follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Fashion Meets Virtual Reality: A Look at the 2nd Metaverse Fashion Week  (Read 417 times)

Offline Adams-Richard

• Activity: 50
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: October 05, 2023, 07:19:22 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Posts One year Anniversary 10 Posts

Image from CryptoNewsZ

The 2nd Metaverse Fashion Week was an incredible collaboration between major brands such as Dundas, Adidas, and HBO. The success of the first event led Decentraland to organize yet another spectacular fashion week. As someone who attended all three days of the event, I'm excited to share a recap of everything that went down during the Metaverse Fashion Week (MVFW) in this blog.

Highlights from the 2nd Metaverse Fashion Week

This year’s Metaverse Fashion Week had a theme that was all about linking up the next wave of fashion creators with traditional designers. They called it “Future Heritage” and it was pretty awesome to see the two worlds come together like that. Some of the big names in the digital fashion game, like Zero10, DressX, and the Fabricant, were back for the second time. Although the total number of brands was a bit less this time around, there were still some standout shows that I have to mention. Dundas totally killed it with their gorgeous avatars (just like last year), and Adidas made their debut as a first-time participant. And let’s not forget about Decentraland and HBO, who both brought their A-game to the event.

Alright, let’s talk about some of the not-so-great things that went down at the MVFW this year. First off, attendees were hit with a major problem – neither my iPhone nor my iPad Pro could be used to enter Decentraland. I heard some people had to even cancel a few meetings and stay home. On top of that, the Mac app was a total fail, so I had to resort to playing the browser version of the game, which was super glitchy and required us to clear our browser cache. And let me tell you, the first day was insane - there were so many users trying to get in that it was impossible to visit any of the locations.

On the flip side, I have to say that the Metaverse Fashion Week’s official AR partner, DRESSX, really took things up a notch by hosting a bunch of amazing immersive events throughout Decentraland. They took Web3 to a whole new level with a series of super cool immersive activations all over Decentraland. They kicked off the event with the DUNDAS digital runway show and showcased two cutting-edge 3D designers, Injury and Blade Runway, at their neo-genesis boutique. Plus, they even gave away a special free mint to the community. But that's not all - DRESSX also teamed up with Tommy Hilfiger to release an amazing 3D wearable collection and opened a purely digital pop-up in Metajuku with Original Penguin.

From awesome virtual catwalks to after-parties with no guest list (oh, and let's not forget about the killer tributes to Vivienne Westwood and Cristóbal Balenciaga), MVFW had a jam-packed schedule full of exclusive experiences designed by 63 different fashion houses, including heavy hitters like Coach, DKNY, Tommy Hilfiger, and Dolce&Gabbana.

Overall, the usefulness of metaverse is truly commendable.

As Diego di Tommaso, the founder of Over, pointed out, the goal is to blend digital fashion with the real world, creating a seamless integration of physical and virtual reality that generates a more impactful experience. The metaverse is not a standalone concept, but rather a dynamic and interconnected network that bridges the gap between the physical and digital realms.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG