follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Bitcoin Hitting $100,000 Doesn’t Matter. Many People Have Missed the Point.  (Read 720 times)

Offline Dima Mihalych

• 1st Step
  • Activity: 1
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 23, 2021, 08:20:42 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
I learned this: tricking yourself into thinking you’re getting richer is one of the biggest lies of current society.

Bitcoin is making every investment/asset in history look stupid.
I own Bitcoin. I got involved early on. People either love me or hate me for this somewhat crazy technological choice. They sometimes write misinformed articles about my belief in the future of money, while simultaneously closing their mind to new ideas. They think I care about Bitcoin opinions. I don’t. My only goal in life is to make people think. Getting people to agree with my point of view is the stuff of mind control. I can’t brainwash you. Sorry.
People think the price of each coin hitting $100,000 USD is the end game. While the rise in value is nice for us early adopters of Bitcoin, it completely misses the point.
Bitcoin could go back down to $100. I don’t think it will. But if Bitcoin does do something crazy in terms of price then so be it. I feel like Bitcoin is a radical shift in thinking that is infecting the planet faster than any pandemic. Bitcoin isn’t an investment. Bitcoin isn’t a get-rich-quick scheme.
Bitcoin is a different way of thinking.
If Bitcoin does keep accelerating in adoption then the foundation of society is going to change. Society is built on centralization. Society is set up by governments. Society is made up of races limited by borders. Bitcoin doesn’t have borders. There is no Bitcoin office.
You can’t complain to Bitcoin.
You can’t be shut down by the billionaire owner of Bitcoin. The creator of Bitcoin is a mystery — it could be Wonder Woman for all we know. You’re free to look into Bitcoin or not. You’re free to buy Bitcoin. You’re free to transact in Bitcoin.
People get easily caught in the hype cycle of Bitcoin, or the anger in the fact they didn’t buy Bitcoin, and so they feel like they must throw stones at anybody who did.
Here’s the point that is missed: Bitcoin doesn’t care. Bitcoin doesn’t give a damn about your emotions. Bitcoin doesn’t care if you got rich.
Bitcoin is a quiet protest.
It’s the idea that inequality is bad. It’s the idea that money created out of thin air and handed to a small few to inflate the stock market is fundamentally wrong. It’s the idea homes shouldn’t cost a lifetime worth of hours stuck in a cubicle. It’s the idea you should be able to send money anywhere in the world within a few minutes.
Eventually, like the internet, we will all be using Bitcoin. Bitcoin is monetary information system sitting on an esoteric technology platform called blockchain. Blockchain will eventually be the honesty you rely on to move a widget from A to B in either the physical world or the virtual world.
Bitcoin is the democratization and fragmentation of everything.
The idea is trending on Twitter almost every day. It’s taking over traditional news. People with an audience are talking about it. Social media is pushing content that talks about it. Almost every online community has at least one ongoing conversation currently talking about it.
Bitcoin was always inevitable.
A financial system that excludes people was never going to be viable long-term. People are a wake-up to the monetary circus we live in. People want change and so they are buying into the idea of Bitcoin.
Bitcoin may not be the end product.
Pets dot com used to be a classic website as a punk kid. They got wiped out even though they were one of the first internet companies.
Many other early tech giants got wiped out, too.
The same could happen to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the start of the evolution of the internet. It may not be the end state. Although I think there is unlikely to be a challenger to Bitcoin and its one purpose of storing anybody’s built-up value (digital gold). A Bitcoin competitor would likely be silenced before it got the chance to get up and dance.
Bitcoin is an accident.
It snuck in through the back door and governments didn’t pay any attention to it. In 2017 there was a perfect opportunity to ban Bitcoin. It didn’t happen. Now that Bitcoin is so big, and public companies like Tesla (with powerful CEOs) own it, it’s nearly impossible to ban it without creating global protests. The internet would rise up if anybody messed with Bitcoin.
That’s the optimist’s point of view. Still, Bitcoin could become a horse and cart, too. A better technology could come along. Bitcoin could be the 56K modem of the first iteration of the internet. Ethereum could become the high-speed broadband competitor that swallows Bitcoin. I don’t think so, as both have their place in the future.
Bitcoin works as it is because it’s so stupidly simple. It has one use. Its speed is irrelevant. Anybody can understand what Bitcoin is even if they have never turned on a computer.
Bitcoin is where you store your time.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Power420

• Activity: 1195
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 21, 2024, 06:51:20 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts Poll Starter Poll Voter
an interview with Greek Reporter, published yesterday, Varoufakis opined that Bitcoin’s greatest strength—its finite supply of 21 million coins—is also its biggest weakness. “Given its fixed supply and given the fact that there is no democratic mechanism to determine who gets and how many Bitcoins, it creates a kind of feudalism run by the early adopters of Bitcoin,

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG