follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: What makes it possible to hold tight to your portfolio without selling.  (Read 603 times)

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1065
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 08:49:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
Well, the thought just came to my head: to discuss the things that make it possible for someone to hold tight to their portfolio without selling so quickly when there is yet a little or no profit on their investment.

A few things that make some investors quickly sell off their bitcoin are:

1: lack of proper knowledge about Bitcoin technology and also lack of Bitcoin investment knowledge.

There are some unofficial investment rules of Bitcoin, that state, "buy the dip and hold, keep holding until you become rich, never invest the amount you can't afford to loses, never invest the amount you cannot hold for a long time, not your key, not your coin, if you don't sell cheap, you have not lost anything, etc. If an investor studies and understands those rules, they will hold onto their portfolio for a long time. If also a Bitcoiner understands the technology, knowing that it is not a pump and dump coin like other altcoin, then they will have the courage to hold tight to their portfolio.

2: Depending on Bitcoin investment as the only source of income. If an individual decides to quit their job and invest all their life savings and the entire salary into Bitcoin, how then can they get the money to spend on their financial needs? It therefore becomes very important for an individual to have other streams of income so that when any need arises, they will not have to sell their Bitcoin but would rather spend from their salary or from the earnings they make in their business.

3: Borrowing to invest in Bitcoin. Although interest-free loans from relatives can be preferable, taking high-interest loans from banks or private companies to invest in Bitcoin is quite risky because the loan can be due when the investment has not really generated any good profit for you.

If there are more, you can add them in the comments to enable others to learn and be guided.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline DaNNy001

• Activity: 589
  • Anonymous Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 10:38:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Topic Starter Poll Voter
Re: What makes it possible to hold tight to your portfolio without selling.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 11:06:23 PM »
I don't know if this also counts as one of the reasons but I think their is also the factor of anxiety and fright because there are cases when investors tend to chicken out and sell off their investment even if they know vividly well that it doesn't call for it although I can still relate this in the  field of the investor not having proper knowledge about the investment but I guess you can pin out a difference from the two things. But all the same whatever makes anyone to sell off their investment is a proof that the person isn't really ready for the investment in the first place.

Online MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15852
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 12:40:53 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 07:11:40 PM »
1: lack of proper knowledge about Bitcoin technology and also lack of Bitcoin investment knowledge.
~
If there are more, you can add them in the comments to enable others to learn and be guided.
+
First of all, I believe that the majority of investors do not have enough knowledge about technical analysis and psychological management in investing. They cannot tolerate too large profits and will quickly sell to get back their capital after a long period of losses.

>> Lack of market knowledge is the most common cause. However, I myself do not know for sure how much knowledge is enough or what knowledge is correct in the crypto market.

Many people don't need knowledge, they need advice from signal groups. A famous KOL in Vietnam asked his followers to buy BTC at $60K in 2021, then sell at $37K in 2023 because he believed that BTC price will return below $30K and they will buy and own more BTC. Now BTC price has reached $48K, I think those investors are regretting it  8)
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1638
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 12:48:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 10:31:44 PM »
-snip-
2: Depending on Bitcoin investment as the only source of income. If an individual decides to quit their job and invest all their life savings and the entire salary into Bitcoin, how then can they get the money to spend on their financial needs? It therefore becomes very important for an individual to have other streams of income so that when any need arises, they will not have to sell their Bitcoin but would rather spend from their salary or from the earnings they make in their business.
-snip-
This is the most foolish act I have ever known, even though I already have a steady job and choose to quit just to invest in Bitcoin.
Then where is the main source of income if the main job is stopped.

Sometimes those who do this do not think long and are just crazy about bitcoin without thinking about what the risks are.
In the end, the investment will not provide a profit because it will always be sold to meet living expenses because it has no other income.

Even people who don't have other jobs, only invest a few percent in Bitcoin and the rest to make ends meet.

Offline UNIVERSE

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1722
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 11:46:38 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 10:51:00 PM »
For me, the beginning comes from what clinic I hold. If it is Bitcoin or certain coins that I really consider having the potential to hold for a long period of time, yes I will do it strictly. There will be no regrets once you have decided. especially for holding Bitcoin and top coins. One of the simplest ways is to set a desired price target within a certain time period. So that before the target is achieved, hold firmly to our plans and also our holdings. Don't be easily tempted by momentary increases and don't panic easily.

Offline MUGNIA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1442
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 04:52:58 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 11:01:11 PM »

3: Borrowing to invest in Bitcoin. Although interest-free loans from relatives can be preferable, taking high-interest loans from banks or private companies to invest in Bitcoin is quite risky because the loan can be due when the investment has not really generated any good profit for you.

This is not recommended, even with your own relatives, because the term loan will have a maturity period from the initial agreement when it will be repaid. We are lucky if the value of the coins we invest increases. Otherwise, we will experience a loss instead of the profit we expected before, it is better. investing in small amounts but cold money, it's useless to invest large amounts but the results from loans are far from profitable (just my opinion based on personal experience)

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1585
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 06:56:02 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 06:32:05 PM »
What makes it possible to hold tight to your portfolio without selling.

Definitely the fact that you don't depend on the money you invested in cryptocurrencies, which means that (at least when it comes to Bitcoin) it makes sense to invest in the long term. If you have a good source of income with which you can meet all or most of your life needs, then you don't have too much need to sell at least those cryptocurrencies that tend to be worth more and more as time goes by.

However, we need to set goals in advance because what we do not have in unlimited quantities is definitely time.
██████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 06:32:05 PM »

Offline Garden

• Activity: 83
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 11:13:26 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    50 Posts Signature Quick Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 02:34:39 PM »

This is not recommended, even with your own relatives, because the term loan will have a maturity period from the initial agreement when it will be repaid. We are lucky if the value of the coins we invest increases. Otherwise, we will experience a loss instead of the profit we expected before, it is better. investing in small amounts but cold money, it's useless to invest large amounts but the results from loans are far from profitable (just my opinion based on personal experience)

Moreover, a situation may also occur when the value of the coins we invest does not increase or stands still in a flat, for example, but also falls or corrects. But interest on the loan and the loan still need to be repaid every month. And here you need to look for additional money to pay off the loan.
I trade at FXOpen

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1422
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 12:48:41 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2024, 02:44:52 PM »
Depending on Bitcoin investment as the only source of income. If an individual decides to quit their job and invest all their life savings and the entire salary into Bitcoin, how then can they get the money to spend on their financial needs? It therefore becomes very important for an individual to have other streams of income so that when any need arises, they will not have to sell their Bitcoin but would rather spend from their salary or from the earnings they make in their business.
This is what currently will describe my situation. Since I only have Bitcoin holdings that has the higher chances of making more profit this makes me possible to hold on tight with my holdings. I have priorities that needs to be attained that is why I am doing this and I wish things will soon go as planned.

Offline elbans89

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1575
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: March 24, 2024, 05:24:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 09:39:39 PM »
Depending on Bitcoin investment as the only source of income. If an individual decides to quit their job and invest all their life savings and the entire salary into Bitcoin, how then can they get the money to spend on their financial needs? It therefore becomes very important for an individual to have other streams of income so that when any need arises, they will not have to sell their Bitcoin but would rather spend from their salary or from the earnings they make in their business.
This is what currently will describe my situation. Since I only have Bitcoin holdings that has the higher chances of making more profit this makes me possible to hold on tight with my holdings. I have priorities that needs to be attained that is why I am doing this and I wish things will soon go as planned.

Yes, we must have other income to meet our needs, because it will not interfere with the coins we invest if one day we need money. Let the coins we hold remain intact. If we want to earn income while holding, we can stake while waiting for the bullish season. Or we can do daily trading so we can make daily profits.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1934
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 11:09:20 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 11:04:42 PM »
Well, the thought just came to my head: to discuss the things that make it possible for someone to hold tight to their portfolio without selling so quickly when there is yet a little or no profit on their investment.

A few things that make some investors quickly sell off their bitcoin are:

There are some unofficial investment rules of Bitcoin, that state, "buy the dip and hold, keep holding until you become rich, never invest the amount you can't afford to loses, never invest the amount you cannot hold for a long time, not your key, not your coin, if you don't sell cheap, you have not lost anything, etc. If an investor studies and understands those rules, they will hold onto their portfolio for a long time. If also a Bitcoiner understands the technology, knowing that it is not a pump and dump coin like other altcoin, then they will have the courage to hold tight to their portfolio.

Good topic, thanks!
From personal experience. I got into cryptocurrency in 2013/2014. I was involved in investments (small), the basic investment was about $100 :) Then there was a process of accumulation, reinvestment, participation in projects. I watched the growth, accumulated, there were impulses to sell, but I decided to take a risk. But he didn’t just decide, he analyzed and assumed the development of events. I fixed it at the peak, which I considered to be my peak. I even had a screenshot of the blockfolio of my supplies before committing it. Attached :)
It's May 2018

Then some were withdrawn, some went for reinvestment. If I had held on further, I would have lost a lot

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4152
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 03:07:56 PM
    • View Profile

50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2024, 06:47:56 AM »

A famous KOL in Vietnam asked his followers to buy BTC at $60K in 2021, then sell at $37K in 2023 because he believed that BTC price will return below $30K and they will buy and own more BTC. Now BTC price has reached $48K, I think those investors are regretting it  8)

The big problem with many small and most especially new Bitcoin investors is they get in to the market all the while expecting that their decision can make them rich in no time at all without also investing with knowledge so they tend to be listening to anyone who can be self-proclaimed success in the market. I once a victim of this kind of situation and I really regretting everything because my BTC could have already give me the financial footing that I am looking for, even at today's current BTC price. I sure that in one way or another, we made some big and small mistakes in BTC investing...while others may have recouped their losses others may have just given up the whole thing. Knowledge is always the big key here and not being persuaded easily by anyone telling us to do this and do that. Sometimes it would be good if someone will buy BTC at a certain time and just forget it all (except the keys, of course) and just pay a visit after some three years to see how the value has increased. 

Offline therozaq

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2639
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 04, 2024, 06:48:55 AM
    • View Profile

too active, 25 Posts in one day 2500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2024, 08:56:30 AM »
Investing in crypto for me is just additional income, because I have a business in the real world.  I invest profits from trading for long-term holding.  As long as we don't use money from debt and still have other income to meet our living needs, we will not rush to sell our crypto assets.
 If people sell crypto assets because they panic, it means they lack experience in the crypto world or bought coins that are not safe.  I only hold top coins, of course my biggest assets are Bitcoin and Ethereum.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1934
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 11:09:20 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2024, 10:16:00 AM »
Investing in crypto for me is just additional income, because I have a business in the real world.  I invest profits from trading for long-term holding.  As long as we don't use money from debt and still have other income to meet our living needs, we will not rush to sell our crypto assets.
 If people sell crypto assets because they panic, it means they lack experience in the crypto world or bought coins that are not safe.  I only hold top coins, of course my biggest assets are Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Another problem of many people who came to crypto after 2017+ is that they came on "fairy tales" from 2013-2017 when there was a huge number of HYIP projects, and there was a feeling that any cent thrown into the crypto market is guaranteed to become 10000 bollars tomorrow. And then many people made very surprised faces when they saw their invested money start to depreciate, the general trend also did not inspire confidence.... Some sold at a loss, some believed until the last cent in their pocket that "everything will change", etc. People were not ready for trend changes, they were not used to taking into account and laying down the RISKS, as a result of "panic sale" and other "joys" of ill-considered behavior.

Offline Garden

• Activity: 83
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 11:13:26 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    50 Posts Signature Quick Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2024, 02:03:18 PM »
I believe that the purchase price of an asset is one of the important factors. That is, if an investor bought it quite a long time ago at a low price, having not spent a lot of money on it at that time, then psychologically it is easier for him to hold his cryptocurrency portfolio and not sell his cryptocurrency. But if a person unsuccessfully bought it very recently at a high price and at the peak of growth, then he has one goal: to wait for growth and get at least to zero and not make a loss.
I trade at FXOpen

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG