follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Why do we pay taxes?  (Read 2089 times)

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1913
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 12:00:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
Re: Why do we pay taxes?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2024, 10:32:03 AM »
there are no mechanisms to verify the real gold reserves of the holding countries.

Of course there are
They are called audits

Something the US government is refusing to do since 1953
They even refuse of auditing the gold reserves that other countries keep in the USA

Well, you see, it all comes down to "and the US...", "and the US doesn't do this....", "and the US does that..." :) I.e. the goal is not to create a better scheme for everyone, but to force the USA not to live the way they used to live :)

And this is an indicator that the project is not realized. When we do something "AGAINST" (in this case the emphasis is against the USA, without mentioning any other countries) and not "FOR" (everyone), we destroy but not create.

PS Tell me, China, Russia, South Africa, Iran, Germany, and other countries are conducting audits, I understand correctly ? :)

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2024, 10:32:03 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Celsius

• Activity: 120
  • Last Active: April 18, 2024, 10:22:45 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    too active, 25 Posts in one day 100 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2024, 04:57:13 AM »
In a country, it is the duty of the citizens to pay taxes in order to maintain the development of the country. These taxes are imposed on the citizens by the government. In my country, they deduct it directly from the salaries of the citizens, in only government institutions only, and they are called the civil servants.
In my country income tax is currently made mandatory especially excise duty is levied on the purchase of goods.  But the government cannot run its country well without the taxes we pay.  It takes money to run a country and that money is collected by the government from the people called taxes.  Citizens at all stages of life have certain mandatory responsibilities from which the country has to be managed.  To manage a country, the government alone does not have to perform the responsibility, in this case, the citizens have to play a role in the economic development of the country by performing the responsibility with the government.  The biggest challenge facing the government in this economic development is collecting taxes from the citizens.

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 757
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 04:56:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2024, 10:34:20 AM »
I have already written, if we are talking about a real gold standard - this scheme will not work, for a banal reason - there are no mechanisms to verify the real gold reserves of the holding countries.

Of course there are
they are called audits

If you say, gold standard can't work today, it's your opinion.
I disagree, but I respect it.

If you say, gold standard was abandoned because it didn't work, that's factually false.
Gold standard was abandoned not because it didn't work.
It worked very well.
It was a political decision.
The US gov needed money in order to keep throwing bombs on the Vietnamese

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2024, 08:00:54 PM »
I have already written, if we are talking about a real gold standard - this scheme will not work, for a banal reason - there are no mechanisms to verify the real gold reserves of the holding countries.

Of course there are
they are called audits

If you say, gold standard can't work today, it's your opinion.
I disagree, but I respect it.

If you say, gold standard was abandoned because it didn't work, that's factually false.
Gold standard was abandoned not because it didn't work.
It worked very well.
It was a political decision.
The US gov needed money in order to keep throwing bombs on the Vietnamese

With all due respect, I can't agree :) Or let's discuss what would be more productive and interesting !

1. audit - where can we read the results of the audit of state gold reserves in China, Russia, Iran, and let it be Germany ?
I will answer in advance, from my side - there is no such data. There are only official statements, but not the audit.

2. With the gold standard not everything is so simple.... The gold standard worked well in times before the 20th century. By the second half gold became not the most convenient measure of value, for many, both subjective and objective reasons (we can discuss).
And most countries have embraced the idea of changing the asset to measure value.  No, they were not forced or coerced, they accepted the idea themselves because of the lack of others and the inconvenience of the "gold standard".
And after that gold became not a measure of price, but a commodity, the price of which was regulated by the market, including speculative actions. That is why the time of stability and low volatility ended, and from about 60s gold as a commodity started market price rally. That is what we are witnessing now. The key point is that gold ceased to be a currency or a measure of price and became a commodity.

I'm ready to hear your opinion !

PS the US changed the gold standard to bomb Vietnam ? ! I have heard many "interesting" versions, but this is new :)) Ok - then it turns out that gold was necessary for example Gaddafi - to destroy the opposition. Russia - for international terror, and China - well, let it be for the seizure of Taiwan ? Or maybe the U.S. needed money to weaken the USSR, which in Vietnam did not organize a nuclear and biological war and did not destroy Mexico and then the whole world ? :) My THEORY also has a right to life, and a logical statement ! Or ? :)

Let's not use dubious PROPOSALS ? We are intelligent adults, aren't we ?

When a problem is solved by "assigning a single culprit" because "it's convenient" or "it's the way you like it" - it usually indicates some bias in the solution, or a search for a "convenient answer". Yes, I recognize that the U.S. has been both more cunning and smarter and more nimble than others. But it also suggests that the rest of the world was dumber, less resourceful and unconvincing against the US. Let's not confuse PREFERENCES with AWESOMENESS or PERSONAL INFLUENCE, and assess the situation objectively.
It is more interesting that way, and what is important - you can find a logical and truthful explanation of the situation :)

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2024, 09:30:00 PM »
In a country, it is the duty of the citizens to pay taxes in order to maintain the development of the country. These taxes are imposed on the citizens by the government. In my country, they deduct it directly from the salaries of the citizens, in only government institutions only, and they are called the civil servants.
In my country income tax is currently made mandatory especially excise duty is levied on the purchase of goods.  But the government cannot run its country well without the taxes we pay.  It takes money to run a country and that money is collected by the government from the people called taxes.  Citizens at all stages of life have certain mandatory responsibilities from which the country has to be managed.  To manage a country, the government alone does not have to perform the responsibility, in this case, the citizens have to play a role in the economic development of the country by performing the responsibility with the government.  The biggest challenge facing the government in this economic development is collecting taxes from the citizens.
For me the only challenge was that government being too corrupt to even use taxes for their own interest as it is a given fact even in the early ages that we the people has to pay taxes as it is the norm but not the corrupt. And you are correct based on my understanding taxes runs a country and the lesser the tax I think it also has a lesser economic growth not unless a country is a wealthy one.

Offline Gurujebs

• Activity: 1083
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 11:57:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2024, 09:36:51 PM »
I just wanted to say that all the government knows what they are doing. In reality, without taxes been paid, there wouldn't be developments and when people py taxes, they are mean to enjoy their taxes but because of corruptions and looting, they don't properly allocate these funds and even when they allocate this money, they embezle the money.

If one day the government decide to make it's fiat money run through a decentralized blockchain where the money inflow and outflow can be trace, trust me corruption will cease to exist, people will b scared to looth government taxes because clearly that's what they do.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2024, 04:56:33 PM »
Perhaps the simplest and most straightforward explanation of why we pay taxes is the "economic interaction" between the citizen and the state. We can think of it as a "hotel" where citizens stay. However, the hotel is clearly not 5* and the service is clearly not of ultra-all level :)
But, to us (the state) the hotel provides some services, maintains some minimum stability, sometimes gives free medicines, sometimes takes children to study or entertainment, old people - gives a chaise longue on the beach,.... And for all this we pay. How much or not - that's another question.... But we have to pay to keep this hotel running and providing services to us.

Are there tax-free models of government? I'm not sure. It's more like tribal relations, but there no one will long maintain a member of the community who does not benefit (payment to society in kind). Maybe someone knows about tax-free models? I would like to understand how this model could look like !??

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2024, 04:56:33 PM »

Online Findingnemo

• Activity: 805
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 12:06:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2024, 08:11:55 AM »
I just wanted to say that all the government knows what they are doing. In reality, without taxes been paid, there wouldn't be developments and when people py taxes, they are mean to enjoy their taxes but because of corruptions and looting, they don't properly allocate these funds and even when they allocate this money, they embezle the money.

If one day the government decide to make it's fiat money run through a decentralized blockchain where the money inflow and outflow can be trace, trust me corruption will cease to exist, people will b scared to looth government taxes because clearly that's what they do.

At first taxation system was introduced with the purpose of doing good for the people who are poorer by collecting the money from the people who have money that can't be spent in their entire life time.

Now the ideology is reversed, rich pay fewer taxes than the poor and this is because the rich control the system so they made changes that will benefit them most, poor people in terms of finance and knowledge still believes that money collected in taxes is being used for the developments of their citizen while in reality it's utilized to make more earning opportunities for the top 1%...
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2024, 05:20:20 PM »

At first taxation system was introduced with the purpose of doing good for the people who are poorer by collecting the money from the people who have money that can't be spent in their entire life time.

Now the ideology is reversed, rich pay fewer taxes than the poor and this is because the rich control the system so they made changes that will benefit them most, poor people in terms of finance and knowledge still believes that money collected in taxes is being used for the developments of their citizen while in reality it's utilized to make more earning opportunities for the top 1%...
Well yeah that is what President Bukele was saying it's an illusion thing. But for me tax is good if implemented fairly and is done in due process. Taxes has been here since the old days so there is no way we are going to evade on it unless you are Robert Kiyosaki. 😅✌️

Online Findingnemo

• Activity: 805
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 12:06:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2024, 06:07:29 PM »
Well yeah that is what President Bukele was saying it's an illusion thing. But for me tax is good if implemented fairly and is done in due process. Taxes has been here since the old days so there is no way we are going to evade on it unless you are Robert Kiyosaki. 😅✌️

Anyone can evade taxes but you will be considered as a criminal if you do.

While the term you should be using is avoid taxes and that's what every rich person is doing to stack their earned money for themselves which is only possible for the rich people who make money in other forms than getting paid via salary.

This is why experts says the system is rigged cause it's made in the favor of rich people.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2024, 07:16:50 PM »

While the term you should be using is avoid taxes and that's what every rich person is doing to stack their earned money for themselves which is only possible for the rich people who make money in other forms than getting paid via salary.

This is why experts says the system is rigged cause it's made in the favor of rich people.
Well yeah I totally agree on this one and I think they do it the right way as well unless their riches came from blood money which is inappropriate. Yeah "avoid" is the right term instead of "evade" as the last one is a bit of rude sorry for that as english is not my native language.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2024, 10:33:49 AM »

As a tax payer (as an individual and as a businessman), I will add for myself:
- There are criminal schemes of income concealment and as a consequence - crimes in the economic sphere - non-payment of taxes. This is a crime.
- There is a concept of tax optimization. This is a legal way to reduce tax pressure on business. Conditionally speaking, for example, I believe that up to 10% of tax, a person will pay almost voluntarily and few people will try to cheat the fiscal service. At 50% tax - business will look for ways to optimize. This is normal, because high taxes are a heavy burden for both people and businesses. Optimization is limited by the legal framework, and therefore does not lead to violation of the law

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG