follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: How Really Does Crypto Savings Work  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Crypto Fella

• Shillers
  • Baby Steps
  • Activity: 38
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: September 23, 2024, 10:29:43 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 5
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter 10 Posts Karma
How Really Does Crypto Savings Work
« on: July 09, 2024, 11:00:04 PM »
I have always thought of how the crypto sector works and while I try to compare it with the bank sectors, one aspect that often comes to mind is crypto savings. While I admit that the reason for crypto is gotten from the banking sector, but in this case the focus is decentralisation, we can't deny it.
Everything is clear and I agree that the bank has a store of value to reward savings, but how does the crypto sector get its own APR when realy it has higher returns compared to the savings in the bank? While banks do around 1% to 3% you see crypto savings give out 20%, is this to further discourage bank savings or it is because of the operating system if yes, then how?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

How Really Does Crypto Savings Work
« on: July 09, 2024, 11:00:04 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4193
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 12:00:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: How Really Does Crypto Savings Work
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 11:51:01 PM »
~ but how does the crypto sector get its own APR when realy it has higher returns compared to the savings in the bank? While banks do around 1% to 3% you see crypto savings give out 20%, is this to further discourage bank savings or it is because of the operating system if yes, then how?
It's similar method with what the bank does but the main differences are no paper work, no verification (KYC), and can transact without approval of a staff. Do not fall for the high APRs because that's just a marketing method to attract users. Sooner or later, the rates will drop to around 5% which is more realistic.

Offline Muhammad Bashir

• Shillers
  • Baby Steps
  • Activity: 26
  • Last Active: September 30, 2024, 05:44:34 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    One year Anniversary 10 Posts Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 09:26:43 PM »
I have always thought of how the crypto sector works and while I try to compare it with the bank sectors, one aspect that often comes to mind is crypto savings. While I admit that the reason for crypto is gotten from the banking sector, but in this case the focus is decentralisation, we can't deny it.
Everything is clear and I agree that the bank has a store of value to reward savings, but how does the crypto sector get its own APR when realy it has higher returns compared to the savings in the bank? While banks do around 1% to 3% you see crypto savings give out 20%, is this to further discourage bank savings or it is because of the operating system if yes, then how?

Such high APR in crypto are not fixed (just to be clear). How do they get those high yield can be traced to the high lending rate against majorly BTC, ETH and USDT especially during the bull run where some of these assets can be traded or staked for more returns (since they are collaterals with fixed tenure). But they are real and you can try them; I think there's one currently on bitget with the same rate of 20% but can't say if it's fixed or not (better not expect that much tho).

Offline Husires

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1593
  • Last Active: August 22, 2024, 01:27:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 11:45:48 AM »
You will not get any return. If you deposit 1 Bitcoin into your wallet, it will always be 1 Bitcoin, but its value varies according to supply and demand, just as if you bought 100 grams of gold, 100 grams will always be with you, but its value varies.
Cryptocurrencies that operate on the principle of proof of stake enable you to obtain a return in exchange for ensuring the decentralization of the network that return may not increase the value of your assets if the value of the token declines.

Offline Hamza2424

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1268
  • Pakistan
  • Last Active: October 23, 2024, 09:47:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2024, 08:20:06 PM »
Note: My comment is only for the Subject.

For the rest I haven't read it, as it's general and worth answering my view on it is, that crypto savings don't exist, in crypto, you sell, hold, or buy there is nothing like savings, if you are trying to call holding as saving bro you are in a big mistake and correct yourself, savings are for the emergency, and crypto cant helps you in the emergency due to its volatile nature. You should always save in the fiat currency or stable assets.

Holding falls under the investment category and you should acknowledge that every investment is based on risk to reward, and if a person is in high-risk assets and trying to say his investment as a savior in an emergency he should learn more about it because it won't help you in making good returns as well as on-time saviors.

Offline bee

• Activity: 409
  • Get your own custom signature design @ $15 - PM me
  • Last Active: October 21, 2024, 04:26:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2024, 10:42:34 AM »
you see crypto savings give out 20%, is this to further discourage bank savings or it is because of the operating system if yes, then how?
As a reminder, avoid savings that provide unreasonable interest, be it banks or crypto savings. Within reasonable limits, these two types of savings should offer an APR that is not too different, such as 5% PA in units. The inherent extrinsic value of crypto can multiply your profits or even make you lose even if the units increase.

Offline Smcchamp

• Shillers
  • Activity: 122
  • Last Active: October 16, 2024, 09:04:31 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    100 Posts Search 50 Posts
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2024, 05:51:27 AM »

Such high APR in crypto are not fixed (just to be clear). How do they get those high yield can be traced to the high lending rate against majorly BTC, ETH and USDT especially during the bull run where some of these assets can be traded or staked for more returns (since they are collaterals with fixed tenure). But they are real and you can try them; I think there's one currently on bitget with the same rate of 20% but can't say if it's fixed or not (better not expect that much tho).

That's valid, I've always seen tripple digits Apr on top coins on bybit and always wondered how it's sustainable. The one on Bitget is it with stable coins or alts?.. 20% seem okay imo.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2024, 05:51:27 AM »

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 07:44:06 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Karma Good Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2024, 07:31:54 AM »
That's valid, I've always seen tripple digits Apr on top coins on bybit and always wondered how it's sustainable. The one on Bitget is it with stable coins or alts?.. 20% seem okay imo.
20% return per year is doable with crypto, but it is risky. It also depends on how they calculate the rate, and whether people actually get that. I participated in some farming activities in the past and most of them failed to deliver the promised return for various reasons, from lower exchange rates, lack of interest from the market, etc. That's especially true if the rate comes from lending activities. There's a huge chance of default especially if there's no need to provide collateral. CMIIW.

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 17460
  • Anonymous Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: October 23, 2024, 07:29:11 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2024, 04:57:15 PM »
Crypto saving has 20% APY? I have never received this APY. If so, it only comes from staking or LP on DEXs.

Profit from LP comes from the trading status on DEX: the more swaps, the more fees the DEX generates, and the more profits liquidity providers will receive.

Profit from staking depends on the tokenomics of the blockchain: some blockchains set a fairly high inflation rate to encourage the participation of validators/stakers to protect the network.

Profit from Lending will depend on the efficiency of the protocol: I have never experienced it so I have no share.

The development of DeFi is extremely strong but not yet large enough to threaten CeFi of traditional banks. Meanwhile, traditional banks tend to participate and provide crypto-related services to capture market share of the crypto market.
THORMIXER
▄▄█▄▄
▄▄▄▄████▄▄▀▀█▄█████▄▄████▄▄▄▄
▀████░▄█▄███████████▄░████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▄▀███████
█████▄▄▄█████
████
█████
▀███████▀
▀░█████░▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
NO LOGS!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
NO JS
TOR

Offline Husires

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1593
  • Last Active: August 22, 2024, 01:27:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2024, 12:00:19 PM »

The development of DeFi is extremely strong but not yet large enough to threaten CeFi of traditional banks. Meanwhile, traditional banks tend to participate and provide crypto-related services to capture market share of the crypto market.
It lacks a basic thing, which is guarantees. In bank loans, your deposits are safe up to $250,000, and the bank guarantees you a percentage of the profits, but this percentage is low for most safe investments, while in DeFi there is no guarantee for capital, LP, or for profits and the value of the token in staking. The rate is 40% APY, but the price of the token decreases by 60%.

Online LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 01:24:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Search Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2024, 12:22:51 PM »
~
Higher risk and volatility of the coins.

I believe that's 2 of the factors why the APR when it comes to these crypto savings are way higher than those of banks. I'm not an expert on it, but I believe that since the whole crypto industry is considered a risky investment, these DeFi wanted to rewards these creditors a higher APR. Add also the fact that volatility is prevalent in all cryptocurrencies, I believe that this also affects the overall APR in these crypto savings.

For the banks, there's no such thing as volatility and if there is, it can't be felt.

Online Bobcrypto

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3925
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: Today at 02:52:10 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Karma Bad Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2024, 02:03:05 PM »

first, the network of crypto is not gotten from the banking
sector, both sectors work differently though they both used Internet connections. The banks has physical offices and
 Cryptocurrency run only the internet and everything about it existence is based online. Savings, lending works similarly with the banking system, but crypto APR are set based on the coin/tokens mining mechanism and this could be one of the reasons savings on crypto exchanges have a higher
APR rewards.
Bank interest rate are smaller because the amount generated through bank loans may not be sufficient to pay huge savings rewards.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG