проведении незарегистрированного предложения ценных бумаг. В августе фирма начала сокращать персонал.

Подробнее на https://ru.ihodl.com/topnews/2019-01-17/majning-kompaniya-giga-watt-prekratila-vse-operacii/

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 02:56:12 PM »

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG