follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Cost to Mine 1 Bitcoin Calculator [User Guide]  (Read 598 times)

Offline Goldlife

• Plagiarism strike
  • Activity: 630
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: October 16, 2023, 05:46:24 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
Cost to Mine 1 Bitcoin Calculator [User Guide]
« on: March 28, 2021, 08:12:06 AM »

Although there are dozens of variables that can impact a Bitcoin mining operation’s bottom line, the viability of a mining business can ultimately be determined with just one simple statistic: the cost to mine 1 BTC — aka the “Cost of Production for Bitcoin.”

The Braiins Cost to Mine 1 BTC calculator is meant to make it quick and easy for you to determine your cost of production for any ASIC hardware model or even for a mix of different hardware devices. By comparing your cost of production with the actual Bitcoin price, you can see your profit margin and better understand which hardware models will best suit your mining operation.

How to Calculate Your Cost of Production

Let’s start by quickly explaining each of the inputs and how they work.

Bitcoin Price and Network Difficulty are both pulled from an API in real-time, so you don’t need to do anything if you want to use current values.

Select Hardware allows you to autofill the hashrate and consumption by choosing a specific ASIC device from our database. The models are sorted by hardware manufacturer (Bitmain, MicroBT, Innosilicon, and Canaan) and then further subcategorized by model family (e.g. Antminer S9, S17, and S19 variations are all grouped together).

Bitcoin Mining Insights

A quick guide explaining how to use the Advanced Options in our new Cost to Mine 1 BTC calculator and where to find data on all the popular hardware models.

Published on Nov 03, 2020

Table of Contents

Cost to Mine 1 BTC Example

Sharing and Embedding

Although there are dozens of variables that can impact a Bitcoin mining operation’s bottom line, the viability of a mining business can ultimately be determined with just one simple statistic: the cost to mine 1 BTC — aka the “Cost of Production for Bitcoin.”

The Braiins Cost to Mine 1 BTC calculator is meant to make it quick and easy for you to determine your cost of production for any ASIC hardware model or even for a mix of different hardware devices. By comparing your cost of production with the actual Bitcoin price, you can see your profit margin and better understand which hardware models will best suit your mining operation.

Let’s start by quickly explaining each of the inputs and how they work.

Bitcoin Price and Network Difficulty are both pulled from an API in real-time, so you don’t need to do anything if you want to use current values.

Select Hardware allows you to autofill the hashrate and consumption by choosing a specific ASIC device from our database. The models are sorted by hardware manufacturer (Bitmain, MicroBT, Innosilicon, and Canaan) and then further subcategorized by model family (e.g. Antminer S9, S17, and S19 variations are all grouped together).

Alternatively, you can select the Custom option to input your own hashrate and power consumption values rather than using preloaded values from the ASIC database, which is best if you use a performance boosting firmware like Braiins OS+ to improve your device’s efficiency. 

Electricity Price is your all-in cost per kWh of electricity, which is used to calculate your cost of production for mining 1 Bitcoin given your mining efficiency (W/TH). 

Pool Fee is the percentage of your BTC mined that is kept by your mining pool.

If you toggle on the Advanced Options, you’ll also see these inputs:

More info: https://braiins.com/blog/cost-to-mine-bitcoin-user-guide

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀     ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄  ▀██
██▀  ▄██▀           ▀███  ▀██
████████████████            ███
███  ███                    ███
█████████████████████████▀  ███
██▄  ▀██▄           ▄██▀  ▄██
██▄  ▀████▄▄   ▄▄████▀  ▄██
▀██▄▄  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀  ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
EGO    ████████████
██
██
██
██
██
████████████████████████████████
TOKEN IS WORTH YOUR ATTENTION
██████████████████████                                      ██ █     

██
██
██
██
██
████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
███████████████████████████████
████▄          ▀██▀▀▀██████████
████████▀▀▀     ▐██▄▄▄█████████
█████████▄▄▄▄    ██████████████
███████████▄    ▐█████████████
███████████▄█▄███████▄█████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
     BUY EGO     
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« on: March 28, 2021, 08:12:06 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG