follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: HODLing Altcoins  (Read 13558 times)

Offline legend45

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1855
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 02:29:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: HODLing Altcoins
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2024, 04:24:02 PM »

Solana has pumped very well, but it has a bad news lately. be careful to buy Solana!

What bad news do you mean?  Source?
And do you think this Bad news will significantly impact the price?
Sorry, I don't follow news about Solana very well. I would appreciate it if you could explain further.
And I think this information may be helpful for all members.

I heard Solana shut down their network. This is what makes bad rumors. but in my opinion Solana is a good coin, and still worth holding until bullish next year. Solana is now very popular, although not as popular as ethereum and BNB

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2024, 04:24:02 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Power420

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1311
  • Last Active: Today at 09:04:42 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster 1000 Posts Poll Starter
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2024, 04:53:04 PM »
Altcoins are very risky to hold but Ethereum and BNB are comparatively less risky. So if you want to hold for a long time then you definitely can. Now is the best time to hold because the halving is in April 2024, so in the year after the halving, the price of Bitcoin and other Altcoins will increase the most. So investing now will definitely reap the benefits, so invest fast.

Offline Litzki1990

• Activity: 934
  • Last Active: Today at 11:20:02 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    500 Posts Topic Starter Karma Good
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2024, 05:11:04 PM »
Altcoins are very risky to hold but Ethereum and BNB are comparatively less risky. So if you want to hold for a long time then you definitely can. Now is the best time to hold because the halving is in April 2024, so in the year after the halving, the price of Bitcoin and other Altcoins will increase the most. So investing now will definitely reap the benefits, so invest fast.
It is better not to rely too much on most of the ALT coins in the market because over-reliance on these coins can cause you to lose money. However, although not all coins can be trusted, there are some coins in the market that can be trusted and can be invested in for a long time. You mentioned two of the best coins here where you tried to discuss BNB and Ethereum.  These two coins are quite strong and investing in these two coins is much less risky. As there is relatively less risk involved in investing in these coins, those who are interested in investing in ALT coins can invest in these two coins for long term.

Offline koang

• Activity: 649
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 10:13:50 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Topic Starter 500 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2024, 07:53:25 PM »
~ ~ ~
I heard Solana shut down their network. This is what makes bad rumors. but in my opinion Solana is a good coin, and still worth holding until bullish next year. Solana is now very popular, although not as popular as ethereum and BNB

Hmm... This is not the first time the Solana blockchain has faced a network outage or downtime in block production.
Solana developers offer a scalable solution with faster transaction processing times and lower gas fees than Ethereum, but network-related issues persist.
Shut down and restart the network. They blew up the Mainnet many times. This is not good.

Thanks for sharing...

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: Today at 09:57:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2024, 06:07:16 PM »
Hmm... This is not the first time the Solana blockchain has faced a network outage or downtime in block production.
Solana developers offer a scalable solution with faster transaction processing times and lower gas fees than Ethereum, but network-related issues persist.
Shut down and restart the network. They blew up the Mainnet many times. This is not good.

Thanks for sharing...
Maybe Solana developers should start considering making the network always online so that there are no complaints about existing transactions. I think the simple or easy way is to use two of servers, when server one goes down you still have another one server that is functioning even though the performance is not as fast as when use both of servers simultaneously.

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2080
  • Get Hot Mining Hot for free on Telegram
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: May 18, 2024, 10:36:21 AM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Poll Starter Karma Bad
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2024, 08:20:59 PM »

• How do you know an altcoin will be good for HODLing?

Knowing an altcoin that will be good to hold is simple, it is just the same way you know that holding Ethereum and Solana is good, one major way to score a coin and qualify it for holding is in utility.
For utility is what tells if a coins will go far or die along the way in no distant time. Ethereum is good to hold because it has good utility, same also with solana, and some other major  altcoins as well.
So, to choose a coin that will be good for holding, it is important to take a look at it's utility, or potential utility, and also check the team behind the project and be sure that they are very serious in developing the project, whch means that,  it's not something they may likely abadon half way.

• How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
Well, not all altcoins are meant to hold for long, but for the serious ones I find, I can hold an altcoin for as long as five years or even more, this completely depends on the team behind the project, their seriousness, dedication and commitment to the success of the project, and also the utility of the altcoin.

And one major altcoin I currently hold is Chainge (XCHNG),  a very good and highly promising project.
...HOT.app......Because.It's.Gonna.Be HUGE......Mine.HOT on Telegram...

Offline EthereumDev_

• Activity: 1049
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 08:40:00 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2024, 05:07:36 PM »
It is better not to rely too much on most of the ALT coins in the market because over-reliance on these coins can cause you to lose money. However, although not all coins can be trusted, there are some coins in the market that can be trusted and can be invested in for a long time. You mentioned two of the best coins here where you tried to discuss BNB and Ethereum.  These two coins are quite strong and investing in these two coins is much less risky. As there is relatively less risk involved in investing in these coins, those who are interested in investing in ALT coins can invest in these two coins for long term.
Altcoins do have a very high risk and as you said, it is not good to use all capital only for altcoins. It is better to divide some capital into altcoins and the other part into the main coin, namely Bitcoin, Altcoins such as BNB and Ethereum are only used to grow If you own Bitcoin, you can get quite a lot of profit.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2024, 05:07:36 PM »

Offline Gideon99

• Activity: 163
  • Last Active: April 14, 2024, 11:16:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    100 Posts 50 Posts Avatar
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2024, 12:39:32 AM »
We all are aware of the higher risk involved in trading than HODLing and it has always been advisable to HODL rather than trade especially to Beginners. Just few days after new year this happened :Market dip hit crypto traders with over $650 million in long liquidations last week. This gives more reasons to avoid trading especially for beginners, since traders may usually fall into pump and dump Schemes and trading especially when trading Altcoins. Its advisable to HODL but the reason I made this post is about from the fact that, we know the surety of HODLing bitcoin, it can be HODL for over a decade but this is not true for most altcoins. Though I have 2 altcoins I can advice anyone to HODL which are Solona and Ethereum while I may have surety of HODLing altcoins for at most 2 years maybe with an exception of Ethereum which I may HODL longer.
I know there are other altcoins worth HODLing but I guess my knowledge is quite vague about investing and HODLing altcoins and so I will like to ask the questions.
  • How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
To know sn altcoin that will pumb  first check it crypto community and the market analysis to determine the altcoin,most coin fail to pumb because of it weak community and user. However Ethereum is a good coin to invest on no doubt seeing the market analysis and research done by me Ethereum will pumb more X6 in the next 3 to 4 years.

Offline Google+

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1405
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 07:03:41 AM
    • View Profile

too active, 25 Posts in one day Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2024, 01:02:37 PM »
To know sn altcoin that will pumb  first check it crypto community and the market analysis to determine the altcoin,most coin fail to pumb because of it weak community and user. However Ethereum is a good coin to invest on no doubt seeing the market analysis and research done by me Ethereum will pumb more X6 in the next 3 to 4 years.
Ethereum is a very legendary coin and it seems that it doesn't need a large community to make the price of Ethereum rise because too many people already know about Ethereum and it is very easy to increase the price. If you say in the next 3 to 4 years I doubt that because usually during the 3 years after the halving there will be a bearish situation which makes many Cryptocurrency prices collapse.

Offline therozaq

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2639
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: April 04, 2024, 06:48:55 AM
    • View Profile

too active, 25 Posts in one day 2500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2024, 02:14:42 PM »
Ethereum is a very legendary coin and it seems that it doesn't need a large community to make the price of Ethereum rise because too many people already know about Ethereum and it is very easy to increase the price. If you say in the next 3 to 4 years I doubt that because usually during the 3 years after the halving there will be a bearish situation which makes many Cryptocurrency prices collapse.

Bullishness and bearishness will always occur during a 4 year cycle, we will see bullishness and after that we will see long bearishness for almost 3 years. all crypto lovers definitely know about this. Ethereum will always follow Bitcoin's rise. So ethereum is also one of the coins that is safe to hold.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Online bitbit97

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4043
  • Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 04:59:12 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2024, 03:21:42 PM »

Bullishness and bearishness will always occur during a 4 year cycle, we will see bullishness and after that we will see long bearishness for almost 3 years. all crypto lovers definitely know about this. Ethereum will always follow Bitcoin's rise. So ethereum is also one of the coins that is safe to hold.

Imho 4-year-cycles not always work with altcoins. One of the reasons is that they arent as stable as Bitcoin. Projects tend to end, trend tend to change, demand tend to decrease. For example take a look on major altcoins, their ATH and change during 4 last years. While Bitcoin seems to crawl back to ATH and it has almost 1.5 years to show changes during that 4-year-cycle, many of the altcoins seems to be still on the bottom. Many are still in -40-60% loss from their ATH. And when BTC starts correction or bear season starts, altcoins will follow that downtrend. With I am trying to say, that those who are holding altcoins must be very cautious with the choice they make. Because in 4 years, the price you have bought, might not be reached. From holders you might turn into "marrying your altcoins".
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1195
  • Last Active: Today at 10:20:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2024, 05:07:20 PM »
ETH is the second coin after bitcoin that is worth investing in, this is a good option for those of us who want to invest in something other than bitcoin. In fact, many people and I think we all agree here to make ETH the one we hold.

Of course, predicting the time range is not an easy thing, but we can see from records over the past few years. The market will also fall again as you said, but for the time being it probably won't happen in the near future.

Offline therozaq

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2639
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: April 04, 2024, 06:48:55 AM
    • View Profile

too active, 25 Posts in one day 2500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2024, 07:17:22 AM »

Imho 4-year-cycles not always work with altcoins. One of the reasons is that they arent as stable as Bitcoin. Projects tend to end, trend tend to change, demand tend to decrease. For example take a look on major altcoins, their ATH and change during 4 last years. While Bitcoin seems to crawl back to ATH and it has almost 1.5 years to show changes during that 4-year-cycle, many of the altcoins seems to be still on the bottom. Many are still in -40-60% loss from their ATH. And when BTC starts correction or bear season starts, altcoins will follow that downtrend. With I am trying to say, that those who are holding altcoins must be very cautious with the choice they make. Because in 4 years, the price you have bought, might not be reached. From holders you might turn into "marrying your altcoins".

like my previous comment, I only recommend buying bitcoin and ethereum, for a 4 year cycle. because ethereum will follow the performance of bitcoin, I did not mention other altcoins. because the safest ones are bitcoin and ethereum to hold for a long period of time,
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Online bitbit97

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4043
  • Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 04:59:12 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2024, 11:05:33 AM »

like my previous comment, I only recommend buying bitcoin and ethereum, for a 4 year cycle. because ethereum will follow the performance of bitcoin, I did not mention other altcoins. because the safest ones are bitcoin and ethereum to hold for a long period of time,

Sorry if my post was misleading and somehow makes other stumble at your recommendation. The idea of my post was to remind buyers to be very cautious with buying altcoins. Despite Ethereum, I would say that very few follow Bitcoin results. Many are still on the bottom regarding their previous ATH and not even close to updating it. Nor 4-year-cycle can be used to altcoins. That 4-year-cycle can be applied to altcoins at all. This is only bitcoins and halving feature.

From my experience, all the altcoins that I hold are either a very long term investment (frankly I am just waiting for price to reach my buying price and I would sell them), or projects that wont recover because trend and demand have changed. Long story short - my BTC holdings value grow, my altcoins portolio value went down.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Jamal Aezaz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1606
  • Last Active: May 18, 2024, 07:49:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Quick Poster Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2024, 07:51:25 PM »

Every altcoin is not suitable for long term holding so only hold those altcoins who exists in top 10 position. New coins are also good but they are not suitable for long term holding but instead you can choose them for short term and if you find it advantages and dump then sell it because news coins are difficult to trust.

You can hold top altcoins from bear to Bull season so buy at dip and sell when Bull run initiates. If you are choosing any coin then keep your eyes on its market cap as it will helps you to avoid unnecessary or scam project and hold the top coins as well as new coins with good team member and useful goals.
    ░░░░░░█████████
    ░░░░░░█████████
    MIXERO.IO
    ████
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██