follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Binance founder Changpeng Zhao sentenced to four months in prison  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1738
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 07:00:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
Re: Binance founder Changpeng Zhao sentenced to four months in prison
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2024, 09:26:19 PM »
I wonder if Zhao had been a poor man who had no money, would the judges have sympathized with him? :'(
That is not the case here, a 'poor man' would not own a cryptocurrency exchange that will give him the opportunity to commit the financial crimes that CZ and Binance committed. CZ pleaded guilty, paid billions of $, cooperated with authorities and gave them all the info and data they need, and that is why the sentence was light, it has nothing to do with sympathy from the judges.
It seems that you did not realize my hint. I am hinting here at the role of money in the case (under the table). A man who has a lot of money can spend some money to gain the sympathy of officials and even judges.

But it's still the same, a guy like me and you wouldn't have been accused or running an unlicensed exchange, laundered billions, facilitating transfers in billions, and so on, so how would have a poor man been in this situation?
Find one homeless person that was convicted for 25 years in prison for laundering billions and I will agree with you.

Also, according to the latest news, there are negotiations with the SBF now to obtain another reduction in his prison term if he cooperates with the authorities in exposing the celebrities who promoted FTX. In addition, we saw how he spends comfortable times in prison.

This is simply not true.
https://cryptoslate.com/ftx-investors-agree-to-drop-civil-lawsuit-against-sbf-if-he-snitches-on-celebrity-promoters/

This is a civil lawsuit between FTX investors and SBF.
The prison sentence was a criminal case between the DoJ and SBF.
SBF could win every civil case anyone throws at him, it has no impact on the 25 years sentence.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2024, 09:26:19 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Online Z-tight

• Activity: 1018
  • Last Active: Today at 11:17:40 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2024, 10:13:47 PM »
Also, according to the latest news, there are negotiations with the SBF now to obtain another reduction in his prison term if he cooperates with the authorities in exposing the celebrities who promoted FTX.
No, it is a different case, sbf is going to spend 25 years in jail for certain, if he does not get a pardon sometime in the future. However, the case you refer to is between sbf and ftx investors, in which they have agreed to drop their civil case against sbf if he gives them information that will help them go after celebrities that promoted ftx, i.e. Tom Brady and Shaquille O'Neal.

These investors see better chances of making money from these celebrities, that is why they are ready to drop charges against sbf to go after them, if they get the info they want.

Offline Captain Corporate

• Activity: 1041
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 12:44:11 AM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2024, 12:33:49 AM »
The case is a "money laundering" case, which Binance already was fined 4 billion dollars for if I am not mistaken, and that seems like quite a lot. I understand that we are not going to end up with anything more than that for Binance. On top of that adding CZ what they consider something "illegal" but quite obviously just what we all do, is the reason why they want him sentenced. I do believe that they are aware that he will not see the inside of any jail or prison for a single day, that is why you could give him 4 months or 4 years or 4 decades, he is rich enough to just stay somewhere safe, and never be bothered by USA, but 4 months will definitely turn to money, its all about the money for USA, they are like the mob, who wants their cut, and if you say no, they will just throw the book at you and find something that sticks.

Online yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1806
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 09:42:31 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2024, 04:05:42 AM »
This is simply not true.
https://cryptoslate.com/ftx-investors-agree-to-drop-civil-lawsuit-against-sbf-if-he-snitches-on-celebrity-promoters/

This is a civil lawsuit between FTX investors and SBF.
The prison sentence was a criminal case between the DoJ and SBF.
SBF could win every civil case anyone throws at him, it has no impact on the 25 years sentence.
Yes, from what I understand from the article, all civil cases are different from the high-profile criminal case against Bankman-Fried, which has already ended and he was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

So what does SBF stand to gain if he agrees to snitch on celebrity promoters and FTX investors drop the civil suit against him? I mean, are these civil cases going to affect the sentence he got?

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG