follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

Author Topic: CoinStats exploiter moves almost $1M to Tornado Cash  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Husires

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1593
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: August 22, 2024, 01:27:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
CoinStats exploiter moves almost $1M to Tornado Cash
« on: July 10, 2024, 05:18:02 PM »
Blockchain security firm CertiK flagged that two wallets linked to the CoinStats exploit in June have transferred 311 ETH, worth about $959,000, to Tornado Cash. One wallet moved 211 Ether while the other sent 100 ETH to the crypto mixer.

On June 22, crypto portfolio manager CoinStats suspended user activity following a breach that affected 1,590 crypto wallets. The company announced that it had shut down the application to “isolate the security incident.”

The firm said the attack had been mitigated and noted that “none of the connected wallets and CEXes were impacted.” The company urged affected users to move their funds using their exported private keys.

The reason why customers lost their money is that one of the employees who was socially engineered into downloading malicious software then connected to the service only to be stopped later. It seems that tracking will be more difficult due to their use of the mixing service.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinstats-hack-1m-eth-transferred-tornado-cash

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

CoinStats exploiter moves almost $1M to Tornado Cash
« on: July 10, 2024, 05:18:02 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1924
  • Last Active: September 22, 2024, 11:14:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Poll Voter
Re: CoinStats exploiter moves almost $1M to Tornado Cash
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2024, 07:30:12 PM »
Wait a minute I thought that Tornado Cash is dead and not working anymore after developers was arrested  :o
CoinStats is now back working but I dont understand why they hold so much coins, they are not exchange, bank or big business.

Offline Husires

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2024, 08:33:30 PM »
Wait a minute I thought that Tornado Cash is dead and not working anymore after developers was arrested  :o
Tornado Cash is non-custodial, smart contract software, the developer was arrested and the domain and GitHub accounts were blocked, but the code exists and can be hosted on any domain and start ethereum mixer.
A million dollars is not a large amount if the service is successful, but it is difficult to regain trust in the service.

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2024, 09:43:20 PM »
Tornado Cash is non-custodial, smart contract software, the developer was arrested and the domain and GitHub accounts were blocked, but the code exists and can be hosted on any domain and start ethereum mixer.
A million dollars is not a large amount if the service is successful, but it is difficult to regain trust in the service.
And who is operating that Tornado code and making updates after developers was sent to prison?
It is not hard for scammers to use the same code to take money from people with scam websites, and I dont know any trusted websites that operate Tornado code for ethereum mixing.

Offline Husires

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2024, 09:36:54 AM »
And who is operating that Tornado code and making updates after developers was sent to prison?
It is not hard for scammers to use the same code to take money from people with scam websites, and I dont know any trusted websites that operate Tornado code for ethereum mixing.
They locally set up IPFS node and accessible Tornado Cash App using IPFS link or manually configuring an endpoint .
I don't want to put links that might be banned but search for IPFS node with TC (I don't recommend this and you might get scammed)

Online Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2332
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 01:53:11 PM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2024, 04:22:41 PM »

There is no website needed and there never was, TornadoCash is truly decentralized, you can't take down the mixer on the Ethereum chain unless you have a fork for the entire blockchain and invalidate the smartcontract, which obviously is not going to happen.
So,  basically TC can never be stopped or seized or anything, but they can still track the coins going in.

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2024, 08:25:13 PM »
They locally set up IPFS node and accessible Tornado Cash App using IPFS link or manually configuring an endpoint .
I don't want to put links that might be banned but search for IPFS node with TC (I don't recommend this and you might get scammed)
This is not bitcointalk forum, you can post all links with mixers and websites with more information about it, this is not going to get you banned.
I dont want to use Tornado for mixing coins but I want to see how it was possible to move so much money in and out of Tornado.
I didnt hear any advertisement or promotion about that.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2024, 08:25:13 PM »

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG