follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Does bitcoin control the market?  (Read 774 times)

Offline bdsharminsoltana

• Plagiarism strike
  • Activity: 251
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: March 30, 2019, 12:23:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
Does bitcoin control the market?
« on: September 29, 2018, 09:38:53 AM »
Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Does bitcoin control the market?
« on: September 29, 2018, 09:38:53 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline smile.ps

• Activity: 178
  • eLYQD ICO
  • Last Active: December 31, 2020, 01:39:54 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
Re: Does bitcoin control the market?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 10:09:53 AM »
Well, it seems to me that now everything is tied to Bitcoin.  It all depends on a lot of money pouring into it.  After all, if you withdraw money and pour it into Altcoins, then, accordingly, the price of those or other altcoins will increase.  It all depends on the transfusion of money. ;)

Offline expander

• Activity: 444
  • Last Active: May 31, 2021, 03:39:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 10:00:23 AM »
In my view, bitcoin cannot control the market. Because market conditions are based on demand and supply. But we cannot lie that bitcoin affects the value of other coins because bitcoin is the first coin that has many communities. If confidence in bitcoin increases, trust in other coins will also increase.

Offline mamun777

• Plagiarism strike
  • Activity: 202
  • Last Active: March 30, 2019, 12:25:44 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 10:11:04 AM »
I have notice that too every time that bitcoin fall all altcoin also will follow. Thats why i just wondering can bitcoin control crypto. But there are some times that altcoin didnt follow bitcoin. Just like what happen in febuary bitcoin is slowly fall while altcoin is still pumping. Thats the proof that altcoin is not control by bitcoin. I think its depend on the market of each altcoin.

Offline yousufatik20

• Plagiarism strike
  • Activity: 243
  • Last Active: March 30, 2019, 12:30:03 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »
Although bitcoin is the market leader, it doesn't exactly control the market. The market is in fact controlled by the big whales who have majority of supply of bitcoin and other coins.
That is what makes people hesitant about entering this market. If the whales weren't so greedy, we might have seen more people entering the market.

Offline kamal420

• Plagiarism strike
  • Activity: 224
  • Last Active: March 30, 2019, 12:25:09 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 10:24:17 AM »
Bitcoin doesn't control the market, but the crypto market depends on bitcoin moves. That's why when bitcoin price goes down, other coins follow bitcoin moves and go down! Bitcoin price moves happen for various reasons! Actually, no one controls the crypto market!
l

Offline bdamenaakter

• Plagiarism strike
  • Activity: 244
  • Last Active: March 30, 2019, 12:24:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »
Of course yes. Bitcoin is the pioneering currency in the virtual currency market, being the largest denomination in the market. So it affects the Altcoins as a matter of course, which may be less influential or influential. The evidence that prices are independent of each other may be true, as Altcoins are located in different trading floors, but when converted to cash, it will affect each other.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »

Offline yousufatik

• Plagiarism strike
  • Activity: 258
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: April 17, 2019, 06:38:10 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 10:59:42 AM »
Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.
Maybe in some instance, the prices of altcoins may be dependent on either Ethereum or Bitcoin because it was intended to be set into a value equal to those. So when the price sinks or rises, the price value also do. In some instance on the other hand, the uniqueness of the price came as a reaction of the buyers and sellers of the set value based on the movement of Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase a distint token in the market so both perception are correct depending upon how you interpret it manually. It is just a technicality on comparing different cryptocurrencies.

Offline ipanks

• Activity: 148
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: January 25, 2022, 11:45:15 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 01:33:46 PM »
Some of the altcoins depend on bitcoin price, and some other altcoin is not. I don't know which exactly coins that following bitcoin, but I guess it will show when bitcoin price moves. But I think all of the altcoins following where bitcoin wants to go, and it will change with the bitcoin moves. And sometimes, when bitcoin is up, the altcoins follow to go up.

Offline D_sally

• Activity: 192
  • Last Active: February 23, 2019, 09:45:37 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »
In general, it is logical to assume such a situation when Bitcoin starts to grow, and in this case, all the coins begin to fall because investors very often begin to withdraw all of altcoins and invest in Bitcoin!  But even despite such a course of events, I still would not say that Bitcoin controls the market!

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG