follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Regarding demoting Global Mods and mods  (Read 11524 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2072
  • dev@
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: Today at 12:44:58 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Regarding demoting Global Mods and mods
« on: November 08, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »
This is a community forum, thus you are here because you like it, or at least i hope so ...

A lot of times i demote mods, usually it's because they are not doing their task well, in some cases it's about abuse of power and in very rare cases it's because of more complex issues.

Few times i even demoted global mods, in all these cases, it was never about the mod involvement in this forum, because to become a global mod you had to be really the top of the top. So why have i been unjust ?
It is because of conflict on interests. You can not be riding a race horse and betting on another, as simple as that.

Crypto forums have been popping up like crazy since 2 years, and every time a new one pops up, they pitch our top mods, and many of them accept to join the new forums, especially if they are being paid for their time - which till this point we haven't really done here on this forum.

This said, i usually avoid to have a global mod here, who is an admin or global mod on some new forum,
why ? because everytime it happened it led to the exodus of many of our members and weakening of this forum.

We are not a huge forum, we can not afford to keep losing active members ...
At your service.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Regarding demoting Global Mods and mods
« on: November 08, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline bubbalex

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1506
  • Graphic Designer
  • Referrals: 30
  • Last Active: April 08, 2024, 08:50:04 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Regarding demoting Global Mods and mods
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 06:54:08 PM »
But you actually losing active members even when you removing people from mods, especially for removing. They helped to launch bounty campaigns here, now they will not be such interested, as well as people who trusted them. I'm not going to tell you how to be an admin of the forum, I just want to post my opinion, as a part of this forum community. And there is no problem at all to be a member of couple forums, more platforms = more opportunities.

I'm trusted manager on other forums, but I'm interested in altcoinstalks as well, and this interest from my side exist because of good russian mods, who removed from their status recently. I think bounty campaigns is a huge part of crypto forum existing, without them there will be much less activity.

It's just an opinion, I hope I'll not receive ban for that, I need to finish current campaign here first 😅
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:06:08 PM by bubbalex »

Offline Jokers

• Mythical
  • Activity: 7584
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 17, 2024, 07:37:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:07:46 PM »
This said, i usually avoid to have a global mod here, who is an admin or global mod on some new forum,
why ? because everytime it happened it led to the exodus of many of our members and weakening of this forum.

Yes, but we do loose. And this is not because of these really good for our forum guys, but because of your decision. These users are among pillars of our community, and while you make them leave this forum, you make the whole community decide what to do. Everything was good yesterday. We all knew about new forum, but mostly everyone preferred to communicate here, because of our community, we liked this place with a friendly atmosphere. Today we see, that you attack the people we respect and consider as important part of our community. The forum becomes an unfriendly place. You deleted two topics where community unanimously said that we do support Bigpat and epidemia. Your decision makes this forum weaker. Don't do it.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 07:08:32 PM »
But you actually losing active members even when you removing people from mods, especially for removing. They helped to launch bounty campaigns here, now they will not be such interested, as well as people who trusted them. I'm not going to tell you how to be an admin of the forum, I just want to post my opinion, as a part of this forum community. And there is no problem at all to be a member of couple forums, more platforms = more opportunities.

I'm trusted manager on bitcointalk, but I'm interested in altcoinstalks as well, and this interest from my side exist because of good russian mods, who removed from their status recently. I think bounty campaigns is a huge part of crypto forum existing, without them there will be much less activity.

It's just an opinion, I hope I'll not receive ban for that, I need to finish current campaign here first 😅

of course, i value your opinion
both mods are still mods, i never removed them from mods status,
however global mod status is a bit tricky, thus i explained my point of view above
also, most members are also on btt, and of course it's not an issue, some members are mods, and some mods are mods somewhere else, again that's not an issue.
But global mod here, i prefer to keep it for mods that are not mods somewhere else.
At your service.

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 07:10:45 PM »

Yes, but we do loose. And this is not because of these really good for our forum guys, but because of your decision. These users are among pillars of our community, and while you make them leave this forum, you make the whole community decide what to do. Everything was good yesterday. We all knew about new forum, but mostly everyone preferred to communicate here, because of our community, we liked this place with a friendly atmosphere. Today we see, that you attack the people we respect and consider as important part of our community. The forum becomes an unfriendly place. You deleted two topics where community unanimously said that we do support Bigpat and epidemia. Your decision makes this forum weaker. Don't do it.

noted, i will be considering this action, and will have discussions with some team members concerning this issue
At your service.

Offline bubbalex

• Legendary
  • Graphic Designer
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 07:11:17 PM »

I'm trusted manager on bitcointalk, but I'm interested in altcoinstalks as well, and this interest from my side exist because of good russian mods, who removed from their status recently. I think bounty campaigns is a huge part of crypto forum existing, without them there will be much less activity.

of course, i value your opinion
both mods are still mods, i never removed them from mods status,
however global mod status is a bit tricky, thus i explained my point of view above
also, most members are also on btt, and of course it's not an issue, some members are mods, and some mods are mods somewhere else, again that's not an issue.
But global mod here, i prefer to keep it for mods that are not mods somewhere else.
Well, now your position is at least clear. Thanks for the explanation.
I still don't understand how the position of the global moderator prevents someone from being a moderator of another forum, but this is your decision.
Nevertheless, I agree with the Jokers, such actions in relation to the epidemia and Bigpat, make the whole community, which they helped to think about. I really like this forum, but such sanctions with similar arguments make me think that tomorrow you may limit me here, just because I am a manager somewhere else.
A bad precedent is being created.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:16:58 PM by bubbalex »

Offline GREENch85

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1660
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: November 10, 2021, 12:17:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »
I’ll venture to suggest that most users will lose all or part of the forum’s interest if bubbalex ceases to publish its bounty companies on it, and this may happen due to an aggressive policy on the part of the administration. And because of what it will happen ....

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »
I’ll venture to suggest that most users will lose all or part of the forum’s interest if bubbalex ceases to publish its bounty companies on it, and this may happen due to an aggressive policy on the part of the administration. And because of what it will happen ....

don't threaten me, i am listening to inputs but refuse to be threatened
At your service.

Offline bubbalex

• Legendary
  • Graphic Designer
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 07:23:17 PM »

It's just his opinion, I want to clarify that I’m not going to threaten you, I just expressed an opinion about people whose departure from this forum will be critical for me. These people raise a lot of activity here, and although this is not critical, I’m sure that fact they are being deprived of their status as a global moderator for such reason (I don't think your opinion is wrong, I mean that the reason is not a violation of their duties) - it offends them in a certain degrees, and these people obviously will not want to invest as much effort further.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:27:38 PM by bubbalex »

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 07:27:12 PM »
in few similar cases i banned the mods, and other mods were removed from duties, however i am currently have a discussion with the team to see if the action i took was appropriate and if not what are the alternatives
At your service.

Offline GREENch85

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1660
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: November 10, 2021, 12:17:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 07:28:50 PM »

What does the threat have to do with it? Do not take everything so aggressively! I expressed my vision of the situation and suggested what could happen next, no more and no less!

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 07:30:59 PM »

What does the threat have to do with it? Do not take everything so aggressively! I expressed my vision of the situation and suggested what could happen next, no more and no less!

ok noted, tensions are high, sorry for misunderstanding
At your service.

Offline bubbalex

• Legendary
  • Graphic Designer
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 07:35:59 PM »
in few similar cases i banned the mods, and other mods were removed from duties, however i am currently have a discussion with the team to see if the action i took was appropriate and if not what are the alternatives
Any discussion is already good.

I will write here the last message:

1. They did not exceed their authority
2. They cope with their duties
3. They not promoting here other forum which they working in
4. They are respected and important to their community
5. They objectively made a huge contribution to the development of this forum
6. They are leading whole Russian community, which almost most active here, without them - forum will lose active members, what is not your goal, as you noted in first message

I respect your right to ban anyone here for violating the rules, to deny the status of a moderator for abuse of authority or for not managing duties, but! To deprive people, who put so much effort into this forum absolutely free of charge, of their status only because they want to earn somewhere else?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:40:01 PM by bubbalex »

Offline Jokers

• Mythical
  • Activity: 7584
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 17, 2024, 07:37:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »

It depends on exact users. As I'm active in Serbian subforum recent time, I know that there is a moderator there. But if you would remove him from that subforum oneday... well, I'm not sure that I would find that out. Not because that moderator is bad, but because I know too little about him as a user of our forum. Even while 73.81% of posts in Serbian subforum are made by me. The situation with Bigpat and epidemia is different.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • dev@
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2019, 07:47:28 PM »

It depends on exact users. As I'm active in Serbian subforum recent time, I know that there is a moderator there. But if you would remove him from that subforum oneday... well, I'm not sure that I would find that out. Not because that moderator is bad, but because I know too little about him as a user of our forum. Even while 73.81% of posts in Serbian subforum are made by me. The situation with Bigpat and epidemia is different.

Bigpat and epidemia, are valuable members of our forum no doubt about that,
and until the removal from global mods, they were valuable members of team, no doubt
this said, i have opened a discussion channel to see this with the other team members
At your service.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG