follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Food Shortage  (Read 2526 times)

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
Re: Food Shortage
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2024, 02:06:14 PM »
A food scarcity is not something a nation should experience. This results from farmers and entire sellers choosing to stockpile food for a predetermined amount of time. Price increases are caused by a shortage of products. This impacts people's livelihoods and results in a food shortage. When not enough food is produced—for example, when crops fail because of a drought, pests, or excessive moisture—a shortage of food may result.
Natural calamities is one of the most common reason why there is food shortages and of course increase of prices not to mention wars as it is man made. Regardless of efforts made by governments and it's people if nature has to charge us our stupidity we can do nothing about it but accept the consequences.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2024, 02:06:14 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1913
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:00:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2024, 08:30:11 PM »
A food scarcity is not something a nation should experience. This results from farmers and entire sellers choosing to stockpile food for a predetermined amount of time. Price increases are caused by a shortage of products. This impacts people's livelihoods and results in a food shortage. When not enough food is produced—for example, when crops fail because of a drought, pests, or excessive moisture—a shortage of food may result.
Natural calamities is one of the most common reason why there is food shortages and of course increase of prices not to mention wars as it is man made. Regardless of efforts made by governments and it's people if nature has to charge us our stupidity we can do nothing about it but accept the consequences.

I agree with you, but I will make an addition, or clarification. If we take one particular country, it is difficult to give an example of a country where there are natural disasters and war all the time.

But I know many countries that have been suffering from food shortages for decades. But I have already written about the reasons in my previous post. I am sure in most countries that regularly have problems with food the situation is identical. And the problem there is not natural disasters and wars.....

PS For example, my country Ukraine. In 2022 it was massively invaded by terrorist troops from a neighboring country. Some of the most fertile regions were occupied - southern, eastern regions, fields were burned, grain elevators were destroyed, agro-companies were destroyed, huge territories including fertile fields were mined. Have you heard of Ukraine asking for food for 2 years? No! Ukrainians created agribusinesses in other areas far from the war. They found money, strength, equipment, and recreated. At least in the state when we have 25% of our territory occupied and there is a war, Ukraine provides food for itself.

I have quite a strong opinion that other countries simply don't want/are not profitable to solve this issue in this way. See my previous post for reasons.

Online $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1698
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 02:10:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2024, 01:04:47 PM »
Yes, without us realizing it, we (humans) are the cause of everything that happens on earth, including food shortages.

We are the ones who make everything a mess and we are also the ones who complain, strange isn't it? but this is real.
The fact is that now war is everywhere, greedy people who only care about themselves are also everywhere.

And also one more thing, sometimes farmers are underestimated, even though they are the farmers who supply food for us, and now I see farmers whose lives are not yet prosperous. Is this fair? of course not.
I don't want to judge, but it's better for us to introspect ourselves.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2024, 09:34:32 PM »
Yes, without us realizing it, we (humans) are the cause of everything that happens on earth, including food shortages.

We are the ones who make everything a mess and we are also the ones who complain, strange isn't it? but this is real.
The fact is that now war is everywhere, greedy people who only care about themselves are also everywhere.

And also one more thing, sometimes farmers are underestimated, even though they are the farmers who supply food for us, and now I see farmers whose lives are not yet prosperous. Is this fair? of course not.

You make a very subtle point, something I've been saying for a long time - the problem with humanity...is PEOPLE !
The laws of nature, from the simplest to the laws of the universe, are balanced and built on clear laws and rules (I will make a note - which we do not all understand). And only man, thinking himself the "crown of creation" - violates the laws, destroys everything around him ... Therefore, the first question when the dialog about problems begins - what have I, we, or mankind done to prevent or correct this? In most answers, "guilty" will be called anything but ourselves or humanity in general....

Online Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1035
  • Last Active: Today at 03:17:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2024, 10:29:26 PM »
Like you already mentioned it, food shortage can mostly arise due to bad climate which cuses a low productivity in the amount of agricultural produces of a country and when the climate change is very bad and remain bad for a very long time, that's how it will keep contributing to a poor yield of farm produce and therefore will cause food shortage. When population is high and there is low productivity in food production, it can cause shortage of food.

Offline OWAS

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 28
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 02:26:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Karma 10 Posts Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2024, 12:38:26 PM »
 Omor,  food shortage is not  what a country or individual should experience as a person,  so many factors are contributing to this shortage of food  and high cost of foods items available in the  market,  for  instance  in some of various communities where our parents farm some hecter  of land to get  what to eat while they are on it and it Good to harvest, some people who are hungry and don't have any means to  eat we go to a farm that are not there's to steal unprocess items to there houses and keep just to survive, some beg also to eat a day, ,if this shortage of food continues in a country and the government doesn't do anything about it so many things we go wrong.

Online $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1698
  • Last Active: Today at 02:10:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2024, 12:48:46 PM »

You make a very subtle point, something I've been saying for a long time - the problem with humanity...is PEOPLE !
The laws of nature, from the simplest to the laws of the universe, are balanced and built on clear laws and rules (I will make a note - which we do not all understand). And only man, thinking himself the "crown of creation" - violates the laws, destroys everything around him ... Therefore, the first question when the dialog about problems begins - what have I, we, or mankind done to prevent or correct this? In most answers, "guilty" will be called anything but ourselves or humanity in general....
What is even stranger is that we ourselves make the rules, but we also break them, so rules are made to be broken, not a joke anymore, but this has become a reality that happens everywhere.

I know there are many activists who speak out about the importance of protecting nature, but what percentage of people are aware of that? I think it's only a few people out of all the humans on this earth.

I am not speaking for others, but for myself, because I also realize that I am one of the people who contribute to the current problems.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2024, 12:48:46 PM »

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2024, 01:13:03 PM »

What is even stranger is that we ourselves make the rules, but we also break them, so rules are made to be broken, not a joke anymore, but this has become a reality that happens everywhere.

I know there are many activists who speak out about the importance of protecting nature, but what percentage of people are aware of that? I think it's only a few people out of all the humans on this earth.

I am not speaking for others, but for myself, because I also realize that I am one of the people who contribute to the current problems.

You have pointed out a very important thing - you have to talk about yourself, your problems, goals, actions or inactions. Giving advice and telling others how to live is the easiest way to avoid personal responsibility.
And this also applies to problems of a more global scale - each of us can influence the situation around us, charge with ideas, demand from the government elected by him or her certain steps (this is a legal right). Similarly with food problems - there is a problem - so it's an opportunity for you not only to partially improve it, but also to gain business and income. Yes, it sounds a bit cynical, but it is better to create business, jobs, and earn money by solving a problem than by doing nothing.

Offline Gormicsta

• 1 strike
  • Activity: 231
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: April 08, 2024, 08:09:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Quick Poster too active, 25 Posts in one day 100 Posts
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2024, 06:36:36 PM »
Food shortage is one situation in a nation that causes some consequences. Some countries are liable to food shortages and then they're left with less economic growth which they have to fix. Food and Agriculture has its own impact on the economy of a country and if left unattended to will definitely cause some negativities. There are correction processes that must be followed by countries that experience shortage and the key process should be diverting the focus of that nation to solely agriculture.
  It's not an intentional action that causes shortage, sometimes it's climatic, sometimes it's due to less resources, so in such situations, there has to be alternative ways to generate resources for these nations. The government in turn ensures that they infuse more on planting and harvesting, so even as the food shortage tend to occur, there'll always be residual foods in store that'll go round and be available for the people.

I totally agreed with you, food shortage is one of the major problems we have in our society today and because of lack of food, our younger ones have turn to beggers, some thieves etc but even if it's cause by climate, we also need tools from the government to support our selves because not everyone has the money to purchase any tools . Do you also  know we need to eat before working for another one.

Offline Mrbluntzy

• Activity: 145
  • The 🪓 is blunt
  • Last Active: April 17, 2024, 01:00:43 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Quick Poster 100 Posts Karma
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2024, 10:50:43 PM »
In my opinion, food shortage is one problem that a nation can experience due to some few reason. Other members have said some reason but what I want to add is that if a nation only depends on importation of food stocks from other countries, there might be time when they can experience food shortage and such time may come if the country that is supplying them with food faces any problem in their own country  which causes a reduction in their production of food and agricultural foods stocks.

For example, if Cameron depends wholly on Nigeria for supply of imported foods, and during 2023 Nigeria failed to produce enough food for exportation because of poor soil minerals, that means that Cameron can face food shortage in 2024 if they are not able to find another country that can supply them with food.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2024, 10:00:58 AM »
For example, if Cameron depends wholly on Nigeria for supply of imported foods, and during 2023 Nigeria failed to produce enough food for exportation because of poor soil minerals, that means that Cameron can face food shortage in 2024 if they are not able to find another country that can supply them with food.

You gave a good example! Let's discuss it ? There are several questions in this situation:
1. Where did this dependence come from ?
2. Why can't this country produce products that make it dependent on imports ?

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2060
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 07:18:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2024, 12:04:53 AM »
Like you already mentioned it, food shortage can mostly arise due to bad climate which cuses a low productivity in the amount of agricultural produces of a country and when the climate change is very bad and remain bad for a very long time, that's how it will keep contributing to a poor yield of farm produce and therefore will cause food shortage. When population is high and there is low productivity in food production, it can cause shortage of food.
That's not the only factor, although I have to admit that what you say is a crucial factor in the agricultural cycle that must be carried out. No one can avoid a climate that suddenly changes a situation that has been well planned but disappears in an instant. But a factor that is no less important is that the available land is becoming less and less available. Technological development has only been carried out by a few developed countries, but there are still more of those that rely on nature and land, so there will always be shortages if uncontrolled climate factors occur, which is different from what has already happened. Doing it with renewable technology will have no impact.

Online MUGNIA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1427
  • Last Active: Today at 04:07:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2024, 01:54:07 PM »
There are many factors in food shortages, the main factor being that farmers fail to harvest because of various problems, including pests, bad climate, so that the harvest schedule can fail because of that.
secondly, there is manipulation of rice stocks by certain individuals who want to take advantage when rice prices rise high,

If farmers and the government work together there should be no food shortages in every country

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2024, 02:27:20 PM »

Good point. Sad reality and this is what had happened around the world for many centuries. What broke my heart here in my country is that smugglers are rampant and I think has connections with some corrupt government officials that affected most local farmers because these lawless bastards manipulated the market for their own good. Though some of these smugglers were exposed but I doubt they're gonna face any charges since the corrupt is all behind this. Money is money.

Offline Martyns

• Activity: 206
  • Last Active: April 12, 2024, 10:48:18 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Search Topic Starter Karma
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2024, 05:52:41 PM »
food shortage is one of the thing that brings down value of a particular country. food shortage occurred as a result of insufficient availability of food in order  to meet up the demands as required by the population/citizen. there are certain things that results to food shortage in a country,some among this factors are bad  governance,  insufficient resources, conflict,  hatred,etc. failure to address food shortage may sometimes result to  citizens committing suicide as well as fighting and killing one another.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG