follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: 🌀 UniJoin Stopped Working  (Read 19840 times)

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2078
  • Get Hot Mining Hot for free on Telegram
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 02:18:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster Poll Starter Karma Bad
Re: 🌀 UniJoin.io - CoinJoin Mixer | Your Anonymity Is Our Priority!
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2024, 09:00:48 PM »
Remember the Sinbad episode when campaign participants were getting their payments directly in the Binance accounts and how it triggered an instant verification?
I dont know who did that, but it was not very smart thing to do, it was lazy and maybe they contributed in quicker shutdown and locating of that mixer.

It takes only a few minutes to download and install your own bitcoin wallet, and you dont have to ask anyone for permission to receive, withdraw or sent coins to any address.
I don't think it's about who did it, it was just the participants in the sinbad signature ad campaign who filled in their binance btc address as their payment receiving address, that I believe have nothing to do with the campaign manager, and I wouldnt blame the participants who did that either, because in times when bitcoin transactions fees get too high, and you are going to be selling your bitcoin when you receive them, it's better to receive that bitcoin directly to the exchange, so as to avoid spending extra fund moving the same bitcoin to the exchange.

And actually, that practice did not contribute to any quicker shut down of the mixer or what so ever, the mixer had already been seized and shut down before binance began investing the bitcoin address that held the fund for the mixer's campaign participants, as  well as addresses that received funds from that address.
...HOT.app......Because.It's.Gonna.Be HUGE......Mine.HOT on Telegram...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2024, 09:00:48 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1717
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 05:13:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2024, 11:23:55 PM »
I don't think it's about who did it, it was just the participants in the sinbad signature ad campaign who filled in their binance btc address as their payment receiving address, that I believe have nothing to do with the campaign manager, and I wouldnt blame the participants who did that either, because in times when bitcoin transactions fees get too high, and you are going to be selling your bitcoin when you receive them, it's better to receive that bitcoin directly to the exchange, so as to avoid spending extra fund moving the same bitcoin to the exchange.
No it's not.
If you want to be dumb and use binance exchange to save few dollars on fees you are free to do it, but dont recommend other people as a better way.
You are not counting that exchanges are charging high fees each time you need to withdraw bitcoin, and you dont own bitcoin on exchanges.
I cant believe someone is promoting that mixers should be connected with kyc exchanges, there is no point in using mixers than.

And actually, that practice did not contribute to any quicker shut down of the mixer or what so ever, the mixer had already been seized and shut down before binance began investing the bitcoin address that held the fund for the mixer's campaign participants, as  well as addresses that received funds from that address.
It did contributed because binance is directly connected with analytics companies, and they probably reported it first.
You could send coins directly to them instead  :P

Online examplens

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1892
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 10:57:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Linux User Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2024, 12:37:35 AM »

It did contributed because binance is directly connected with analytics companies, and they probably reported it first.

I was in the Sinbad campaign, and to receive the payment, I used my self-custody wallet. I sent these funds to Binance a couple of times (so not directly from the Sinbad address, but from mine) and I did not receive any requests for additional explanations about the origin of the funds. Therefore, only transactions directly from sinbad>binance were critical.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Z-tight

• Activity: 1018
  • Last Active: Today at 08:00:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2024, 12:44:26 AM »
There was a time I read that the use of CoinJoin is almost like a TOR browser if not set up properly the needed anonymity won't be achieved. Is this true? If yes, how can someone like me who's new in the space of crypto mixing get the needed privacy when using UniJoin?
Take note that CoinJoin implementation and Tor browser are two different things. However, you can access Unijoin through Tor, when you use their onion link, and using Tor is always a better alternative for privacy reasons.

When you use Unijoin, it is important that you use a new address as your receiving address, using a used address to receive mixed funds defeats the purpose of mixing in the first place. You should also set your delay time for receiving coins to be very random and use multiple addresses when receiving funds, dividing them into smaller chunks with varying receiving times.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 12:48:08 AM by Z-tight »

Online dwyane36

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1753
  • Last Active: Today at 10:05:41 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Mobile User Karma Good Karma
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2024, 09:36:54 AM »
I think most people do the same, holding Bitcoin for a rainy day. That’s why you need a mixer like this to do it once and lose traces.But since stablecoins are used more often in everyday life, I think creating a mixer for altcoins is much more relevant.

As you probably noticed, Unijoin has plans to add mixing for altcoins like ETH, LTC, and USDT. So we can only wait for it to appear on the Unijoin site. Personally, I think that LTC mixing may be popular because the LTC network has the MWEB feature, but at the same time, I am somehow skeptical about USDT mixing because the smart contract of this stablecoin allows Tether to blacklist any addresses.

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2024, 08:30:39 PM »
I think most people do the same, holding Bitcoin for a rainy day. That’s why you need a mixer like this to do it once and lose traces.But since stablecoins are used more often in everyday life, I think creating a mixer for altcoins is much more relevant.

As you probably noticed, Unijoin has plans to add mixing for altcoins like ETH, LTC, and USDT. So we can only wait for it to appear on the Unijoin site. Personally, I think that LTC mixing may be popular because the LTC network has the MWEB feature, but at the same time, I am somehow skeptical about USDT mixing because the smart contract of this stablecoin allows Tether to blacklist any addresses.
You are completely right about USDT,  the ability of/for tether to freeze usdt in users wallet is no longer news or a speculation as I believe that many of us here have seen them do this countless of times to some crypto users mostly scammers and hackers.

So, I was also wondering how unijoin will mix usdt without arousing suspicions from tether, and this could pose a big problem for the receiving wallet as tether could freeze the funds and ask to owner to provide the source where the funds were gotten from, this has a far more chances of happening if the fund in question is large.

This is just a speculation though, and I do hope that unijoin will come out with a clear explanation to users on how safe it is to mix usdt before or when the mixer is launched.

Offline Positive

• Activity: 160
  • Cryptocurrency is awesome
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 07:26:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2024, 10:09:09 PM »

I like the idea of having a mixer that will provide service for ETH after the arrest of the Tornado Cash owner and the blacklist of their website.

Out of curiosity, is there a link to the Unijoin announcement regarding the creation of a mixing service that will support ETH, LTC, and USDT?

Because the last time I checked Tether had frozen at least a 500Million USD worth of USDT  to assist law enforcement authorities with a money laundering case so I think it will be hard for a crypto mixer to avoid the same scenario unless there's a decentralized stablecoin they can add to their service.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2024, 10:09:09 PM »

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1717
  • Last Active: Today at 05:13:50 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2024, 10:40:41 PM »
I was in the Sinbad campaign, and to receive the payment, I used my self-custody wallet. I sent these funds to Binance a couple of times (so not directly from the Sinbad address, but from mine) and I did not receive any requests for additional explanations about the origin of the funds. Therefore, only transactions directly from sinbad>binance were critical.
They could blacklist any address they want and sending anything from that address to exchange would trigger automatic alert on their system, that could freeze your account.
I think Unijoin is smarter with addresses than other banned mixer you mentioned and they wont get connected with notorious hackers group.

Offline Joy_learns_crypto

• Activity: 57
  • Last Active: January 29, 2024, 07:55:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Karma Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2024, 11:11:23 PM »

I like the idea of having a mixer that will provide service for ETH after the arrest of the Tornado Cash owner and the blacklist of their website.

Out of curiosity, is there a link to the Unijoin announcement regarding the creation of a mixing service that will support ETH, LTC, and USDT?

Because the last time I checked Tether had frozen at least a 500Million USD worth of USDT  to assist law enforcement authorities with a money laundering case so I think it will be hard for a crypto mixer to avoid the same scenario unless there's a decentralized stablecoin they can add to their service.
I am Also impressed too, although I am a core Bitcoin enthusiast but still I think crypto is an open space and everyone is free to explore the varieties of coins available,  and Ethereum is arguably the next most famous crypto coin aside Bitcoin.

I think this offer would increase the adoption of cryptocurrency because there are holders of altcoins who are looking for ways to perform anonymous transactions and. A mixing services that supports those altcoin would make their lives easier for them.

But do you think that there may be some negative side as we know performing transactions on the Ethereum network fees are very high here, would the fees using an Ethereum mixer be even higher than it's normal transactions? If so people can just convert to Bitcoin and mix the Bitcoin.

Online Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1731
  • Last Active: Today at 11:46:32 PM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2024, 12:39:13 PM »
Remember the Sinbad episode when campaign participants were getting their payments directly in the Binance accounts and how it triggered an instant verification?
I dont know who did that, but it was not very smart thing to do, it was lazy and maybe they contributed in quicker shutdown and locating of that mixer.

It takes only a few minutes to download and install your own bitcoin wallet, and you dont have to ask anyone for permission to receive, withdraw or sent coins to any address.

You see, that's the problem!
Treating a signature campaign as your weekly and monthly wage, relying on that entirely so that you're forced to sell it every time and not even affording a fee hop!
Not only that, but there are numerous times exchanges have changed the deposit address for accounts sometime seven without notifying the users, so you could have lost a payment just because you kept the old address there and didn't know it's not valid anymore!

Stop treating an exchange you have no clue where it's headquartered and that answers you only with an AI chat bot to your enquires like a bank, and do what bitcoin was supposed to be, your own damn bank in the first place!

Because the last time I checked Tether had frozen at least a 500Million USD worth of USDT  to assist law enforcement authorities with a money laundering case so I think it will be hard for a crypto mixer to avoid the same scenario unless there's a decentralized stablecoin they can add to their service.

You can still use Tornado Cash to mix your coins, the smart contract is still active, the problem is exchanges refusing coins labeled coming from there, which will be the same pain in the ass for USDT in case of a mixer. Since this is a centralized protocol, all the coins are issued by them, they can control everything, I don't really see the point in trying to mix them, it's a bit asking for trouble, probably the reason why everybody stayed out of it to this point.
ETH and LTC yeah, nice addition, USDT...not really sold on the idea!

Online dkbit98

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1728
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 10:56:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Quick Poster Fourth year Anniversary Poll Starter
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2024, 05:16:13 PM »
You can still use Tornado Cash to mix your coins, the smart contract is still active, the problem is exchanges refusing coins labeled coming from there, which will be the same pain in the ass for USDT in case of a mixer.
Best solution for this is switching to decentralized exchanges and doing p2p trading.
Otherwise they can just invent new reasons some day to block transactions because you said or posted something against government online and they just blacklist your known addresses, or if you refused obey them in any way.
Social credit system plus CBDC means they can simply switch you off from everything.
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Don Pedro Dinero

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1657
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 03:21:47 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Poll Voter Search
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2024, 05:51:28 PM »
Does anyone have any idea how I should do it if I want to send satoshis that I have in a mobile wallet to Unijoin.io to receive them in my addresses that I manage with HW from my computer?

The other time I mixed some coins but from my computer with HW to my computer, using Tor to access Unijoin.io. If I want to try with my mobile I don't know what I should use, as I don't use anything similar to Tor and I understand that on mobile it's not so private.

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2024, 06:46:36 PM »
No it's not.
If you want to be dumb and use binance exchange to save few dollars on fees you are free to do it, but dont recommend other people as a better way.
You are not counting that exchanges are charging high fees each time you need to withdraw bitcoin, and you dont own bitcoin on exchanges.
I cant believe someone is promoting that mixers should be connected with kyc exchanges, there is no point in using mixers than.
Sorry but may be you read and try to comprehend well before replying, I never did recommend anybody use a centralized exchange for receiving payment for whatever service they render, and I was also not promoting that mixers be connected to centralized exchanges either, what or all I said was based on what I saw other people do, and the reasons they gave for doing it.

You can only speak for yourself, not for other persons who were also promoting sinbad before it got seized and brought down, I know 3 users who were receiving payment for their sinbad signature ad campaign directly to their binance account, do you want me to mention their names? Or show you our chat to confirm? Of course I won't do any of that, but just so you know, that I know what I said when I said what I said.
I wasn't advising or encouraging any body to receive their Payment directly to a centralized exchange, or connect a kyc exchange to a mixer, like I've said, before, what I said was based on what some of the participants in that campaign did, and what they said was their reason for doing it.

I still Stand on that which I said, probability is not certainty, and when you are not certain about something, using the word "probably" simply means you are not sure something is truth or false, and in such situation, what which we saw and are able to confirm, becomes the truth.
Sinbad was seized and shut down before binance announced that they were investigating the wallet that held funds for their campaign participants.
Believe it or not, this is what I know.

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2024, 07:00:33 PM »
Does anyone have any idea how I should do it if I want to send satoshis that I have in a mobile wallet to Unijoin.io to receive them in my addresses that I manage with HW from my computer?

The other time I mixed some coins but from my computer with HW to my computer, using Tor to access Unijoin.io. If I want to try with my mobile I don't know what I should use, as I don't use anything similar to Tor and I understand that on mobile it's not so private.
Well, I think tor does have a mobile version which you can download from Google play store if you use Android, not sure about iPhone since I don't use iPhone, but you search the iPhone app store to see if it's listed there as well.
So if you are downloading tor for Android, then you will also have to download orbot, since both apps work together, orbot is a VPN app from tor, it's free and works very well, you could select any app on your phone to connect to the VPN, for example, your Browser, and only that will access the VPN service.

So, if you want to use your mobile phone to mix coins on unijoin, i believe you know it will still work without tor, as I have tried it myself, but like you said, you want it so private, then I recommend using orbot alongside tor, for total privacy, just connect your orbot VPN to your tor Browser.

Online paid2

• Activity: 1029
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 11:31:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes Quick Poster
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2024, 08:06:11 PM »
I wasn't advising or encouraging any body to receive their Payment directly to a centralized exchange, or connect a kyc exchange to a mixer, like I've said, before, what I said was based on what some of the participants in that campaign did, and what they said was their reason for doing it.

Yeah it is risky imo, and avoidable. A lot of risks are unnecessarily added with centralized exchanges.

This conversation is a good opportunity to share a very interesting article from Unijoin: Differences between CEXs and DEXs
When an exchange is licensed, it imposes not only its internal rules but also those of government. Centralized, licensed exchanges introduce at least six unnecessary risks to their customers: the possible dishonesty of an exchange, bad actors from outside, identity theft, incompetence, collapse, and affiliation with government. Some risks come from being centralized; some come from being licensed.