follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Some Security Tips  (Read 31878 times)

Offline Dora Walletinvestor

• Activity: 340
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: November 29, 2022, 10:52:24 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Some Security Tips
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2020, 10:53:54 AM »
Nice collection of tips. I'm sorry that you encountered many security issues, that must have been tough, but it's good to see that you have overcome them and learned from them in such a productive way.
Check out the latest forecasts and news about cryptocurrencies, stocks, forex pairs and more on WalletInvestor.com

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2020, 10:53:54 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline edmundo

• Activity: 223
  • BintexFutures
  • Last Active: January 12, 2021, 07:14:10 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2020, 07:31:21 PM »
The Phishing aspect and security consciousness is one that probably continues to elude most people as it is very easy to neglect or miss in the course of our daily activities. It isn't as conspicuous as others and as such can be easily missed. Once that is done, there is a high chance that you will become vulnerable to these hacks and attacks. One has to be really careful in securing yourself and assets while using the Internet.
► BINTEX ◄ ♦ Innovative Crypto Ecosystem With Unique Payment Features ♦ ► BINTEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Reddit|Facebook|Telegram|LinkedIn|Youtube|Whitepaper

Offline Rain075

• Possible Cheater
  • Activity: 1007
  • Last Active: January 11, 2024, 01:34:00 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2020, 12:09:07 PM »
Hello everyone,
I had tons of security problems when I was a beginner. One of my exchanges got hacked, lost my 2FA code - my phone broke down etc. etc...
I want to write down some of the security stuff I use for my cryptos!
If any of you have corrections, additions or other suggestions to my safety actions, would love to hear them.

1- Never ever use an exchange without 2FA: Even the hardest passwords can get hacked easily. If you don't use 2FA you can get hacked... Yep I got hacked - my Bibox account, took hours to block the account, half of my earnings were lost. (it wasn't more than 50$, thank god...)

2- Never ever use the same password for different accounts.
Yep, I got hacked! Why? I was applying for several airdrops, you guys know that nowadays some of them require signing up to their websites. And what have I done? I used the same password and email I used for the Bibox exchange.

3- Writing down your password rather than saving them on your computer is a better idea. I have a small notebook which I keep my passwords.
I also have a word document which I save some of my private keys, it is a locked document - not so safe I know...

4- Always keep your 2FA code or barcode before scanning. If your phone breaks down, you will loose all your 2FAs... It can take 2-3 weeks to activate your exchange accounts.

5- MEW, IDEX login: I never copy and paste my private keys to login these wallets. I prefer Metamask login, not 100% secure but much better.

6- My browser preference: I don't like chrome very much. I prefer to use Brave browser to access my accounts. *It doesn't support Binance. Brave also has Metamask extension.
AND A GREAT UPDATE: Brave has it's own BAT wallet which ables you to earn while you surf. Firefox is my second choice.

7- Phising sites: I always bookmark my exchanges. Also before clicking the email links, I always check the url, I never click if it is not a "HTTPS". I also use WOT extension on Chrome to check if the link is safe or not...

8- KYC issue: I prefer not to do KYC for airdrops or bounties. If their database gets hacked, your passport can end up in Dark web. For exchanges, I always try to use my Driving License instead of my passport for KYC (some of them only accepts passport :/ )

9- For airdrops I use another email. Don't want my original email get spam mails and I want my exchange email to be safe.

These are the ones I remember so far...
Safe days you guys!
Thank you very much I have learned a lot from this post of yours and I have learned from all the protections.  I thank you very much for explaining so beautifully.
                  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄██▄ █████████
████████ ████████ ███████▄██ █████▄ ███████
██████████████   ████████ ▀▀ ███████▄███████
████████████████████████         ████ █        ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████         █████         █████   █████▄▄█████████▄█████▄▄▄██████▄
█████████████████████ ██████▄     ██████       ████████   ▄█████████ █████████████████████
▐█████████████████████▄ ██████     ███████      █████▀   ███████████ █████████ ████████████
▐███████████████████████           ███████      ▀██████   ███████████ █████████  █████████▀▀
▐██████████████████████▄          ███████     █▄ ███████  █████████████████    ████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄         ███████     ███▄██████  ██████████ ██████████ ▄▄██████▄
 █████████████████████████         ███████     ████▀▀▀████ ███ ███████████████████████████
 ██
███████████████████████         ███████     ████   ████ ███  █████████████████████████▀
 █████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀  ██████▀▀▀
                 NFTanks.app                
A collection of 3333 unique Dogetankers
and New Play to earn (P2E) NFT game
[  PvE Mode  ]   [  PvP Mode  ]   [ Team Battle ]
|   TWITTER   |  TELEGRAM  |   DISCORD   |

Offline yemight62

• Activity: 110
  • Last Active: July 22, 2022, 03:14:39 AM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2020, 05:24:08 PM »
I think I just gained something. I've never once think of it that KYC could be this bad. Thanks for the useful information and I'm personally looking forward to more of this.
XSL Labs   ◉  SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA  ◉
▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.xsl-labs.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Online Power420

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1214
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 03:25:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster 1000 Posts Poll Starter
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2020, 04:10:20 AM »
Thank you very much for posting a very nice post. Security is definitely needed. It is not possible to work on anything without security.  If you want to work on any platform and cryptocurrency, you must have one.  Brother Etherium Wallet is likely to have a lot of time.  And a lot of the time it gets hacked so you definitely need security to work on any platform.

Offline Sammy9ce

• Activity: 308
  • Beyond Protocol Street Team
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: July 10, 2023, 07:08:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2020, 05:09:53 PM »
Hello everyone,
I had tons of security problems when I was a beginner. One of my exchanges got hacked, lost my 2FA code - my phone broke down etc. etc...
If any of you have corrections, additions or other suggestions to my safety actions, would love to hear them.

1- Never ever use an exchange without 2FA: Even the hardest passwords can get hacked easily. If you don't use 2FA you can get hacked... Yep I got hacked - my Bibox account, took hours to block the account, half of my earnings were lost. (it wasn't more than 50$, thank god...)

Yep, I got hacked! Why? I was applying for several airdrops, you guys know that nowadays some of them require signing up to their websites. And what have I done? I used the same password and email I used for the Bibox exchange.

3- Writing down your password rather than saving them on your computer is a better idea. I have a small notebook which I keep my passwords.
I also have a word document which I save some of my private keys, it is a locked document - not so safe I know...

4- Always keep your 2FA code or barcode before scanning. If your phone breaks down, you will loose all your 2FAs... It can take 2-3 weeks to activate your exchange accounts.

5- MEW, IDEX login: I never copy and paste my private keys to login these wallets. I prefer Metamask login, not 100% secure but much better.

6- My browser preference: I don't like chrome very much. I prefer to use Brave browser to access my accounts. *It doesn't support Binance. Brave also has Metamask extension.
AND A GREAT UPDATE: Brave has it's own BAT wallet which ables you to earn while you surf. Firefox is my second choice.

7- Phising sites: I always bookmark my exchanges. Also before clicking the email links, I always check the url, I never click if it is not a "HTTPS". I also use WOT extension on Chrome to check if the link is safe or not...

8- KYC issue: I prefer not to do KYC for airdrops or bounties. If their database gets hacked, your passport can end up in Dark web. For exchanges, I always try to use my Driving License instead of my passport for KYC (some of them only accepts passport :/ )

9- For airdrops I use another email. Don't want my original email get spam mails and I want my exchange email to be safe.

Safe days you guys!

Actually nice... We also need to stay clear from ponzi site,cause the level of risk is much high. Once they have access to your email they can break down your social media.
█ █                 HODLΞRS NΞTWORK     │    Wallet ID Based on Network                 █ █
|   WHITEPAPER   |   TELEGRAM   |     TWITTER     |     MEDIUM     |    BSCSCAN    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Offline Dr.lecter

• Activity: 412
  • Your Data Belongs To You
  • Last Active: June 01, 2021, 03:55:20 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2020, 01:06:43 AM »
Hello everyone,

Safe days you guys!

Thank you for sharing! About number 5: I'm using MEW by their applications, it's also much better than metamask or MEW website.
XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2020, 01:06:43 AM »

Offline Chita76

• Activity: 789
  • /Bitgame Global
  • Last Active: Today at 03:20:27 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2020, 07:02:14 PM »
If you want to give a password to an account then you have to give a very good kind of password.  Thank you for such a post.  I agree with this post. If there is any problem, please let us know.
██████████████   ████████ ▀▀ ███████▄███████
████████████████████████         ████ █        ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████         █████         █████   █████▄▄█████████▄█████▄▄▄██████▄
█████████████████████ ██████▄     ██████       ████████   ▄█████████ █████████████████████
▐█████████████████████▄ ██████     ███████      █████▀   ███████████ █████████ ████████████
▐███████████████████████           ███████      ▀██████   ███████████ █████████  █████████▀▀
▐██████████████████████▄          ███████     █▄ ███████  █████████████████    ████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄         ███████     ███▄██████  ██████████ ██████████ ▄▄██████▄
 █████████████████████████         ███████     ████▀▀▀████ ███ ███████████████████████████
 ██
███████████████████████         ███████     ████   ████ ███  █████████████████████████▀
 █████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀  ██████▀▀▀
                 NFTanks.app                 
[  PvE Mode  ]   [  PvP Mode  ]   [ Team Battle ]
|   TWITTER   |  TELEGRAM  |   DISCORD   |

Offline Triedboy

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1250
  • Patron Ambassador
  • Last Active: January 21, 2024, 03:48:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2020, 01:41:00 AM »
Basically, whatever the account, you will use strong passwords. And keep them in a good place. If you have a wallet, keep your password and backup safe so no one can see it. And write them down nicely in a notebook so that you can save them even if you forget them one day.
        ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
     ▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄
   ▄████████▀▀                   ▀▀████████▄
▄▄██████████                       ██████████▄▄

███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
  ▀██████████▀▀███████▀▀▀███████▀▀██████████▀
     ▀███████▄  ████▀     ▀████  ▄███████▀
      ████  ▀█████▀         ▀█████▀  ████
      █████▄          ▄▄▄          ▄█████
       █████       ▄▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄       █████
       █████         █████         █████
       █████▄   ▀▀▄         ▄▀▀   ▄█████
       ██████      ▀▀█████▀▀      ██████
       ▀█████▄▄      ▀███▀      ▄▄█████▀
         ▀██████▄▄▄   ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████▀
             ▀████████▀▀▀████████▀
               ▀████▄█████▄████▀
                   ▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀

PATRON
DOGE DAF

A MEME-TOKEN WITH NFTs AND
METAVERSE, NAMED AFTER
THE FEARLESS DOG PATRON

FROM
               ▄
 ▄▄         ███         ▄▄
 ███▄       ███       ▄███
 ██▀██      ███      ██▀██
 ██  ██     ███     ██  ██
 ██  ▀██    ███    ██▀  ██
 ██   ██    ███    ██   ██
 ██   ██    ███    ██   ██
 ██  ▄███  ▄████  ███▄  ██
 ██▄██▀   ▄██ ██▄   ▀██▄██
 ██ ▀██▄▄██▀   ▀██▄▄██▀ ██
 ██   ▀▀██▀██▄██▀██▀▀   ██
 ██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄██
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀███▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█▄ ███ ▄█▀
          ▀█████▀
            ▀▀▀

UKRAINE

████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████▀▀   ▀▀██▀▀█████
█████   ▀█████████▀           ▀█████
█████▄     ▀▀▀▀███           ▄██████
█████▀▀                      ███████
██████                      ▄███████
████████                   ▄████████
████████▄                ▄██████████
██████████▀▀           ▄████████████
█████▄▄           ▄▄▄███████████████

███

███

███████████████████████████████████████████████████

ABOUT PATRON DAF

███████████████████████████████████████████████████

███
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
  ..IDO WITH UNICRYPT..

Offline Msweet

• Activity: 837
  • FRX: Ferocious Alpha
  • Last Active: December 11, 2023, 04:18:20 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2020, 12:59:39 PM »
Two-factor coding makes it easy to secure your ID.  If someone logs in your ID, it will send you a code. If they can't input that code, then the ID will not be logged. Of course, I think it is better to give two-factor coding security in each ID.

Offline Casual

• Possible Cheater
  • Activity: 860
  • Last Active: June 30, 2023, 03:30:44 AM
    • View Profile

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2021, 07:14:31 AM »
He gave the security tips in a very nice way. We know that no matter how strong the password is, it is still possible for hackers to hack any exchange. We need to keep our passwords strong at all times.
██████████████   ████████ ▀▀ ███████▄███████
████████████████████████         ████ █        ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████         █████         █████   █████▄▄█████████▄█████▄▄▄██████▄
█████████████████████ ██████▄     ██████       ████████   ▄█████████ █████████████████████
▐█████████████████████▄ ██████     ███████      █████▀   ███████████ █████████ ████████████
▐███████████████████████           ███████      ▀██████   ███████████ █████████  █████████▀▀
▐██████████████████████▄          ███████     █▄ ███████  █████████████████    ████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄         ███████     ███▄██████  ██████████ ██████████ ▄▄██████▄
 █████████████████████████         ███████     ████▀▀▀████ ███ ███████████████████████████
 ██
███████████████████████         ███████     ████   ████ ███  █████████████████████████▀
 █████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀  ██████▀▀▀
                 NFTanks.app                
[  PvE Mode  ]   [  PvP Mode  ]   [ Team Battle ]
|   TWITTER   |  TELEGRAM  |   DISCORD   |

Offline yemight62

• Activity: 110
  • Last Active: July 22, 2022, 03:14:39 AM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2021, 11:08:34 PM »
Two-factor coding makes it easy to secure your ID.  If someone logs in your ID, it will send you a code. If they can't input that code, then the ID will not be logged. Of course, I think it is better to give two-factor coding security in each ID.
Yeah.  I really love the 2FA but some exchanges doesn't support that though.  In bithumb you have to use google authentication which has been giving me problem and unable to access my assets
XSL Labs   ◉  SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA  ◉
▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.xsl-labs.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Offline Cryptolover5

• Activity: 59
  • Last Active: July 04, 2021, 01:01:22 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2021, 05:35:08 PM »
This is a great and unique topic, I must say you have given us the essential security tips we need to keep our valuables safe in crypto, in this present times hackers and scammers are doing all there can to get rid of funds so it's our duty to always protect what we have in crypto, and to be sincere with this tips I think our funds are secured.

Offline Damrai5$

• Activity: 568
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: February 16, 2024, 02:37:17 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2021, 06:06:57 PM »
Thank you so much for giving me such an awareness-raising topic. We wallet any but occasionally forget its password or backup.  In fact, it is because of such mistakes that many of our dollars are stuck when we can't pick them up.  Almost everyone will get this idea from your topic and everyone will keep the password and backup of all the colleges safe.

Offline Tamsialu$$

• Activity: 1130
  • Patron Ambassador.
  • Last Active: September 17, 2022, 01:25:52 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2021, 06:18:37 PM »
Hello everyone,

Safe days you guys!

Thank you so much for giving so many nice posts about security. I agree with you on the topic you have created with Security VOS. Whatever we do, we need to save our passwords and backups. Basically, we can see that a lot of things with good security are being hacked, but we still have to be careful.
        ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
     ▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄
   ▄████████▀▀                   ▀▀████████▄
▄▄██████████                       ██████████▄▄

███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
  ▀██████████▀▀███████▀▀▀███████▀▀██████████▀
     ▀███████▄  ████▀     ▀████  ▄███████▀
      ████  ▀█████▀         ▀█████▀  ████
      █████▄          ▄▄▄          ▄█████
       █████       ▄▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄       █████
       █████         █████         █████
       █████▄   ▀▀▄         ▄▀▀   ▄█████