follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Hold vs trading what is better?  (Read 34229 times)

Offline Martyns

• Activity: 206
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 12, 2024, 10:48:18 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Badges: (View All)
    Search Topic Starter Karma
Re: Hold vs trading what is better?
« Reply #270 on: January 04, 2024, 05:48:14 AM »
It's a thing of more about our personal decision to see what we wanted to come turns a reality, some people can afford to have their asset to be hold for long because they realized the profitability in such and don't have to change their minds for selling before it's due time, while some needed to have a daily transactions with their asset turning it an investment that has a daily return and they are good at trading, taking the risk in it and could also afford earning through same.
Holding your coin always looks better in all ramifications because it doesn't take any risk,it only depend on your mindset,and how you have the ability to have patience,which is the most important asset in holding.Once you are always in a rush,you will see that you are already paving way to trading mindset.I am not saying trading isn't good at all,but I am on the side of holding,because I know it has a large profit percentage than trading despite the fact that holding takes time,
I will always prefer holding than trading anytime,anyday.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #270 on: January 04, 2024, 05:48:14 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Agbe

• Activity: 1160
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 05:55:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Voter Quick Poster 1000 Posts
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2024, 08:58:06 PM »
It's a thing of more about our personal decision to see what we wanted to come turns a reality, some people can afford to have their asset to be hold for long because they realized the profitability in such and don't have to change their minds for selling before it's due time, while some needed to have a daily transactions with their asset turning it an investment that has a daily return and they are good at trading, taking the risk in it and could also afford earning through same.
Holding your coin always looks better in all ramifications because it doesn't take any risk,it only depend on your mindset,and how you have the ability to have patience,which is the most important asset in holding.Once you are always in a rush,you will see that you are already paving way to trading mindset.I am not saying trading isn't good at all,but I am on the side of holding,because I know it has a large profit percentage than trading despite the fact that holding takes time,
There is risk in the two. As for the investment when you enter the market in the All Time High and the price comes down, and the long run for about four years and the price has not increased and you need funds to settle things you are on the losing side. Though as you said patient is the best key to succeed in investment. Therefore there is less risky in investment but as the trading, you can empty your wallet within a day. So the risk in trading is very high. But trading can make you instant millionaire but the best among all is hodling. But and hodle to the ATH. And that is ever crypto enthusiast. Investment is the best and good luck to all the investors.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1585
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 09:56:57 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Quick Poster Poll Voter
« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2024, 10:53:59 PM »

You're generally right in terms of holders being more profitable long-term than traders (most of whom lose money), but this works best in traditional markets (e.g. investing in indices etc) where you put your money in a stable asset that tends to go up over time and you don't worry about short-term fluctuations.
But to say holding is risk-free when it comes to crypto is a big stretch. Even holding bitcoin is not risk free, as there's no guarantee the 4-years cycles will continue, and there's always risk of unfavourable regulations etc.

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1139
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 09:18:32 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #273 on: January 05, 2024, 11:12:38 PM »
But trading can make you instant millionaire

Man..., It was funny reading this. Have you traded crypto before? From your statement, I doubt if you are actually a trader. You are giving the wrong idea about trading, mate. Trading is not a get-rich-quick scheme, nor is it a get-poor scheme. Trading doesn't make a trader a millionaire instantly; as a matter of fact, even those who claim to be professional traders still experience losses in most of their trades.

Most people who had the misconception that trading could turn them millionaires overnight got disappointed and lost their capital to no profit. Trading is risky and requires someone who is courageous, determined, patient, and consistent.

Offline alltalk

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3558
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 9
  • Last Active: Today at 04:04:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2024, 11:17:56 PM »
Both investing and trading are good and I am involved in both. I invest usually for long term planning but trading for short term gain. Bitcoin is the most reliable coin to invest in because there is no other coin more reliable than Bitcoin in my list of choices because of the long-term holding of the investment.
Indeed. It is okay to do both trading and investing. I also do both, I think we should take the advantage from both trading and investing. As long as we have sufficient knowledge on them, it won't be a  problem to trade and invest. However, we need to learn everything first before we do trading or investing. When we have lack knowledge, the chance to fail will be too high. We know crypto is risky, we need to ensure we have proper ability first.

Well, Bitcoin is good and top altcoins are good, too. We can choose which one is the most profitable to trade or invest in.

█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Asiska02

• Activity: 786
  • Last Active: April 07, 2024, 02:59:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Karma Bad Search Signature
« Reply #275 on: January 06, 2024, 10:25:04 AM »
I will rather hold than trade. Through holding I can learn how to trade but if I go for trading I will miss out on how to hold and could miss on some important things that will make me to gain a lot from them. The two are good but the first one doesn’t needs experience and even a beginner can practice that while the second one requires you to be professional and learn some basics before jumping fully into it.

Offline bitterguy28

• Activity: 1129
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 02:18:10 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2024, 11:16:22 AM »
It is better to practice which is which. The strategy that makes you more profit is the effective one to practice. To practice the strategy will make you perfect in slowly but surely  application. To hold or trade is good in a matter of time. The right time is what matters.

What do you think?
There are only few that had been awarded with skills and ability to trade that is why I kept believing that trading is not for everyone (not unless you will really put your mind in it)  but for the people like me that has many things to do in life then maybe I will choose HOLDING
aside from being very safe , this will only take small time to check the market and leave not like trading that needs your full attention if you wanted to succeed.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2024, 11:16:22 AM »

Offline Evgenklm

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2055
  • Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited
  • Last Active: April 08, 2024, 09:02:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2024, 12:22:19 PM »
I believe that the choice between holding and trading depends on individual preferences.  If you trade short-term, you can benefit from price fluctuations, but this is sometimes difficult because the market is unpredictable.  I personally prefer holding for the long term.
 Ultimately, what's best depends on your financial goals, risk tolerance, and the amount of time and effort you're willing to put in.
SWG.IO.
Smart World
Global Token
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▄█████▀▒▒▀█████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀██▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▀█▀▒▒▒
▄███▄▒▒▒▒▒▄████▄▒▒▒▒▒▄███▄
▀██▀▒▒▒▒▒▀████▀▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄▒▒▀▀▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▄▒▒▄█████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
BINANCE
#SWGT
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
.BUY NOW.
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███  ICOHOLDER  ███
✅ TOP-3 PRE-SALE
✅ 4.45 RATING

Offline Vx1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2387
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 07:25:04 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2024, 12:50:23 PM »
~
The most common answer is that it all depends on the situation and conditions of the market and the coins we are trading. If the market is busy, trading is certainly more feasible. but if the market is quiet, then holding could be an option. 
but it depends on the crypto coins we buy too, so I think there are many factors that determine which is more profitable, trading or holding.

Offline Agbe

• Activity: 1160
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 05:55:23 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Quick Poster 1000 Posts
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2024, 10:19:19 PM »

Man..., It was funny reading this. Have you traded crypto before? From your statement, I doubt if you are actually a trader. You are giving the wrong idea about trading, mate. Trading is not a get-rich-quick scheme, nor is it a get-poor scheme. Trading doesn't make a trader a millionaire instantly; as a matter of fact, even those who claim to be professional traders still experience losses in most of their trades.

Most people who had the misconception that trading could turn them millionaires overnight got disappointed and lost their capital to no profit. Trading is risky and requires someone who is courageous, determined, patient, and consistent.
Well you might misconceptualize the irony there. Can you tell me the wrong idea from the comment? Let me give you an example. In trading the more you add money to your trading account the more profit you get and assuming you add $23,000 and use it to trade and your an expert in trading, tell me how much you can get a day if you are consistent trader? And that can make you super reach if you have the money to trade for one week. And you view my statement from small scale traders who manage to trade with 50 to 100 dollars. And that can't make you a millionaire in any time soon from the trading.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1585
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 09:56:57 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Quick Poster Poll Voter
« Reply #280 on: January 07, 2024, 12:47:10 AM »
The most common answer is that it all depends on the situation and conditions of the market and the coins we are trading. If the market is busy, trading is certainly more feasible. but if the market is quiet, then holding could be an option.

I don't think I would agree with this. Market being busy is in no way a guarantee of traders being profitable. A busy market could still fluctuate wildly and go up and down, which is something most (day)traders trip on.
If you have an active market and can identify a clear trend, then yes, taking advantage of it could be more profitable than just holding.

And sure, it all depends on what cryptos we are talking about. Holding some meme sh*t coin designed for quick pump and dump is a guaranteed loss, so trading it would be better, as at least it gives a chance for making a profit.

Online DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1104
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 10:27:44 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #281 on: January 07, 2024, 12:26:53 PM »
And sure, it all depends on what cryptos we are talking about. Holding some meme sh*t coin designed for quick pump and dump is a guaranteed loss, so trading it would be better, as at least it gives a chance for making a profit.
I agree that quick trading is the only viable option when it comes to meme coins. Like me, I don't believe in holding it for an extended period because it's too risky. It's better to take advantage of current news and trade accordingly. This way, there's a higher chance of riding the wave and making a profit. However, it still requires significant knowledge to do trading, it's not just about buying low and selling high.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Online JoyMarsha

• Activity: 812
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 11:46:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter 500 Posts
« Reply #282 on: January 09, 2024, 10:37:10 PM »
If that's the case, it can make you poor instantly because you would love to trade with a big amount before you actualize that.

I pity anyone who is trading with this kind of mindset you have. What will be their situation in months or years to come, whether they are willing to advise their family or friends to go into trading because it can make them a millionaire instantly as you thought? I do hope you are a millionaire already through trading because it would be too wrong of you to dish out this fallacy without you experiencing it before.

Offline Stable090

• Activity: 321
  • Last Active: February 03, 2024, 09:14:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Karma 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2024, 11:47:43 PM »
It is better to practice which is which. The strategy that makes you more profit is the effective one to practice. To practice the strategy will make you perfect in slowly but surely  application. To hold or trade is good in a matter of time. The right time is what matters.

What do you think?
Both trading and holding it’s not a bad practice, just do what you know that will work for you, but we should know that trading is kind of risky and requires more attention than holding, if you are trading you have to carefully monitor the market before entering which makes it risky, because any slight mistake from your analysis, then you will be losing your money in a trade, some people can’t bear the risk, and some people don’t have much time, that’s why they just prefer to hold. We know holding is kind of easy and less risky compare to trading, when holding, you shouldn’t joke with your private key, and the wallet which you will be using.

Online Salahmu

• Activity: 364
  • Last Active: Today at 10:29:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Karma Good Karma Signature
« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2024, 02:17:00 AM »
For me I still believe that holding is more better especially for those that are not too familiar with the ups and downs on trading because in as much as there are opportunities of making profits through trading that's how the risk is also higher but in times of holding your mind will not be troubled because whatever the movement of the market may seem it will surely bounce back to your normal buying point.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG