follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Cost of living  (Read 3356 times)

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
Re: Cost of living
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2024, 03:16:10 PM »
~snip
I agree with the statement. In our country, many people oppose the government's decisions simply because they do not see any improvement in their daily lives. These individuals rely on the government to take action instead of taking the initiative themselves. This dependence on the government leads to laziness, as people are unwilling to work hard to earn a living and prefer to rely on government support for their daily needs.
+1 here as cash assistance is rampant in our country and was politized by some public servants. Those beneficiaries see this as an opportunity as a cash cow so they can rely on it. They are even vocal about some delay but the thing is, they become too dependent though not all but most of them are getting upset if the financial assistance is given late and the like. That is why these kind of people don't try to stand on their own feet because of this dependency.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2024, 03:16:10 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1913
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:00:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2024, 10:18:54 PM »
If I am not mistaken you are pointing out to the government that they are not taking action on food and other necessities prices are going up, and they aren't helping us. Also I'm not really sure what place you are referring to but I will just generalize it because mostly we have a common perspective in government, with which I agree and disagree because the government is doing their stuff but we can't see it but at the same time we need to take care of ourselves and not rely on them as we get starved. Instead of wasting our time mocking the government, let's find another opportunity to earn money rather than just keep monitoring the government's next move.
I agree with the statement. In our country, many people oppose the government's decisions simply because they do not see any improvement in their daily lives. These individuals rely on the government to take action instead of taking the initiative themselves. This dependence on the government leads to laziness, as people are unwilling to work hard to earn a living and prefer to rely on government support for their daily needs.

This is one of the biggest problems and misconceptions of the people - the hope that the state will support them and give them everything they need. People think that the government should print and distribute money so that they can live well without any effort. But that's not how economics works ! Economy is not about printing money, economy is about a reasonable government that creates comfortable conditions for business development, business is about efficiency and taxes, and only when all parts are effective and mutually beneficial - it is possible to fill the budget and form a quality social policy - assistance and provision of low-income people - people with disabilities, pensioners and other social groups that can not fully provide for themselves. But often we have a different picture - corruption and theft in government, business that does not pay taxes - a vicious circle. Well, the population also has its hand in this problem - they choose slogans and populists rather than reformers and effective state management, because in a difficult economic situation it is necessary to take very unpopular measures.

Offline Sokani

• Activity: 462
  • Last Active: Today at 11:59:58 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Karma
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2024, 12:40:38 PM »
I really had a good laugh while going through this post. Don't know what op was thinking when he posted here because most persons here will not be able to understand what he's saying. This is "pidgin language" and this post is supposed to be on the Nigerian local board.

Back to the topic. High cost of living is caused by inflation, which is a global phenomenon. According to statista1, inflation rate in Nigeria is on exponential rise from 2019 to 2023, and the government has not been able to come up with good policies to combat it.

1. https://www.statista.com/statistics/383132/inflation-rate-in-nigeria/

Offline Martyns

• Activity: 206
  • Last Active: April 12, 2024, 10:48:18 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Search Topic Starter Karma
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2024, 11:45:42 PM »
cost of living has to do with a certain amount that  is needed  to sustain a certain standard of living in a particular country as well as region. Cost of living has to do with expenses which involved,  utilities, transportation, housing,  Healthcare, taxes,  entertainment and education.  different countries in the world has their own standard of living (cost of living).  it is very essential and importance note that cost of living calculations are average and are lays on personal  circumstances choice of lifestyle.

Online ajiz138

• Activity: 1095
  • Last Active: Today at 04:07:17 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2024, 03:30:54 PM »
+1 here as cash assistance is rampant in our country and was politized by some public servants. Those beneficiaries see this as an opportunity as a cash cow so they can rely on it. They are even vocal about some delay but the thing is, they become too dependent though not all but most of them are getting upset if the financial assistance is given late and the like. That is why these kind of people don't try to stand on their own feet because of this dependency.
This is because at the beginning there is something wrong, people below the poverty line will depend on government assistance because from the beginning they are used to it. the government should give them fishing rods instead of directly giving them fish, I'm sure I don't need to explain because surely everyone understands.

Something that is wrong will produce something that is wrong too. Maybe the government should consider more when they want to provide assistance and the like. Maybe direct aid is also good, but they should also look and try to consider, so that later it can solve the problem from the grassroots.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2024, 10:06:39 AM »
This is because at the beginning there is something wrong, people below the poverty line will depend on government assistance because from the beginning they are used to it. the government should give them fishing rods instead of directly giving them fish, I'm sure I don't need to explain because surely everyone understands.

Something that is wrong will produce something that is wrong too. Maybe the government should consider more when they want to provide assistance and the like. Maybe direct aid is also good, but they should also look and try to consider, so that later it can solve the problem from the grassroots.

You are very correct in voicing the solution. But there are a few nuances....
On the one hand, it is indeed the most correct solution, on the other hand..... On the other hand, there's the human factor:
- the population is used to doing nothing and getting the minimum necessary content.
- the government and international organizations are used to systemic corruption and live at the expense of the fact that in some countries the picture of "huge social problem of the population, hunger,..." is deliberately maintained.
It sounds very disgusting - but it is international corruption at the level of local governments and world institutions and organizations that are causing it, solely for their own well-being....

Offline Mr. Allcrypto

• Activity: 330
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 12:44:56 PM
    • View Profile

Karma Good Avatar Signature
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2024, 07:41:55 AM »
The cost of living in Nigeria as of today is very high, and I agree with your post and also I just talked about inflation recently in the forum, due to the economy we are in now, the high cost of living is due to the inflation rate in our country. And the solution to the problem is is the government will take right actions to work things out so that our currency can have more economic value in the exchange rate.
Also our citizens should work hard, and not fully dependent on the government for everything, and that is where I also speak about entrepreneurship earlier in the forum, you guys can also check my post and talk about your own point of views.

Funfact!!  If we country better na all of us nai go jolly ooo😉

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2024, 07:41:55 AM »

Online ajiz138

• View Profile

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2024, 04:58:24 PM »

On the one hand, it is indeed the most correct solution, on the other hand..... On the other hand, there's the human factor:
- the population is used to doing nothing and getting the minimum necessary content.
- the government and international organizations are used to systemic corruption and live at the expense of the fact that in some countries the picture of "huge social problem of the population, hunger,..." is deliberately maintained.
It sounds very disgusting - but it is international corruption at the level of local governments and world institutions and organizations that are causing it, solely for their own well-being....
Now corruption is also one of the problems that must be resolved if you want to reduce poverty. I am sure that for direct assistance there are still many people who do not deliver it according to what it should be. Indeed, the assistance reaches the community, but do they really not cut the budget for themselves?

What is often found is cost overruns, they work with distributors or producers. And one more thing, is the assistance really right on target? That is often the case, so it does slow down poverty reduction.

Online Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1035
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 03:17:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2024, 06:52:14 PM »
I don't really know the country you're from and referring to, but I'll agree with you because inflation and bad governance has proven to be a global pandemic that's been eating deep into the world's economy, this isn't news anymore so that's why I always advice whoever that's complaining about such matters not to depend on the government for anything or hold them responsible and accountable for anything that's not going the way it should, even if they're actually responsible, complaining all day wouldn't do any good. Rather, you could look for ways to help yourself, work double shifts if you have to, just make sure you make ends meet because at the end of the day, you're responsible for yourself not the government.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2024, 10:13:42 PM »

Now corruption is also one of the problems that must be resolved if you want to reduce poverty. I am sure that for direct assistance there are still many people who do not deliver it according to what it should be. Indeed, the assistance reaches the community, but do they really not cut the budget for themselves?

What is often found is cost overruns, they work with distributors or producers. And one more thing, is the assistance really right on target? That is often the case, so it does slow down poverty reduction.

But I would put corruption at the top of the country's economic problems. Mismanagement is the second most important problem. But the key problem is that an inept manager can be replaced, and corruption is a disease that affects all branches of government, all "managers" and the entire population. It is a disease that affects virtually every cell of the organism, and it is extremely difficult to get rid of it! Corruption causes virtually all the problems of the economy, even in a rich country, and unfortunately there are a lot of examples. There are countries that have managed to "localize" or eliminate corruption, but I am not sure that there are countries that have completely defeated it.

Online ajiz138

• View Profile

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2024, 03:08:33 PM »

But I would put corruption at the top of the country's economic problems. Mismanagement is the second most important problem. But the key problem is that an inept manager can be replaced, and corruption is a disease that affects all branches of government, all "managers" and the entire population. It is a disease that affects virtually every cell of the organism, and it is extremely difficult to get rid of it! Corruption causes virtually all the problems of the economy, even in a rich country, and unfortunately there are a lot of examples. There are countries that have managed to "localize" or eliminate corruption, but I am not sure that there are countries that have completely defeated it.
I have a belief that corruption will always exist and will not be resolved until there is absolutely no practice in the field. But at least it can be minimized with certain rules.

There are still many rules that in my opinion do not incriminate corruptors, or in other words the punishment they get is not proportional to what they do. Now I have not heard of a country that dares to punish corruptors such as being impoverished, or worse than that, namely the death penalty.

Yes, I understand because there are still many who speak out that it deprives them of their right to live. But my point here is that the punishment is really a deterrent.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2024, 02:21:18 PM »

I have a belief that corruption will always exist and will not be resolved until there is absolutely no practice in the field. But at least it can be minimized with certain rules.

There are still many rules that in my opinion do not incriminate corruptors, or in other words the punishment they get is not proportional to what they do. Now I have not heard of a country that dares to punish corruptors such as being impoverished, or worse than that, namely the death penalty.

Yes, I understand because there are still many who speak out that it deprives them of their right to live. But my point here is that the punishment is really a deterrent.
So you mean not only the government needs to be reformed but also the justice system in a specific country. It all affects the cost of living and or the economic growth we have right now in our respective country. There is no other way this can be resolved but it's the foundation itself that needs to be reconstructed so we can show strength even in the worst situation in the country.

Offline Martyns

• Activity: 206
  • Last Active: April 12, 2024, 10:48:18 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Search Topic Starter Karma
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2024, 06:29:44 PM »
Cost of living results to the high cost of items in the society or country. As such is causing decline in family and society planning. The high cost and standard of things in our society and countries at large, if the cost of things in our society can change it may then give rise to good economic standards( system). On the other hand, government or leaders of a country can maintain and as such manages the economy for the favour of its citizens, but in a case where the government refuses to maintain, manage the economy standards than it may result to low supply and high cost of thing.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2024, 09:20:31 PM »

In part, I agree with you, from the point of view that "corruption will always exist". The problem is very simple - corruption is about money and power. And these two entities will exist for as long as the current model of the state and power structure exists.  Another question is what is the "role" of corruption in the state - is it the "basis of power" or is it a by-product that is "restrained" by the legislative, executive and judicial systems and the citizens of the country.

Offline milewilda

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1492
  • Last Active: Today at 11:54:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2024, 11:54:16 AM »
Cost of living results to the high cost of items in the society or country. As such is causing decline in family and society planning. The high cost and standard of things in our society and countries at large, if the cost of things in our society can change it may then give rise to good economic standards( system). On the other hand, government or leaders of a country can maintain and as such manages the economy for the favour of its citizens, but in a case where the government refuses to maintain, manage the economy standards than it may result to low supply and high cost of thing.
I could say that this is something that inevitable. Why? Economic situations and conditions doesnt get better on which services and goods cost are really that gradually soaring up high.
if you are someone who do have that kind of job and doesnt have any ways or means of earning more income  then you would really be definitely struggle.
This is why it would really be that common sense that you would really be needing to find another source of income on which you could really be able to make yourself
that be able to make money so that you would really be able to survive and able to sustain.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG