follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: We need mention/notifications bot!!! Please!  (Read 3562 times)

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1503
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: Today at 12:14:16 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
We need mention/notifications bot!!! Please!
« on: November 29, 2020, 08:11:17 PM »
I want to apply to members who are able to do such Notification Bot for help in creating such bot.

I know we have many members from Bitcointalk here, so maybe already there is somebody who have such bot?
I will be happy to provide any help I can to make it happen and for sure there will be more members willing to help.
And that is why I open this thread, let's team up together and make this happen Altcoinstalks members!!!

It's so great tool, every member who used it on other forums will age with me here for sure.
You will know every time somebody quote, mention you or any other activity which other ways we are missing because we don't know about it.
It's so easy to find everything you are involved in and additionally such tool will greatly impact interactions between members in a very positive way.

Please share your thoughts and tell me how to make it happen?
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

We need mention/notifications bot!!! Please!
« on: November 29, 2020, 08:11:17 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
Re: We need mention/notifications bot!!! Please!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 11:30:01 PM »
I've de-capitalized you're title as you're post isn't in the form court. Nice to see you back, hope you stick around too  :)

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3437
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 07:16:50 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 04:07:05 AM »
I remember bringing something like this way back. I bet only a few people would use that feature as most guys here don't read responses to their comments. That sounds harsh but that's just the simple truth  ;D

Anyway, telegram bot with just quote/mention notification would be great. Lemme see if I can convince someone to do another one for this forum.

Offline Master107

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3732
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: January 21, 2024, 01:34:58 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 06:58:34 AM »
From the bottom of my heart. Welcome back!! ;D ;D
I admit often missed to get back to my thread because I did not hit the notification button which could help me to watch and keep updated.
Mention/notification bot will keep us in touch and could not missed someone mentioning us for immediate response or important matter.

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 08:31:14 AM »
Anyway, telegram bot with just quote/mention notification would be great. Lemme see if I can convince someone to do another one for this forum.

Good idea, I also considered some sort of data scraping tool, as is done elsewhere, but have no idea how to implement.
For example a way to scoop data from 500 & 1000 post badges to uncover the number of heroes and legends.
The person who knows how to write a bot, would also knows these things I imagine...

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Your Privacy Matters
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 08:25:29 PM »
Good idea, I also considered some sort of data scraping tool, as is done elsewhere, but have no idea how to implement...

Exactly what I'm talking about, let's keep the discussion rolling and maybe we will find a way or somebody willing to do this.

Like I said I will be happy to help, if more resources will be needed we can think about to start donations for this purpose.

I think all members who frequently use forums agree with me that such bot helps a lot to find everything related to yourself and for sure positively impact communication on the forum.

Offline yemight62

• Activity: 110
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: July 22, 2022, 03:14:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 04:31:44 PM »
I think we're thinking towards the same direction. The absence of notification bot has not been helpful as their is communication gap between users.  I'm willing to help create this and ready to render support in anyway I can.
XSL Labs   ◉  SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA  ◉
▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.xsl-labs.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 04:31:44 PM »

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Your Privacy Matters
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 08:43:26 PM »
...I'm willing to help create this and ready to render support in anyway I can.

+1

If we will find more members willing to support this, I am sure we will be able to make it happen, please share your thoughts and support Notification Bot.

It's really great tool and once you use it, you will never stop using it, makes your living on forum so much easier.

With one click we know everything what needs our attention, all quotes, mentions, and this is only the beginning.

Good bots are able to provide info on watched threads, members, posts, boards and so much more, of course, even the simplest one would be enough for start.

I will be happy to help in the creation process, of course with simple tasks I can handle but even if I will need to learn something I will do it to make it happen.

Please share your thoughts how we can push this forward?

Offline iloveyobit

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1490
  • Last Active: January 29, 2023, 06:55:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Third year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 01:26:47 PM »
I remember bringing something like this way back. I bet only a few people would use that feature as most guys here don't read responses to their comments. That sounds harsh but that's just the simple truth  ;D

can be true but in same time there is still members who care about looking for their posts replies like me and i would love to have a notification feature to help me with this matter .

Offline dragonvslinux

• Activity: 809
  • ALTS Hodler ✅
  • Last Active: November 21, 2021, 08:26:56 AM
    • View Profile

10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 01:36:14 PM »

can be true but in same time there is still members who care about looking for their posts replies like me and i would love to have a notification feature to help me with this matter .

For replies to your posts, if this is what you mean, then you can find them here: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies
If you're missing this link at the top of your page, then please report here: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=181658.0
🎯 Join the Clone Clan today ⭐ Join the  5th largest gang on AltcoinsTalks 💪

➡️ Click here to sign up ⬅️
✅ Be accountable as a multi-account
❌ Karma issuance is revoked

Offline iloveyobit

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1490
  • Last Active: January 29, 2023, 06:55:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Third year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 08:37:40 PM »

For replies to your posts, if this is what you mean, then you can find them here: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies
If you're missing this link at the top of your page, then please report here: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=181658.0

no i do have this feature already so thanks for the link , what i meant is that i would love to have a notification one a member quote me , you got the idea ??

Offline dragonvslinux

• Activity: 809
  • ALTS Hodler ✅
  • Last Active: November 21, 2021, 08:26:56 AM
    • View Profile

10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 12:37:33 AM »

no i do have this feature already so thanks for the link , what i meant is that i would love to have a notification one a member quote me , you got the idea ??

Yeh I hear you. I also think users could use hashtags a little more as well, though I realise it's not as reliable as knowing when someone has quoted or referenced you. I realise this wouldn't eally work, though my #hair hashtag did appear to. I've also had hashtags banned by admin  :'( But what do I know, I'm just a clone.
🎯 Join the Clone Clan today ⭐ Join the  5th largest gang on AltcoinsTalks 💪

➡️ Click here to sign up ⬅️
✅ Be accountable as a multi-account
❌ Karma issuance is revoked

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Your Privacy Matters
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 11:06:19 PM »

+1

Thanks for this tip, I totally forgot about it and what is more important I am blind and haven't seen it for so long , hard to believe but this is not the first time something like this happening to me  8)

It will make my live on the forum much easier for sure.

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Your Privacy Matters
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2024, 06:48:28 AM »
Sorry to comment in such old threads of mine but I still haven't seen any notification bot here on forum

I have seen discussion started by Admin in this thread: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=314545.0

members discuss there a possibility of an notification bot so i thought maybe it will be worth to merge these topics together

Notification bot as the once we use on Bitcointalk makes the live on forum so much easier, we all know that.

I will be happy to help to build such bot, let's talk maybe we can figure out something together, there are many info shared by TryNinja in Bitcointalk forum and Github, maybe we can use it also here on Altcoinstalk with few adjustments?

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG