follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

• altcoinstalks can allow bitcointalk links 4 0 5 1
Current Rating:  

Author Topic: altcoinstalks can allow bitcointalk links  (Read 1255 times)

Offline AB de Royse777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1311
  • Bitcointalk Campaign Manager on r7promotions.com
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: March 28, 2024, 11:58:08 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster Search 10 Posts
altcoinstalks can allow bitcointalk links
« on: July 14, 2021, 09:51:28 PM »
The first thing I noticed is that there are no way to link (URL) a topic of Bitcointalk. BitcoinTalk links are not allowed in thread posts, even not in signature. I understand that there will be people who will drive traffic to their bitcointalk activities, the traffic goes to bitcointalk from altcoinstalks. What is wrong with that?

When I joined if my rank can be teleported meaning allowing me to use the credibility I have in bitcointalk then why not help bitcointalk too? After all, bitcointalk is the first and biggest crypto community and everything else are just extended idea from it. Let's respect bitcoin, let's respect bitcointalk which I am sure you all do. Let's grow up together, build a community where we will see collaboration with each others.

I hope I did not hurt anyone's feeling. I am sorry if I do, I am still new to this community and still looking forward to know the culture.

Cheers,
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

altcoinstalks can allow bitcointalk links
« on: July 14, 2021, 09:51:28 PM »

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: altcoinstalks can allow bitcointalk links
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 11:15:25 PM »
The first thing I noticed is that there are no way to link (URL) a topic of Bitcointalk. BitcoinTalk links are not allowed in thread posts, even not in signature. I understand that there will be people who will drive traffic to their bitcointalk activities, the traffic goes to bitcointalk from altcoinstalks. What is wrong with that?

I *think* initially this was due to the amount of bounties/airdrops that were being promoted on here but redirecting to bitcointalk, so it provided no value to the forum or community what so ever. Instead it just became a place to spam bounties/airdrops/projects/etc directed elsewhere. This I understand when the forum was in it's early stages, but admittedly times have changed. The forum has developed it's own unique community since then.

When I joined if my rank can be teleported meaning allowing me to use the credibility I have in bitcointalk then why not help bitcointalk too? After all, bitcointalk is the first and biggest crypto community and everything else are just extended idea from it. Let's respect bitcoin, let's respect bitcointalk which I am sure you all do. Let's grow up together, build a community where we will see collaboration with each others.

We are trying to develop a Crypto Council to unite different forums together. It would therefore make sense to now allow this collaboration in the form of link sharing, so am in agreement personally. It otherwise seems counter-produce to block links to other forums when trying to unite them together, for obvious reasons. This would however be an admin decision rather than Senate or Presidents I believe, given it's administration based in a very literal sense.

I hope I did not hurt anyone's feeling. I am sorry if I do, I am still new to this community and still looking forward to know the culture.

No offense should be taken from suggestions. Hopefully other Senators can contribute their opinions here.

I also think with the improved moderation of the general section, we shouldn't need to block as much anymore.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 11:17:58 PM by dragononcrypto »

Offline bubbalex

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1506
  • Graphic Designer
  • Referrals: 30
  • Last Active: January 27, 2024, 04:06:28 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: altcoinstalks can allow bitcointalk links
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 01:52:26 PM »
As I understand when this forum was new it was used a lot to shill bitcointalk activities here and just steal the traffic and in this situation restrict bitcointalk links is understandable, but yes, the times are changing.

In my opinion it won't hurt the altcoinstalks to allow here links to other platforms, in general all of us are acknowledged about these platforms anyway, I even posted thread about altcoinstalks rank teleportation on bitcointalk.

It is totally up to the forum admin to decide what is allowed here, but probably it can be considered at least to review the situation again and possibly make changes in positive way.

I think someone will start to redirect traffic to other platforms again, but maybe this can be handled manually instead of the current automatic system.

There is also a rule about hashtags, which is too strict in my opinion since I personally faced a problem that I can't post required hashtags in the bounty thread, since there are too many of them.

In general it is good for the altcoinstalks to force you to create threads here since you can't put bitcointalk links (totally understandable), but sometimes you need to post some link just for evidence, etc. and you can't.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG