follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Connected Cars:How Blockchain Delivers Insights into Your Vehicles Past & future  (Read 138 times)

Offline Shezcute Abbie

• Activity: 54
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 21, 2024, 09:56:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Posts Karma Topic Starter
I'm a total newbie when it comes to cars. I recently realized it's really important to check out a car's history before buying it. In the past, if a car seemed like a good deal and looked alright at first glance, I'd just buy it without digging deeper. That's risky because upon further research I got to know the importance of having this vital information before purchasing a car especially if it is used.

I was completely surprised when a car salesman showed me a super detailed report on a car he was trying to sell. The car was connected to the DIMO network, a system that collects info from the car's computers to create a complete history of the vehicle.

While that fancy car was too pricey for me sadly, I was really impressed by the thorough background check and it made me realize the value of blockchain technology to access key details on a used car's past. This made it clear I need to learn more to better evaluate cars before I purchase one.

Who else knew this was possible? Are there other blockchain networks that are capable of collating data and histories of one's car once connected?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1714
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 05:02:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
I followed a blockchain project that initially focused on mobility. They allow car users to unlock and lock their cars, track the location, etc. They also integrate ID management into it. That being said, there's no need for a dedicated blockchain for this afaik, since you just need to timestamp/hash the data and upload it to an existing network with no problem. I won't be surprised if there will be one project that uses the BTC blockchain as its backbone to hash the data. They can also just ditch blockchain and use IPFS, although I'm not sure how reliable it will be if their project is not famous at all. In most cases though, blockchain is just a jargon they use to sell their tokens, while their solution doesn't really need a new/dedicated network/token for that.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG