follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Any suggestions ? ideas ?  (Read 6699 times)

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2029
  • dev@
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: Today at 01:26:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Any suggestions ? ideas ?
« on: June 28, 2019, 01:01:59 PM »
this is the section to propose your  suggestions and ideas
and if i like them, you will be rewarded

suggestions > in new topic posts , not replies to this post
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:35:25 PM by admin »
At your service.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Any suggestions ? ideas ?
« on: June 28, 2019, 01:01:59 PM »

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Offline Leonardo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1414
  • HEX: Longer pays better
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 23, 2023, 06:18:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Any suggestions ? ideas ?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:04:26 AM »
My suggestions in the old days but it still hasn't been completely fixed yet: Some improvements that'll make the forum better.

The banner should definitely removed for high ranked members. It's so confusing. The password and log-in parts were somehow improved but not perfect yet. I'll talk about them in more depth later this evening.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,

Online Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3306
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 01:50:16 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 08:08:15 PM »
How about adjusting the limit to the number of report to moderators before that 360 seconds restriction? I believe it's 2 or 3 consecutive reports before the restriction pops out. Either increase the number of allowed reports or decrease the gap to maybe 60 seconds.

I'm spending more time reading some comments and there are a lot of signature spammers with low quality comments. It's time to clean them up.

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 08:36:49 PM »
How about adjusting the limit to the number of report to moderators before that 360 seconds restriction? I believe it's 2 or 3 consecutive reports before the restriction pops out. Either increase the number of allowed reports or decrease the gap to maybe 60 seconds.

I'm spending more time reading some comments and there are a lot of signature spammers with low quality comments. It's time to clean them up.
let them be for now, we don't want to have a moderation nazi style
At your service.

Online Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:59:26 AM »
Removing their low quality comments won't hurt them. It'll only help them to be more constructive but it's your call.

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
Removing their low quality comments won't hurt them. It'll only help them to be more constructive but it's your call.

It's putting a lot of energy and effort into something that is not really important.
If this energy would be put into creating good educational posts, or asking important questions, that would be much better
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:17:47 PM by admin »
At your service.

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1499
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: Today at 11:17:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »

From my experience that doesn't work. If you remove this spammy posts they will learn nothing only make them angry and maybe leave the forum or fight against it in the worse scenario. We need to educate them using the karma points, I assume.

If you spot such a spammer then give negative karma. If he gets enough, he will have to do something about it and come to the court, were i will try to educate him on posting or he will improve by himself, when he will see, that actual strategy doesn't work at all.

You can always send a PM after such negative karma, that you will adjust it with an positive, if he edit (if possible) his spammy post or write a new one and inform you about this.

I know is a lot additional work, but such approach to newbies and spammers will work the best, to not scare them off from the forum, because we need more members, even if they are low quality once. Our mission is to transfer them, into high quality members.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 09:57:42 AM by EmoneyABC »
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »

Online Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 01:37:13 PM »

From my experience that doesn't work. If you remove this spammy posts they will learn nothing only make them angry and maybe leave the forum or fight against it in the worse scenario. We need to educate them using the karma points, I assume.

If you spot such a spammer then give negative karma. If he gets enough, he will have to do something about it and come to the court, were i will try to educate him on posting or he will improve by himself, when he will see, that actual strategy doesn't work at all.

You can always send a PM after such negative karma, that you will adjust it with an positive, if he edit (if possible) his spammy post or write a new one and inform you about this.

I know is a lot additional work, but such approach to newbies and spammers will work the best, to not scare them off from the forum, because we need more members, even if they are low quality once. Our mission is to transfer them, into high quality members.

I've already dropped this but since you're sharing your opinion, let me reply.

How sure are we that the negative karma has no similar effect to users? Do we have any data on how many users left because they got negative karma? Users also gets annoyed when they get -karma and i think it is safe to say that some of them left the forum already.

You mentioned about people getting -karma going to court and educating them, can we not do that also to users whose post/comment were deleted? Can we not PM users also and inform them that their post/comment was reported/deleted for being low quality and that they need to improve if they don't want it to happen again.

If between getting a -karma and getting a post deleted post, I think newbies/spammers would prefer deleted post.

@admin, are users getting notified for their deleted posts/comments? If not, maybe that feature could be added?

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 01:53:47 PM »

How sure are we that the negative karma has no similar effect to users? Do we have any data on how many users left because they got negative karma? Users also gets annoyed when they get -karma and i think it is safe to say that some of them left the forum already.

You mentioned about people getting -karma going to court and educating them, can we not do that also to users whose post/comment were deleted? Can we not PM users also and inform them that their post/comment was reported/deleted for being low quality and that they need to improve if they don't want it to happen again.

If between getting a -karma and getting a post deleted post, I think newbies/spammers would prefer deleted post.

@admin, are users getting notified for their deleted posts/comments? If not, maybe that feature could be added?

a lot of valid opinions
but that would require a lot of custom code modification
that i am trying to avoid, because i already changed a lot and afraid to break some functionalities while building new features
thus for no, will not change
At your service.

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 04:15:54 PM »

a lot of valid opinions
but that would require a lot of custom code modification
that i am trying to avoid, because i already changed a lot and afraid to break some functionalities while building new features
thus for no, will not change

I can add another custom template in warning log for low quality post, and mods could use this? either by pm or directly?
The warnings don't show on profiles, so it would just be other mods that would see them. similar to other warnings.
Explaining to each individual user why their specific post was low quality and deleted is far too time consuming.

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1499
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: Today at 11:17:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 07:53:16 PM »
...Can we not PM users also and inform them that their post/comment was reported/deleted for being low quality and that they need to improve if they don't want it to happen again...

But this exactly what I have written. Have you read to the end?

You don't have to give negative karma at all (even better) but above members suggested to delete this posts at all and this is not what Admin wants and forum needs at this moment.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 07:55:31 PM by EmoneyABC »
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile