follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Craig Wright Should Pay Plaintiffs' Legal Bill After Found Posing as Satoshi...  (Read 960 times)

Offline ABCbits

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1848
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: July 26, 2024, 12:11:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster Search Poll Voter
Craig Wright Should Pay Plaintiffs' Legal Bill After Found Posing as Satoshi, COPA Says

The Crypto Open Patent Alliance's (COPA) legal representatives on Friday asked Judge James Mellor to grant that Craig Wright pay 85% of the costs the group incurred in the legal proceedings.

COPA took Wright to a U.K. court in February to find out, once and for all, if he was the pseudonymous creator of bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto, after Wright had taken members of the crypto community to court over the years under the premise that he was Nakamoto. The English court ruled in COPA's favor in March that Wright was not the creator of bitcoin and that he did not author the bitcoin whitepaper... Read more here.

So it's not over yet, even though the court already release the judgement document on https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/COPA-v-Wright-Judgment.pdf. The news doesn't state detailed reason why COPA only ask for 85% of legal cost, when IMO they should ask for at least 100% along with money they could earn by doing their other job. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Online TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4565
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 05:40:49 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Sixth year Anniversary Quick Poster 50 Poll Votes
The news doesn't state detailed reason why COPA only ask for 85% of legal cost, when IMO they should ask for at least 100% along with money they could earn by doing their other job. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Well, at least COPA must be feeling magnanimous in victory that is why it is not actually asking for 100% coverage of the cost they court for the legal proceeding that put, once and for all, the question on the claim of Craig Wright to be so wrong. Now, that he is not WRIGHT and proven really WRONG, he should pay and must stop claiming to anyone that he is the real Satoshi Nakamoto. I am hoping that the judge would be ruling in the favor of COPA so that Craig will understand that there is always a big cost associated with repeated lying and harassing other people in the pursuit of his claim.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3800
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: July 26, 2024, 11:51:52 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
I'm not really into to the amount Wright should reimburse COPA, I guess leaving the 15% means they are still considerate ;D Since the defense is asking for a 70%, both parties will probably come to a settlement around 80%

What I'm more interested is the potential criminal charges he will be facing after lying about his identity and using fake documents for so many years.

Offline Z-tight

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1200
  • Last Active: Today at 02:34:13 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
Craig Wright is a liar and a conman and i hope the court agrees that he covers 85% of copa's legal cost in the case that he lost. He should also be charged for lying and impersonating the person of Satoshi for many years, since the court has already ruled that he is not Satoshi. Craig has attacked the BTC network for such a long time and i hope it comes to an end sooner rather than later.
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
RoyalMix██████████    ██    ██████████    ████    ██    ████████████████████████████    ██
P  R  E  M  I  U  M     B  I  T  C  O  I  N     M  I  X  E  R                                        P  R  E  M  I  U  M     B  I  T  C  O  I  N     M  I  X  E  R
██    ██████████    ██    ██    ██    ██████████████████████    ██    ████████████
░░███████████████████████████
█████████████████▀███████
████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀░░▀█████
████░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░▄████
███████▄▄░░░█░▄██░▄██████
██████████░░░████████████
███████▀▀░█░░░▀██░▀██████
████░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▀████
████▄▄▄▄███████▄▄░░▄█████
█████████████████▄███████
░░███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████
████░░
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████░░

Online Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: Today at 04:59:39 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
The news doesn't state detailed reason why COPA only ask for 85% of legal cost, when IMO they should ask for at least 100% along with money they could earn by doing their other job. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

It's here:
https://coinacademy.fr/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/COPA-v-Wright-WFO-Approved-Judgment-28.03.2024.pdf

18.2. COPA say that 85% would be a reasonable estimated recovery in the circumstances of this case (including by reference to the hourly rates and the likelihood of an indemnity costs order).
18.3. COPA has reduced the total sum by 7.5%, to arrive at a figure half-way between the interim payment on account which it seeks (i.e. 85%) and its total costs recovery. No increment has been added for interest on paid costs (which COPA will claim in due course) or for costs which COPA will incur between now and the end of the case.
18.4. COPA say that this approach thus seeks to ensure that there will be funds to cover the interim payment on account plus an additional amount to reflect the prospect that COPA will recover more in respect of (i) costs incurred to date, (ii) interest on items of costs paid to date and (iii) costs yet to be incurred up to final order.

It's not like they are asking the court to give them 85% of the costs, they had £6,703,747.91.  in costs and think that at least f £6,200,966.82 would be proved without a doubt in court, plus it's easier to get a decision when you make an offer than demanding everything and maybe incur further costs down the road with that process.

Anyhow, the problem is that Craig has not yet paid a penny despite losing a few cases already so taking into account there are others in line I don't think they will see much of that 6 million back.

Offline Captain Corporate

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1304
  • Last Active: July 26, 2024, 09:17:26 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter Search 1000 Posts
I don't get why %85? I mean in most cases if a person is found liable, then they end up paying it all, hell even damages on top of that as well. I am not sure how it would work out, or how its done or anything but I believe that he should definitely pay it. While we all know that he is not satoshi at all, and that has been known for a long long time, it is definitely true that he was a quite early bird in bitcoin, which means that he has a lot of money, and he should be able to afford to pay this. Not that it would be any amount that would upset him financially, but it would prevent him from trying to do it again knowing how much it would cost him if he ever tried again.

Offline ABCbits

• Legendary
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
    • View Profile

I'm not really into to the amount Wright should reimburse COPA, I guess leaving the 15% means they are still considerate ;D Since the defense is asking for a 70%, both parties will probably come to a settlement around 80%

It just mean csw doesn't even feel slightly thankful for COPA's consideration. And he's a bit lucky that asking 70% doesn't make COPA angry and no longer being considerate.

What I'm more interested is the potential criminal charges he will be facing after lying about his identity and using fake documents for so many years.

Along with various threat he stated publicly.

It's here:
https://coinacademy.fr/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/COPA-v-Wright-WFO-Approved-Judgment-28.03.2024.pdf

--snip--

I understand, thanks for sharing this document.
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1990
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: July 26, 2024, 04:31:50 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
Money is never a minor issue in cases like this, but realistically this judgment is worth more than a lot more money than is mentioned in this story. It is even more important that now there are finally solid foundations on which this deranged scammer can be put behind bars.

Someone who doesn't understand what this is really about could have thought all these years that Faketoshi is the real Satoshi, and now everyone can finally be convinced that it's a simple lie.

Anyhow, the problem is that Craig has not yet paid a penny despite losing a few cases already so taking into account there are others in line I don't think they will see much of that 6 million back.
~snip~

In the end, it will turn out that the man actually has nothing and that he is a victim of a system that persecutes him because he thinks he is someone else. Can the whole story go in the direction of proving unaccountability in order to avoid all possible legal consequences?
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Online yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Last Active: Today at 06:15:46 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
In this case, should the court force him to pay? Or could the judge imprison him until he pays the required fine?

This false plaintiff has exhausted the community and the court as well for many years with his false case and trying to prove that he is the real Satoshi, so the court must force him to pay the fine and additional compensation as well for the problems he caused and wasting the court’s time.

Offline ABCbits

• Legendary
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
    • View Profile

In this case, should the court force him to pay? Or could the judge imprison him until he pays the required fine?

This false plaintiff has exhausted the community and the court as well for many years with his false case and trying to prove that he is the real Satoshi, so the court must force him to pay the fine and additional compensation as well for the problems he caused and wasting the court’s time.

UK judge already anticipate that by freezing some craig asset few months ago. The amount should be enough to cover 85% of COPA legal bill.

Source, https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2024/03/29/uk-judge-freezes-craig-wright-assets-to-prevent-him-evading-court-costs/.
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Online yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Last Active: Today at 06:15:46 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
UK judge already anticipate that by freezing some craig asset few months ago. The amount should be enough to cover 85% of COPA legal bill.

Source, https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2024/03/29/uk-judge-freezes-craig-wright-assets-to-prevent-him-evading-court-costs/.
Thanks for sharing the link

This is completely fair. Craig Wright has spent a long time trying to falsely prove that he is Satoshi in search of money and fame. He has humiliated himself, wasted the court's time and caused harm to a lot of people, so this is a completely fair measure and I hope he gets prison time as well. It will be a useful lesson for him and others to prevent them from such futile attempts in the future.

Online Stompix

• Legendary
  • Last Active: Today at 04:59:39 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
In the end, it will turn out that the man actually has nothing and that he is a victim of a system that persecutes him because he thinks he is someone else. Can the whole story go in the direction of proving unaccountability in order to avoid all possible legal consequences?

Impossible in CW case since he initiated lawsuits on these claims, he has no chance, his only way out of this is bankruptcy!

He has issued an order on freezing his assets, but this doesn't mean he has the assets to cover that, and even so, COPA will have to wait in line because CW already has to pay 100 million awarded against  W&K  and he still hasn't paid that up.
I still don't think CW has the money to pay up, and these two are not all his lawsuits right now!

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1990
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: July 26, 2024, 04:31:50 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
Impossible in CW case since he initiated lawsuits on these claims, he has no chance, his only way out of this is bankruptcy!

Well, bankruptcy is not such a bad thing for him considering that he has friends who finance him all the time in his crazy ventures. If he's smart (and we know he's not), why doesn't he declare bankruptcy and move to Colombia and continue to pretend that he's the real Satoshi there, given that they officially admitted it to him there?
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Freemind

• * President *
  • Mythical
  • Activity: 9953
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: July 26, 2024, 07:50:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
I guess now is when Craig Wright should start regretting some of the many statements he has made in recent years, since making Wright pay means many other things, beyond the economic. After so many years behaving like a child who has had his lollipop stolen, people (yes, there were people who believed him when he said he was Satoshi) have been able to verify that the lollipop did not exist, it was Wright who wanted to steal the lollipop from a person (or group of people) who wants to remain anonymous.

I hope that at some point Wright stops to think about all the things he has done and said, discrediting many people who have no fault of his own that he is not the real Satoshi. It was all as easy as signing a message, a message that he could never and will never be able to sign.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline ABCbits

• Legendary
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
    • View Profile

I guess now is when Craig Wright should start regretting some of the many statements he has made in recent years, since making Wright pay means many other things, beyond the economic.

He should start regret when he lose against Holdnaut back on 2022.

After so many years behaving like a child who has had his lollipop stolen, people (yes, there were people who believed him when he said he was Satoshi) have been able to verify that the lollipop did not exist, it was Wright who wanted to steal the lollipop from a person (or group of people) who wants to remain anonymous.

That's good anecdote ;D.

I hope that at some point Wright stops to think about all the things he has done and said, discrediting many people who have no fault of his own that he is not the real Satoshi. It was all as easy as signing a message, a message that he could never and will never be able to sign.

It's hard to see him stop unless he got jailed for really long time. He already lying and threaten people for so many years, so it's easier to imagine he'll double down.