follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Is crypto community ready for "post-quantum cryptography" era?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 16046
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: May 21, 2024, 10:50:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
Is crypto community ready for "post-quantum cryptography" era?
« on: December 07, 2020, 04:43:34 PM »
"This achievement firmly established our country’s leading position in international quantum computing research," a team of researchers in China said in a statement alongside a paper published in the journal Science on Thursday, outlining how their Jiuzhang prototype quantum computer took just over three minutes to complete a task the world’s fastest traditional computer would take more than 600 million years solve—almost 100tn times faster than today's supercomputers.

"Quantum computers are posing a serious challenge to the security of the bitcoin blockchain," wrote blockchain and cryptography researchers at the consultancy Deloitte. "Quantum computers might eventually become so fast that they will undermine the bitcoin transaction process. In this case the security of the bitcoin blockchain will be fundamentally broken."

Despite the developments achieved by China and Google, this doomsday scenario is still some distance away, with Deloitte's team suggesting the risk of quantum computers to bitcoin could be offset by a "transition to a new type of cryptography called ‘post-quantum cryptography’, which is considered to be inherently resistant to quantum attacks."

Article: Forget Google—Could China Be About To Destroy Bitcoin?

According to the article, China's quantum computing is the biggest threat to Bitcoin as well as the entire crypto world. Until now, we still believe in the almost absolute security of blockchain because in order to hack blockchain, a hacker needs a computer system with at least the power of the whole blockchain and this is impractical with current technology. However, quantum superiority will completely change our conception.
Of course, the Chinese government will not only use quantum computers to mine and take all the block rewards of Bitcoin, but they can attack and manipulate the entire Bitcoin blockchain by that machine. The same can be said for other blockchains, regardless of POW or POS. So the crypto/blockchain revolution will completely fail.
Our hope at this point is: maybe that supercomputer is just a rumor and can't really put it into use, or the entire crypto community needs some effective technology to avoid the attack from future quantum computers. Compromising with governments is not what I suggest.

There used to be a few crypto projects related to this problem, but now I no longer hear about their development or product to contribute to a blockchain 3.0 capable of fighting quantum supremacy. The leader of the Altcoins world -  Ethereum, is still at phase 0 of ETH2.0. And it doesn't seem like we are ready for this era.

Do you believe that quantum superiority really exists? And what can we do to protect blockchains and the crypto world?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:38:02 PM by MrSpasybo »
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Is crypto community ready for "post-quantum cryptography" era?
« on: December 07, 2020, 04:43:34 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2965
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 12:23:17 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
Re: Is crypto community ready for "post-quantum cryptography" era?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 11:30:36 PM »
I do not have much confidence in the existence of a quantum computer at the moment, especially since that information comes from China. If that happens, I believe the power of the crypto community will help find an effective solution to protect blockchains from the interference or attacks of quantum computers.
At present, we have many alternatives such as: the quantum resistant ledger, increasing the complexity of the cryptography. And the crypto community is not alone, countries will also be forced to develop an anti-quantum solution to protect their data. And when a solution is verified, I believe it will also apply to blockchain.

Offline Alcor

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2464
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: January 23, 2024, 03:10:54 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 07:47:48 AM »
In my country, the media reported a few days ago that a quantum computer had already been created in China.  This puzzled me a little.  Despite the vigorous statements that the invention of quantum computers is still far away and that the world will certainly come up with something to counter the new capabilities of these computers, the situation is really getting more complicated.  So far, I see that this problem is one of the biggest threats to the existence of cryptocurrency.

.FX..BOX.

▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
███                                    ███
███                          ▄██▄      ███
███                         ▄█████▄    ███
███   ▄▄                   ▄████████▄  ███
███  ▄███▄                █████▀██████▄███
███ ███████▄             █████▀  ▀████████
█████████████▄         ▄█████      ▀██████
███████▀▀██████▄      ▄█████         ▀████
██████    ▀██████▄   ██████            ▀██
█████       ▀██████▄██████             ▄
███▀          ▀██████████              ██▄
██▀             ▀▀█████▀               ███
█▀                 ▀██▀                ███
▀ ▄                  ▀                 ███
▄██                                    ███
▀████████████████████████████████████████▀

INVESTING, TRADING,
LOTTERY, MARKET
PREDICTIONS.

▄▄███
        ▄▄▄██▀████
  ▄▄▄█████▀ ▄█████
▀█████▀▀ ▄███████
       ▄█████████
       ██▀██████
       ▀    ▀▀█▀

██▀▀█▄       ▄█▀
 ▀█▄ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█▄█▀
     ▀█  █▄
    ▄█▀█▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀       ▀█▄▄██

GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
CURRENCY TRADING  ◼  DEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  GAMEFI
               │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

.FOREX..TRADING FROM $1.

.READ MORE.

Offline masterrex

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1737
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 22, 2023, 03:40:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 08:06:19 AM »
IMHO, I believe that quantum computing capability is a serious threat to Bitcoin and the existence of cryptocurrencies, and I'm already aware of it, But in that report that Chinese scientist has already achieved the quantum computing supremacy, I doubt it because it's too early to say that even in the Google's researched they admit that it's too complicated for now because of a missing" Ingredient" what I believe was its only a propaganda but not existed in reality.

Offline Senin

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1762
  • Last Active: February 27, 2024, 12:23:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 04:37:32 PM »
IMHO, I believe that quantum computing capability is a serious threat to Bitcoin and the existence of cryptocurrencies, and I'm already aware of it, But in that report that Chinese scientist has already achieved the quantum computing supremacy, I doubt it because it's too early to say that even in the Google's researched they admit that it's too complicated for now because of a missing" Ingredient" what I believe was its only a propaganda but not existed in reality.
I think that the real success in the creation of quantum computers will not be widely disseminated.  Moreover, in the first place they will fall into the hands of criminals.  Therefore, the fact that they were created and their good computing capabilities, most likely, we will find out when they massively hack our wallets with cryptocurrency.  It will be good if I'm wrong.  However, the incoming information about the success with their development makes you think a lot.

Offline Master107

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3732
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: January 21, 2024, 01:34:58 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »
When I opened the link provided this is what it shows

Maybe you put the wrong link because I checked it twice and plus 2 to make sure what is the content.

To OP's post.

Well every year crypto is always facing difficulties besides government, hacked issues, fud, and now quantum computer.

If this computer is a serious threat to destroy or could kill cryptocurrency. Then we are at missed. However, change might happen as long as the days are passing. Crypto can manage to overcome that quantum computer threat. This is a game of intellectual digital aspect. How crypto can overcome? I don't know for now but pretty sure there is a solution.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:20:50 PM by Master107 »

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 16046
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: May 21, 2024, 10:50:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 05:41:36 PM »
Maybe you put the wrong link because I checked it twice and plus 2 to make sure what is the content.

To OP's post.

Well every year crypto is always facing difficulties besides government, hacked issues, fud, and now quantum computer.

If this computer is a serious threat to destroy or could kill cryptocurrency. Then we are at missed. However, change might happen as long as the days are passing. Crypto can manage to overcome that quantum computer threat. This is a game of intellectual digital aspect. How crypto can overcome? I don't know for now but pretty sure there is a solution.
Thank you +1, my error, I copied wrong link. I corrected it, you can refer to the article :)
I refer to many solutions but the fact is that because we don't have a real quantum computer, it is difficult to test the effectiveness of those solutions.
For now we can only hope that the entire crypto community will find some viable solution in case the quantum computer is truly complete.
██████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 05:41:36 PM »

Offline Master107

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »

To OP's post.

Thank you +1, my error, I copied wrong link. I corrected it, you can refer to the article :)
I refer to many solutions but the fact is that because we don't have a real quantum computer, it is difficult to test the effectiveness of those solutions.
For now we can only hope that the entire crypto community will find some viable solution in case the quantum computer is truly complete.

My pleasure.  ;D

Well, for now let as enjoy our freedom in cryptocurrency while the real threat is not yet to come.

When the actual scenario between quantum computer and cryptocurrency happens. I think some blockchains are 50% ready to face the obstacles. This is just my theories. Hahaha

Will visit the article now.
Thanks

Offline Master107

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 06:18:15 PM »
Do you believe that quantum superiority really exists?

According to the article quantum computer is superior
China's development as further evidence that quantum computer research is accelerating and could soon have real-world ramifications.

And what can we do to protect blockchains and the crypto world?

If this is the ability of quantum computer, I think we cannot protect crypto world.
quantum computer took just over three minutes to complete a task the world’s fastest traditional computer would take more than 600 million years solve—almost 100tn times faster than today's supercomputers.

This statement will calm our worries.

Don't dump your bitcoins yet," Dragos Ilie, a quantum computing and encryption researcher at Imperial College London, said in the aftermath of Google's quantum computer announcement last year.

China may have taken a "leading position in international quantum computing research" but bitcoin is still safe—for now.

bitcoin is  safe for now.

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4264
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 03:01:30 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Quick Poster 50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 09:31:10 AM »
I would believe the existence of quantum computers when they are already at use and has already put a screeching halt to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. I am sure that by the time this can happen we are already far advanced that an antidote for the challenge has already been set up. Anyway, it is exciting to see the race for the development of super computers and with China so eager to show to the world that they are already at the top and other countries not easily willing to give that recognition.

Offline Paglamon

• Possible Cheater
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 1551
  • Last Active: March 02, 2024, 07:11:37 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 12:12:38 PM »
If so, the biggest threat to cryptocurrency. However, I learned in a statement that China had invented a quantum computer. Which will accomplish much more successfully. But since then I have not heard any updated news. Something good must be done to avoid the threat to cryptocurrency.

Offline Lenipiw

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1387
  • BITGAME - Blockchain Betting Platform
  • Last Active: October 27, 2021, 08:10:33 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 03:33:54 PM »
This day was published long ago. Re-published at the present time. I know that china made a quantum computer. Time is a threat to cryptocurrency. But it should be resolved with a decision very soon.

Offline Andruha1993

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1303
  • Last Active: October 27, 2021, 09:45:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 07:13:34 AM »
This day was published long ago. Re-published at the present time. I know that china made a quantum computer. Time is a threat to cryptocurrency. But it should be resolved with a decision very soon.
I haven't heard of that at all. But if this is really so, then I think everything will still be fine. It seems to me that the era of cryptocurrency will not end, but on the contrary, it will develop even further.
█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
TECH WP
COMMERCIAL WP
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Offline robert20

• Activity: 528
  • Futurov
  • Last Active: August 22, 2021, 01:46:47 PM
    • View Profile

10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2020, 07:37:24 AM »
Quantum computer has much progress to make. There are some quantum computers that are capable of working. But they have very little power. To make the real quantum computer is still needs many years.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Offline masterrex

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1737
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 22, 2023, 03:40:39 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »
I think that the real success in the creation of quantum computers will not be widely disseminated.  Moreover, in the first place they will fall into the hands of criminals.  Therefore, the fact that they were created and their good computing capabilities, most likely, we will find out when they massively hack our wallets with cryptocurrency.  It will be good if I'm wrong.  However, the incoming information about the success with their development makes you think a lot.

Mate, Dont just easily believe in a piece of paper! Just remember that we are living in the era of global superpower competition, with lots of propaganda have surfaced in most area, like defense, Space, and breakthrough, etc. How could we believe if they dont have shown it to the public for me the "quantum supremacy" is a complex idea that needs to understand more in order to bring it into reality. thats why I dont believe it for now! Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will stay in the race for sure.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG