follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: HODLing Altcoins  (Read 13451 times)

Offline CryptoLaila

• Activity: 160
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 12:53:34 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Posts Avatar 50 Posts
Re: HODLing Altcoins
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2024, 05:57:28 PM »
I think in order to be willing to HOLD a token for a few months to a few years, investors need to conduct fundamental analysis to predict the long-term growth potential of that project: how big that field will be in the future, how many % of market share will the project capture, how much $B the total capitalization can reach. Without a well-founded belief, HOLDing a token is very difficult!
Exactly HODLing a token is very difficult and dangerous maybe :D ,is it even advisable to hold a token for a year?? and also, almost all altcoins has their purpose and most of them get dumped after the purpose has been served so your holding  should based on a proper  knowledge and understanding of the purpose of such a token and I guess  it's FA:)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 06:28:00 PM by CryptoLaila »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2024, 05:57:28 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Gurujebs

• Activity: 1178
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 06:11:12 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2024, 06:18:55 PM »
I don't find it right to hodl altcoins... Of course, major altcoins are generally reliable, but we all know the recent performance of EOS and LTC, which were once seen as major altcoins, or we all know the performance of XRP in the last bull season. None of these coins reached their ATH levels in the last bull season. Of course, I would like to say that I consider Ethereum in a separate category from other altcoins, but I look at it as a profit-oriented rather than a long-term investment tool. I'm a bit pessimistic about it...

Altcoins are good investment though, people hold them not because they really want to, if Bitcoin can give them that protection and at the same time give them huge profits, they will only hold Bitcoin in their wallet but it is not. This is why many people like altcoins simply because of the profits but the challenge of the risk is what I fear the most in altcoins.

XRP was the big gem in 2023 because they won the battle against SEC about been a security but the court grant them "not guilty" and they won the case which lead to the rise of the coin, beyond that now there is no any benefit that I'm seeing coming.

Litecoin on the hand was influence because of it's halving that happened but didn't gain a lot traction like Bitcoin use to do and now it's acting like it might not go anywhere again but maybe with Bitcoin growth it will. I just think later 1 and layer 2 coins are still worth holding for now.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online JoyMarsha

• Activity: 831
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 01:24:33 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter 500 Posts
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2024, 10:58:34 PM »
How do you know an altcoin will be good for HODLing?
I start by knowing their launch date, their high and low price, the teams behind it, their roadmap, their circulating supply, and how much was raised from investors.

Knowing about these mentioned factors would help me to know whether I am to invest in the altcoin, and at what price.

I mostly prefer coins that have stayed in the crypto space for 6 months and above, to know when how profitable they will be in the future(for short term purposes anyway).

How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
Currently, I am not hodling much. It is only bitcoin that I am hodling patiently, waiting for the bull run to take effect so that I can sell some part of it and hodl the rest for many years even I am going to buy some during the bearish market

Offline robelneo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1868
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 11:51:56 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Sixth year Anniversary Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2024, 08:45:33 AM »

• How do you know an altcoin will be good for HODLing?
  • How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
There are risks HODLing altcoins, especially those altcoins that launched in the last three years, the market share for altcoins is very competitive, it used to be if you were going to launch a new chain, investors would support it, and it is easy to attract and launch a community, it's different now, there are so many chains competing so if you're going to HODLing altcoins be sure to follow its development.

If the developers are capable and have the motivation to complete the roadmap, so many developers left the project after they made a fortune on their project, so be quick to dump if you see the developers have no intention to pursue the project.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1783
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 06:35:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2024, 10:47:01 AM »
With so many altcoins, it is a challenge for us because it will confuse us. Many atcoins are predicted to have a good future, but in the end they don't achieve anything for years. on the other hand there are also altcoins that we don't predict to achieve something in the future, they can actually reach higher prices.

There is no guarantee of that, maybe one option is to choose a coin that is in the top 10, yes it can be one of the choices if we want to invest in altcoins.

I myself prefer to invest in alcoins for a short time to take profits, after that I can use the profits to invest in bitcoin.
Well that is a wiser course of action. Because I also do that. But I personally still have a medium term investment in altcoins. But I only buy when a big event is about to happen. Like Avax, where the fundamental news has clearly spread and also received confirmation. So when the price was still around 13 USD I entered and even now I'm still holding it. Apart from Avax, I also have other collections.

But mostly I only buy altcoins according to the trending season. And I always sell it immediately when I have a profit.
Well true, fundamentals are one that can be used as a basis for buying altcoins, usually fundamentals are very influential on the existence of altcoins that will increase in the future. I also do the same thing about this.

I think almost everyone does that, but we also don't get carried away by emotions and don't want to be left behind. For example, when the price has risen and reached ATH we have to consider everything because in my opinion it is part of FOMO. Because if we do that maybe we should hold it longer, because by the time other people have already taken profits, we are late and just entered the market.

Offline Uruhara

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1210
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 08:37:38 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2024, 11:52:39 AM »
With so many altcoins, it is a challenge for us because it will confuse us. Many atcoins are predicted to have a good future, but in the end they don't achieve anything for years. on the other hand there are also altcoins that we don't predict to achieve something in the future, they can actually reach higher prices.

There is no guarantee of that, maybe one option is to choose a coin that is in the top 10, yes it can be one of the choices if we want to invest in altcoins.

I myself prefer to invest in alcoins for a short time to take profits, after that I can use the profits to invest in bitcoin.
Well that is a wiser course of action. Because I also do that. But I personally still have a medium term investment in altcoins. But I only buy when a big event is about to happen. Like Avax, where the fundamental news has clearly spread and also received confirmation. So when the price was still around 13 USD I entered and even now I'm still holding it. Apart from Avax, I also have other collections.

But mostly I only buy altcoins according to the trending season. And I always sell it immediately when I have a profit.
Well true, fundamentals are one that can be used as a basis for buying altcoins, usually fundamentals are very influential on the existence of altcoins that will increase in the future. I also do the same thing about this.

I think almost everyone does that, but we also don't get carried away by emotions and don't want to be left behind. For example, when the price has risen and reached ATH we have to consider everything because in my opinion it is part of FOMO. Because if we do that maybe we should hold it longer, because by the time other people have already taken profits, we are late and just entered the market.
Well, it's true that this is what we need to be most aware of and what we must avoid, namely FOMO. Maybe those who are experienced in trading altcoins will not fall into the FOMO trap. But for beginners, sometimes they are still influenced by hype and become afraid of missing out so they enter when prices are high.

Emotional control or emotional management is important in crypto trading. Because without good emotional management, sometimes a trader can experience large losses. Because the indicators of fear and greed will be difficult for them to understand, which will result in them having difficulty determining when to enter and when to exit.

Offline Jamal Aezaz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1600
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 09:26:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Quick Poster Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2024, 12:26:39 PM »
I don't find it right to hodl altcoins... Of course, major altcoins are generally reliable,
You mean major altcoins are generally shitcoins, right? because I don't think major altcoins are reliable. in CoinMarketcap there are around 8700 Coins/Tokens listed. and only 200 or a maximum of 300 of them can be considered Good altcoins. Rest of them all are shitcoins and not worth Holding.
You can only use them for trading short term if there is any good signals, or you can earn them from bounty or airdrops programs and sell them whenever you get a chance.
If anyone looking for a good altcoin for holding long term then he should consider an altcoin within top 100 list. or just stick with Bitcoin. which is best option for holding.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2024, 12:26:39 PM »

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1730
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 11:32:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2024, 04:38:29 AM »
I don't find it right to hodl altcoins... Of course, major altcoins are generally reliable,
You mean major altcoins are generally shitcoins, right? because I don't think major altcoins are reliable. in CoinMarketcap there are around 8700 Coins/Tokens listed. and only 200 or a maximum of 300 of them can be considered Good altcoins. Rest of them all are shitcoins and not worth Holding.
You can only use them for trading short term if there is any good signals, or you can earn them from bounty or airdrops programs and sell them whenever you get a chance.
If anyone looking for a good altcoin for holding long term then he should consider an altcoin within top 100 list. or just stick with Bitcoin. which is best option for holding.

Can you identify which top altcoins you say can give us profit in a short period? I can say that most of the altcoins are shitcoins. Is that also among the 300 that you are talking about? Do you have that list? Why don't you give the names of the coins so that somehow we can help other crypto communities here so they can get a profit?

As many say that the rest of the altcoins are shitcoins when you hold many cryptocurrencies that you say are shitcoins, Maybe the other one you hold is years old but has no value, but at least you are hoping that one day it might suddenly give you a profit. Whether you admit it or not, whether it's a shitcoin or not, it still can't make a profit. In short, all cryptos can make a profit for us; it just depends on what we do.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1783
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 06:35:37 PM
    • View Profile

Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2024, 08:02:49 PM »

Well, it's true that this is what we need to be most aware of and what we must avoid, namely FOMO. Maybe those who are experienced in trading altcoins will not fall into the FOMO trap. But for beginners, sometimes they are still influenced by hype and become afraid of missing out so they enter when prices are high.

Emotional control or emotional management is important in crypto trading. Because without good emotional management, sometimes a trader can experience large losses. Because the indicators of fear and greed will be difficult for them to understand, which will result in them having difficulty determining when to enter and when to exit.

People will do 2 things in an investment in altcoins, the first they will do FUD so that many people are afraid and the second they will exaggerate the news so that many people get FOMO.

Doing the second is none other than because they have entered early, they want prices to skyrocket because many people are affected by FOMO and when it works then they will take advantage.

Usually those who do this are people who are already a community and their movements are organized, because if they succeed they will get a lot of benefits.

Offline debra

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1676
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 11:15:04 AM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2024, 10:53:39 PM »
  • How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
1. I will choose the altcoins that have strong fundamentals and the progress of the altcoins are clear enough. If we want to safe choosing the altcoins, we can choose the top 50 altcoins. I think most top 50 coins are good coins, they already trusted enough.

2. I usually hold for 4 years. I follow the 4 years cycle to take profits. Now, I am holding some crypto coins since 2022, I bough many coins at that time. I set the target to sell in 2024-2025.

...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline TopT3ns

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1480
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 07:24:30 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    too active, 25 Posts in one day Topic Starter 1000 Posts
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2024, 11:37:08 PM »
1. I will choose the altcoins that have strong fundamentals and the progress of the altcoins are clear enough. If we want to safe choosing the altcoins, we can choose the top 50 altcoins. I think most top 50 coins are good coins, they already trusted enough.

2. I usually hold for 4 years. I follow the 4 years cycle to take profits. Now, I am holding some crypto coins since 2022, I bough many coins at that time. I set the target to sell in 2024-2025.
The top 50 altcoins are a very wide selection. I prefer to choose altcoins in the top 10–20 on Coinmarketcap so that, in that way, I can minimize risks that might occur at any time. The large number of altcoins in circulation makes traders confused, but this problem can be overcome well when you know the important points that can give altcoins high prices.

Offline DAMKAR

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 05:11:07 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2024, 12:21:36 AM »

The top 50 altcoins are a very wide selection. I prefer to choose altcoins in the top 10–20 on Coinmarketcap so that, in that way, I can minimize risks that might occur at any time. The large number of altcoins in circulation makes traders confused, but this problem can be overcome well when you know the important points that can give altcoins high prices.

trading Top 10-20 coins is good.
Those coins are more stable than top 50 coins.
Although not stability in crypto currency market.
TBH, I prefer used bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, SOL and DOT
I like to choose coins which have high volume.
Always learn about the coins and the character.

Offline dekafee79

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2538
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 03:47:32 PM
    • View Profile

2500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2024, 01:21:26 PM »

if it is about holding alt coins, then I would immediately think about top coins. not referring to new coins even though they are very famous and have gone up a lot recently. because the goal is for holding, I will choose the top coin and have a high market cap as well as strong use cases and fundamental points.

Absolutely yes, I think top coins for hold.
      Bitcoin , Ethereum, BNB, Solana, Ripple, DOT, Cardano, Avax.
      The coins that I mentioned are very potential and popular.
      Don't invest or hold in meme coins.
      As many people said meme coins are just hype and FOMO.
      Not suitable for long term investment.

I think If we want to hold the top coins, maybe hold for two or three years.
        Because  ATH will always happen every four years.
        So, buy when bearish the hold for 2-3 years.[/list][/list][/list][/list]

Offline Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 842
        • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 04:35:36 PM
          • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
          500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
        « Reply #58 on: January 27, 2024, 01:39:24 PM »
        How do you know an altcoin will be good for HODLing?
        Mostly, I analyze the fundamentals of the altcoins. I only invest in the altcoins that have strong fundamentals. And I usually choose the top 50 altcoins for my long term holding. I rarely invest in new altcoins because most new altcoins aren't trustable. Many of them are scams and failed projects.

How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
        I usually hold for 4 years. It is because we have 4 years cycle of bullish-bearish. I buy the crypto coins during the bearish season, then I will take profits in the bullrun/bullish season. I repeat my investment every 4 years, I think this is the safe target to take in the crypto assets.

-   It's a pity that during the bearish season, I didn't buy the top altcoins in the market to accumulate them. I only started last year because I also have expenses that must be prioritized. Then, when I have enough, I can buy altcoins little by little through DCA, as most long-term holders do.

Right now some of my cryptocurrency holdings are Matic, Shib, Bonk, Arb, Bnb, and Qtum, and I won't say the others that I hold as long as all my crypto holdings are top-listed altcoins.

Offline JISAN

• Legendary
        • Activity: 1280
        • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 09:29:36 PM
          • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
        « Reply #59 on: January 27, 2024, 06:03:37 PM »
        I know that hodling have no liquidations, and it's far better than trading in terms of risk, but I think buying a coin without enough knowledge to hodl is not a good idea since there are lot of investors who put their investments into sleep because the price went below their buying price, and it's true to year 2021. Lot of investors who bought at the peak where they thought that price will continue to increase, but the price went in the opposite direction. So if you have enough knowledge, you could minimize the risks of being one of them.
        You can invest on top altcoin without good knowledge about crypto or altcoins. top altcoins means Ethereum, Binance Coin, Solana, TRON, etc...those altcoins are already very popular and enough to generate good profit for long term investment. you must have to invest for long term to get a good amount of profit but if you are panic seller then you will instead of profit

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
        BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
        BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
        BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG