follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Anonymity - good or bad?  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1139
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 14, 2024, 02:34:31 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
Re: Anonymity - good or bad?
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2024, 03:02:32 AM »
The anonymity is the best in the crypto community but to some extent we are still identifying some members through the identification of the country base their accent and locale the person comes from. Recently my country government asked Binance to release the uses of the exchange in the country to them but Binance refused. And if the government had an assessed and access the users database then many people that are in the cryptocurrency ecosystem Bank accounts would been blocked, banned and stopped from operating. But the anonymity helps us.

The same is the situation in our country, the government doesn't consider Binance or other trading apps or platforms legal, they say they are illegal and anything you do regarding cryptocurrencies is illegal even though there is no clear law about it so far. The banking sector is extremely against cryptocurrencies, you can't make transactions or use an account for cryptocurrency trading purposes.

If you have a bank account and you are suspected by the bank for being involved in cryptocurrencies, they will block your account and freeze your funds immediately, and when you ask them the reason, they will say you need to provide proof of funds to get your account released and funds unfrozen.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2024, 03:02:32 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Online Daiana

• Activity: 48
  • New in crypto, very interested in stablecoins
  • Last Active: Today at 03:02:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Poll Voter 10 Posts Avatar
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2024, 04:17:28 AM »
The anonymity is the best in the crypto community but to some extent we are still identifying some members through the identification of the country base their accent and locale the person comes from. Recently my country government asked Binance to release the uses of the exchange in the country to them but Binance refused. And if the government had an assessed and access the users database then many people that are in the cryptocurrency ecosystem Bank accounts would been blocked, banned and stopped from operating. But the anonymity helps us.

The same is the situation in our country, the government doesn't consider Binance or other trading apps or platforms legal, they say they are illegal and anything you do regarding cryptocurrencies is illegal even though there is no clear law about it so far. The banking sector is extremely against cryptocurrencies, you can't make transactions or use an account for cryptocurrency trading purposes.

If you have a bank account and you are suspected by the bank for being involved in cryptocurrencies, they will block your account and freeze your funds immediately, and when you ask them the reason, they will say you need to provide proof of funds to get your account released and funds unfrozen.

Wow that seems crazy. Can I ask which country that is? 

Offline Litzki1990

• Activity: 934
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 11:20:02 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    500 Posts Topic Starter Karma Good
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2024, 04:54:40 AM »
If you want to keep secret about something and if you keep it secret then it is definitely good for you. I think that in all cases one should keep to one's privacy because when one can keep one's privacy then people will not talk about me so much or people will not care about me so much. When the other person will know about my affairs and if we ever have a bad relationship with him, he will try to harm me in that regard. So whatever work we do if we can do it alone then we should protect the confidentiality of that work.

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1185
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 11:24:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2024, 06:27:27 AM »
If you want to keep secret about something and if you keep it secret then it is definitely good for you. I think that in all cases one should keep to one's privacy because when one can keep one's privacy then people will not talk about me so much or people will not care about me so much. When the other person will know about my affairs and if we ever have a bad relationship with him, he will try to harm me in that regard. So whatever work we do if we can do it alone then we should protect the confidentiality of that work.
You're absolutely right.
The less exposure you get and the less people know about you or your business, the better for you, especially when it comes to crypto currency, the crypto space is filled with lots of risks and challenges, risks from scammers and hacker, and challenges from the government.
We're all fully aware that the government has always been against the idea of crypto so since they're not able to entirely eradicate crypto, they sort for means to extort crypto holders, so in times like this, the best thing is to stay anonymous and hidden from these dangers and challenges.

Offline LUCKMCFLY

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 12:11:10 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2024, 08:10:24 PM »
You're absolutely right.
The less exposure you get and the less people know about you or your business, the better for you, especially when it comes to crypto currency, the crypto space is filled with lots of risks and challenges, risks from scammers and hacker, and challenges from the government.
We're all fully aware that the government has always been against the idea of crypto so since they're not able to entirely eradicate crypto, they sort for means to extort crypto holders, so in times like this, the best thing is to stay anonymous and hidden from these dangers and challenges.

I will always be a fan of Anonymity, of privacy and governments do not like that we have that right, because they want to have control of absolutely everything, where they cannot have control with our cryptocurrencies and the only way is to put them. in your hands. our data through the platforms, I think that is a danger because they can play tricks on us, I think that we have to manage everything from the most distant point of view of things that are very difficult and that put us in danger, so To Avoid these things, and the fact that data enters the web with records of how much money is on the platforms, it is good not to participate in this KYC.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Last Active: May 19, 2024, 11:24:39 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2024, 02:41:01 AM »
You're absolutely right.

I will always be a fan of Anonymity, of privacy and governments do not like that we have that right, because they want to have control of absolutely everything, where they cannot have control with our cryptocurrencies and the only way is to put them. in your hands. our data through the platforms, I think that is a danger because they can play tricks on us, I think that we have to manage everything from the most distant point of view of things that are very difficult and that put us in danger, so To Avoid these things, and the fact that data enters the web with records of how much money is on the platforms, it is good not to participate in this KYC.
All you've said is correct.
Cryptocurrency has indeed removed the power to make all the financial decisions from the government and has transferred that power to the individuals, now individuals can decide on what happens to their money, without being questioned or interference from other central authorities.
This has indeed been the problem of the government with crypto investors, they often say damn these people are just making so much money in our country and we don't even get to decide on how they spend it or get any share from that money, and this is exactly the reasom why the government are juat so interested in fishing out crypto investors all look for ways to extort and also swindle from them.

Offline Vx1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2409
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 01:14:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2024, 07:45:22 AM »
How many of us use aliases in the crypto world? It's fascinating how biases related to sex, age, skin color, or body type seem irrelevant here—it's purely about your ideas and actions. I was on a call the other day, the presenter used a voice changer and there was no video. It felt freeing to engage purely based on the exchange of thoughts.

However, this anonymity has its downsides, it's easy to get scammed. Additionally, there are legal concerns, especially regarding taxation. Some countries are even reducing anonymity to prevent tax evasion. What do you think is a good balance between maintaining privacy and reducing potential misuse in the crypto space?
In the real world, I think that anonymity cannot be used properly, but in the crypto world, which is actually the virtual world, the digital world, I think this is not a problem. 
Regarding fraud and violations of the law, starting from ourselves we must be aware that the crypto world is indeed vulnerable to these things. 
So we have to be extra careful, because if we lose here we won't be able to complain to anyone and recover our lost assets.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2024, 07:45:22 AM »

Online Daiana

• View Profile

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2024, 04:24:41 AM »
How many of us use aliases in the crypto world? It's fascinating how biases related to sex, age, skin color, or body type seem irrelevant here—it's purely about your ideas and actions. I was on a call the other day, the presenter used a voice changer and there was no video. It felt freeing to engage purely based on the exchange of thoughts.

However, this anonymity has its downsides, it's easy to get scammed. Additionally, there are legal concerns, especially regarding taxation. Some countries are even reducing anonymity to prevent tax evasion. What do you think is a good balance between maintaining privacy and reducing potential misuse in the crypto space?
In the real world, I think that anonymity cannot be used properly, but in the crypto world, which is actually the virtual world, the digital world, I think this is not a problem. 
Regarding fraud and violations of the law, starting from ourselves we must be aware that the crypto world is indeed vulnerable to these things. 
So we have to be extra careful, because if we lose here we won't be able to complain to anyone and recover our lost assets.

Yes, there are always trade-offs.

Offline Rubel007

• Activity: 1097
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 11:33:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    1000 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2024, 04:50:25 AM »

Being anonymous has some pros and cons. However, the rise of the crypto world is primarily due to anonymity, but recent human misconduct has made governments concerned about anonymity. As a financial libertarian, I would certainly support anonymity in the crypto space, but anonymity has become very difficult these days. Various crypto platforms are hindering their anonymity by implementing KYC. Anonymity is certainly good for an honest person but anonymity for those who want to abuse means that they increase the limits of their crime.

Online Daiana

• View Profile

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2024, 09:50:16 PM »

Being anonymous has some pros and cons. However, the rise of the crypto world is primarily due to anonymity, but recent human misconduct has made governments concerned about anonymity. As a financial libertarian, I would certainly support anonymity in the crypto space, but anonymity has become very difficult these days. Various crypto platforms are hindering their anonymity by implementing KYC. Anonymity is certainly good for an honest person but anonymity for those who want to abuse means that they increase the limits of their crime.

Of course. It's much easier to commit crime as well against people who are anonymous, it takes away a barrier that I think many people have. Just as many can write very bad comments online but would never say those comments to a person directly..

Offline enwi

• Activity: 312
  • Last Active: Today at 12:43:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Topic Starter Super active 50 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2024, 05:07:45 AM »

Being anonymous may indeed have pros and cons, the main purpose of creating bitcoin is not to make transactions anonymous because we know that all transactions are neatly recorded in the blockchain big data. So that when we want to make a transaction to purchase an item, we can see the owner's wallet address and even the nominal amount of bitcoin they have. For me personally, being anonymous is a good thing because it won't interfere with our privacy in the real world.

Offline Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 864
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 02:43:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM »

-     Many countries still consider Binance to be an illegal platform. But if you look at the Binance management, they are willing to comply to be able to operate legally in a country or government that they will enter for the communities they have.

Apart from this, the only sad thing is that the bank will suddenly block their users just because it is suspected that they have no proof. It's like if you go through the legal council in court, they make accusations, and then they want the person they accused to prove that they're right. Isn't that stupid? Because in court, that is not possible; instead, you should be the accuser who proves that what you think of someone is correct, because if you don't have evidence, you will come out as a liar. That's just their system, or, in short, "f*ck management and system they have."

Online Agbe

• Activity: 1192
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 03:34:44 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Quick Poster 1000 Posts
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2024, 02:25:02 PM »
       -     Many countries still consider Binance to be an illegal platform. But if you look at the Binance management, they are willing to comply to be able to operate legally in a country or government that they will enter for the communities they have.
It is not only Binance complying with government policy Binance itself has a lot work to do and Binance allow it vendors to operate freely with monitoring them. And because of that Binance vendors set a price that far above the normal exchange rate of the country and that is the major cause of everything Binance with any government. And that is the currency manipulation the government is talking about. Binance vendors manipulate the economy of the country by inflating the price above the normal price the government set. Therefore for Binance to do well in any country, the management have to always check the vendors prices that tagged on the platform for sellers and buyer to trade.  And also pay their tax then everything will go well with them. Let them follow the national economic policies and not to manipulate the economy in the country.

Online Gurujebs

• Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 04:16:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2024, 02:25:22 PM »

By law, there is right to freedom and there is right to privacy and the government recognizes this very well but they will want to hide under power to deny people their right. This is why when you see some of this agency trying so hard to crackdown a particular protocol that offers privacy, they don't win in court unless when there is too much room from fraud that is obvious and nothing was done about it. We have that right to protect the world from seeing what we don't want them to see and it's not debatable.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Sim_card

• Activity: 875
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 08:57:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2024, 02:47:01 PM »

I am happy that cryptocurrency gives a high level of privacy and anonymity, if not the government would have fund a means to punish those citizens that are violating the law of the government that say citizens should not use cryptocurrency. It is because of they will not be able to trace users easily if you are using p2p for trading, exchanges too understand that the government is against their business and they have also remain silent and trade without the government knowing their activities. If it wasn't for privacy that cryptocurrency gives to us, many of us might have been put behind bars. If you are scared of being scammed because the do not know who you are dealing with, then be very careful. Bitcoin benefits is better than the opposite side.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG