follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: What to do if you are banned ?  (Read 9788 times)

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2029
  • dev@
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: Today at 10:51:36 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: What to do if you are banned ?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 05:10:27 PM »
in case of a hack we check the database, we have backups done frequently, thus we check the email if it was changed.
if email is hacked as well, we can't help you.
At your service.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 05:10:27 PM »

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Offline chipr

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 22
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: July 27, 2018, 06:03:37 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Poll Voter 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 04:32:16 AM »
I see a lot of posts there from people banned literally for nothing and nobody responds to their emails even if they paid for a special "unbanme" bitcoin address. We have to learn from their mistakes.

I have slightly different case and was wondering if I ought to send PM to a judge for impartial decision/answer on why an action was taken against my account, right after I reported a user who plagiarized a post of mine, verbatim (word for word exactly)... it was right on the next page of the thread and impossible to miss if reading up on a followed thread.

Shocking to me as that was, I searched through their posts (only a few of them) and found again another post that was copied entirely from a crypto news blog.
Two additional posts also used verbatim, copied sentences for main part of post,
without quotes and citing the source; which lends credibility and backs up with research what one is posting rather than leaving it as if it is your own writing which leaves a negative connotation.

No action was taken against reported user's account, when it states this is a blatant violation of the rules for which one can even be banned or will be in the case of stealing other member's works/writing, etc. and presenting as their own.

It's been several days now. Nepotism comes to mind here, although that is not an accusation or FUD... goes against your rules which are very deliberate regarding this topic.

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2029
  • dev@
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: Today at 10:51:36 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
I see a lot of posts there from people banned literally for nothing and nobody responds to their emails even if they paid for a special "unbanme" bitcoin address. We have to learn from their mistakes.

I have slightly different case and was wondering if I ought to send PM to a judge for impartial decision/answer on why an action was taken against my account, right after I reported a user who plagiarized a post of mine, verbatim (word for word exactly)... it was right on the next page of the thread and impossible to miss if reading up on a followed thread.

Shocking to me as that was, I searched through their posts (only a few of them) and found again another post that was copied entirely from a crypto news blog.
Two additional posts also used verbatim, copied sentences for main part of post,
without quotes and citing the source; which lends credibility and backs up with research what one is posting rather than leaving it as if it is your own writing which leaves a negative connotation.

No action was taken against reported user's account, when it states this is a blatant violation of the rules for which one can even be banned or will be in the case of stealing other member's works/writing, etc. and presenting as their own.

It's been several days now. Nepotism comes to mind here, although that is not an accusation or FUD... goes against your rules which are very deliberate regarding this topic.

take the human approach,
write a reply saying that this is a copy of your post / blog
put a link
and require attribution
if user does not comply give a negative karma.

I do not know why people are always looking for escalations and drastic penalties ...
please try to have a friendly approach to things.
At your service.

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1499
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: March 28, 2024, 11:17:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 12:45:39 PM »

Would you explain what you mean when you say that "an action was taken against my account"?

What action? somebody gives you negative karma or you talking about this plagiat?

Plagiarism is not against the AltcoinsTalks rules.

We encourage members to put links to sources or descriptions and try to have a friendly approach to things on this forum.

Just send him a PM like Admin said and you have always negative karma to punish such a member by yourself.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline cryptothief

• Activity: 619
  • Last Active: April 29, 2020, 07:07:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2018, 09:40:01 PM »

I'm actually disappointed that plagiarism is not against the rules on the forum (I thought it was?), as I genuinely believe that this lowers it's reputation. All someone would need to do is go to any thread and start copy pasting, building up a huge amount of (more than likely) useless posts in the process. Why would the forum admin (presumably) pull someone up on the quality of a post, but not pull someone up for copying another's 'work', it seems counter-intuitive. At the very least, quoting sources should be obligatory, and action taken if not. I realise this element creates extra pressure on the admins/moderators to maintain it, but it would (in my humble opinion) be worth it.
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▄▄██▄▄██████▄
██████████████████▀████▀████████
████████████████▄█▀██████▀████████
███████████████▀▀█▄██████▄█████████
██████████████▄█████▄████▄██████████
████████████████████▀▀██▀▀███████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Smarter
Than Crypto
||ANN
BOUNTY
Medium
Reddit
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
WEB

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1499
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: March 28, 2024, 11:17:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
I'm actually disappointed that plagiarism is not against the rules on the forum (I thought it was?), as I genuinely believe that this lowers it's reputation. All someone would need to do is go to any thread and start copy pasting, building up a huge amount of (more than likely) useless posts in the process. Why would the forum admin (presumably) pull someone up on the quality of a post, but not pull someone up for copying another's 'work', it seems counter-intuitive. At the very least, quoting sources should be obligatory, and action taken if not. I realise this element creates extra pressure on the admins/moderators to maintain it, but it would (in my humble opinion) be worth it.

There are new rules about plagiarism but still if you do this then there is no ban penalty for this violation.

If this is your content you can reach to this member and ask to add source links or delete. If he still refuses then you can reach the forum staff for help.
When you found plagiated content but you are not the owner then you can contact the author and let him know about this. Only then he can ask for help with plagiarism.

I am not a fan of this rules too but there are other priorities for the forum right now and I believe our Admin decisions fully despite I don't agree with.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:06:56 AM by EmoneyABC »
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Tutte

• Activity: 61
  • Last Active: October 16, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2020, 03:58:12 PM »

completely agree with you, i think plagiarism should not be condone especially when copying and pasting someone else content and making it yours, if you copy someone post to cite and example and put it in quotation mark this is different from copying post to make post count, this will only encourage more members to plagiarize all over the forum, that is why the local board are available to those who find it difficult to converse in English.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2020, 03:58:12 PM »

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG