follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: MetaMask Browser Extension Pulled From Google Chrome Store for 5 Hours  (Read 1457 times)

Offline nhanhuutam

• Activity: 699
  • Welcome to Altcoinstalks.com
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 21
  • Last Active: August 21, 2022, 11:11:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary

MetaMask, a browser extension for interacting with the Ethereum network, was pulled from the Google Chrome Web Store, it announced in a tweet Wednesday, July 25. The app has since been listed again, the company confirmed in a post five hours later.

MetaMask is one of the oldest and widely used decentralized apps (DApps) on the Ethereum network, serving as an important gateway for the network’s users.

According to MetaMask’s official Twitter account, the company is “unsure” of the reasons for Google Chrome’s decision to temporarily delist its extension from the store:

“PSA: MetaMask has been delisted from the Chrome Web Store. We are unsure of why this is the case and we will update everyone as we get more information. All other browsers are unaffected.”

The company stated that users who already have the extension installed on their Chrome browsers “should be unaffected” in the short term, but new installs would be unavailable for some time.

While the app was delisted, Augur, an Ethereum-based prediction market protocol, tweeted a warning to its users to not download the MetaMask extension that was actually present in Google Chrome’s store, as it was a fake, phishing application.

Following the app’s reappearance in Chrome’s store, MetaMask urged its followers to stay tuned for a “formal retrospective” of the event:

“PSA2: We are back on the chrome webstore. Stay tuned for a formal retrospective from the team.”

Source :
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:59:14 AM by nhanhuutam »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Online sirty143

• Mythical
  • Activity: 8598
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 19
  • Last Active: Today at 11:51:33 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: MetaMask Browser Extension Pulled From Google Chrome Store for 5 Hours
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 09:27:47 AM »
Yes, I've read this news too. Is there any update about this chrome extension? I was searching the net but so far I can't find any update and/or fresh news about it. I like the extension as it's easy to use and I can manage multiple wallets through it.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG