follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: [Boxing] Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia Super Middleweight Championship - May 4  (Read 639 times)

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1771
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 03:07:05 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter Quick Poster Karma Good

Jaime is very open for a counter every time he does the volume punch. he wouldn't dare charge on Canelo head to head unless he also can see where the punch may come from while he is busy throwing punches. he isn't a technical fighter, no strategy but only making volume of punches. it works if the opponent doesn't stand his ground and just moving away.

Canelo is very experienced fighter but if it doesn't end in a KO then maybe the fight end in UD in favor of Canelo.

But I guess being a Mexican, I wouldn't be surprised to see this two getting in the middle and going to toe to toe. I wanted to see like the first GGG vs Canelo fight, purely action in the middle or if anyone who will be in the corner, the other one will let this hands go.

And that is good that he trains under the tutelage of Roach, although he is old, but I think he still has something in his sleeves to turn the young Jaime Munguia into a beast against Canelo Alvarez here.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline bisdak40

• Activity: 1000
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 02:24:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    1000 Posts Karma Good Karma
But I guess being a Mexican, I wouldn't be surprised to see this two getting in the middle and going to toe to toe. I wanted to see like the first GGG vs Canelo fight, purely action in the middle or if anyone who will be in the corner, the other one will let this hands go.

And that is good that he trains under the tutelage of Roach, although he is old, but I think he still has something in his sleeves to turn the young Jaime Munguia into a beast against Canelo Alvarez here.

Yeah, that's the good thing about this fight because both protagonists are Mexicans and we all know that Mexicans are warriors and never give up an inch in a fight like this. Many in the boxing community are hoping that there will be a changing in the guards in the next few hours so let us see if Munguia could live up to the hype.

Offline bisdak40

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

And still the undisputed Super Middleweight champion of the world, Canelo Alvarez, with that unanimous decision win over Jaime Munguia.

Kudos to Munguia for giving Canelo a good fight, judge's scorecards seem to be off for me, that 117-110 was insane.

One thing i observed with Canelo is that father time is slowly catching on him though he has power but the head movement is not there anymore.

I hope his next fight would be with David Benavidez whom i think is the right match for Canelo right now.

Offline robelneo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1862
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 11:22:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Sixth year Anniversary Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes
And still the undisputed Super Middleweight champion of the world, Canelo Alvarez, with that unanimous decision win over Jaime Munguia.

Kudos to Munguia for giving Canelo a good fight, judge's scorecards seem to be off for me, that 117-110 was insane.

One thing i observed with Canelo is that father time is slowly catching on him though he has power but the head movement is not there anymore.

I hope his next fight would be with David Benavidez whom i think is the right match for Canelo right now.

Munguia cannot do a Bivol he cannot capitalize on his height and reach advantage but Munguia's performance is better than all the other top fighters Canelo beat this proves what we all know that Munguia will have a tough fight with a fighter who can take pinches and who can duck and who can counter, another masterful showing by Canelo.

Benavidez in his interview after the match is very eager to fight Canelo because he claims to see a lot of flaws in his fighting style now, but will Canelo give him a chance finally this is why Canelo is still being questioned because Benavidez keeps daring him and claiming that he deserves a shot.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1660
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 11:12:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search

Munguia cannot do a Bivol he cannot capitalize on his height and reach advantage but Munguia's performance is better than all the other top fighters Canelo beat this proves what we all know that Munguia will have a tough fight with a fighter who can take pinches and who can duck and who can counter, another masterful showing by Canelo.

Benavidez in his interview after the match is very eager to fight Canelo because he claims to see a lot of flaws in his fighting style now, but will Canelo give him a chance finally this is why Canelo is still being questioned because Benavidez keeps daring him and claiming that he deserves a shot.

Canelo wasn't very aggressive which i think he really give Jaime the chance to recover and not give him a career ending KO. if it were someone else Jaime will be crawling going to his corner. the fight is just like a sparring like they said but its also satisfying to the audience after all, they already saw a knock down.

Benavidez may be tough and does have the chance against Canelo but it may still end up like this fight. It may look like Canelo is ducking him but i think Canelo can play well all for marketing.

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

Canelo wasn't very aggressive which i think he really give Jaime the chance to recover and not give him a career ending KO. if it were someone else Jaime will be crawling going to his corner. the fight is just like a sparring like they said but its also satisfying to the audience after all, they already saw a knock down.

Benavidez may be tough and does have the chance against Canelo but it may still end up like this fight. It may look like Canelo is ducking him but i think Canelo can play well all for marketing.

True, I only observed that he can finished Munguia via knockout by he didn't choose to. It seems that he doesn't want to damage him so that he can be the next Mexican star. Similar to what Manny is in some of his fight.

So we should give credit as well to Munguia who gave everything but Canelo is just too good in this fight.

Canelo is taunting Benavidez in the crowd so who knows, they could be next or before Canelo retires, he will go and fight David Benavidez.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3513
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 05:12:52 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
It was just another day at the office for Canelo and he looked like a professor there schooling the younger generation. He was eating good shots from Jaime like it was nothing. During the fight, the kid just doesn't have what it takes to cause real damage to the champ's tank build ;D

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Offline bisdak40

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

It was just another day at the office for Canelo and he looked like a professor there schooling the younger generation. He was eating good shots from Jaime like it was nothing. During the fight, the kid just doesn't have what it takes to cause real damage to the champ's tank build ;D

Yeah, Munguia's punch didn't Canelo but the same goes with the latter as he can't finish the fragile Munguia. For me, Canelo is not the same anymore, i mean clearly he aged and that might be the reason they chose Munguia as his opponent for him to look good as Munguia doesn't back down on a toe-to-toe fight. Many fight fans scored the fight close, not the same to the three judges who scored the fight with a wide margin.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3513
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 05:12:52 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary

Yeah, Munguia's punch didn't Canelo but the same goes with the latter as he can't finish the fragile Munguia. For me, Canelo is not the same anymore, i mean clearly he aged and that might be the reason they chose Munguia as his opponent for him to look good as Munguia doesn't back down on a toe-to-toe fight.
Well, it's to be expected that fighters will slowly decline as can be observed in his UD wins but, in this particular fight, I'm in agreement with the above comments that Canelo was still holding back. I don't know if it was a strategy they planned beforehand but the man looked like he could go for another 12 rounds after round 12.

Offline bisdak40

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

Yeah, Munguia's punch didn't Canelo but the same goes with the latter as he can't finish the fragile Munguia. For me, Canelo is not the same anymore, i mean clearly he aged and that might be the reason they chose Munguia as his opponent for him to look good as Munguia doesn't back down on a toe-to-toe fight.
Well, it's to be expected that fighters will slowly decline as can be observed in his UD wins but, in this particular fight, I'm in agreement with the above comments that Canelo was still holding back. I don't know if it was a strategy they planned beforehand but the man looked like he could go for another 12 rounds after round 12.

Canelo was clearly tired in the championship rounds though his punches still got the sting but that was not enough to put down Munguia.

Eddie Hearns is planning to put Edgar Belanga as the next opponent of Canelo this September, they are playing safe as they don't want Canelo to fight Benavidez or Bivol next.

Offline robelneo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1862
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 11:22:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Sixth year Anniversary Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes

Eddie Hearns is planning to put Edgar Belanga as the next opponent of Canelo this September, they are playing safe as they don't want Canelo to fight Benavidez or Bivol next.

Berlanga is not ripe for a championship and level of Canelo I have seen some of his fights he looks great on C level and nameless fighters to inflate his record for a big payday but against Canelo Benavidez or even Munguia I don't think he can come out with a good performance worthy of a good contender.
This is another name to be added to Canelo's name to make him look good, fast forward to Berlanga he will soon run out of undefeated C level fighters to fight and maybe that will be his decision to fight.
There are talks about a good Crawford but this is still on the negotiation table hopefully it will materialize Canelo needs more challenge as he headed to retirement.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

Canelo was clearly tired in the championship rounds though his punches still got the sting but that was not enough to put down Munguia.

Or Canelo just playing possum on that latter rounds as he knows that he is ahead on the judges scorecard. But we should give props to Munguia for taking this fight, he just lack the experience against the cash cow Canelo.

Yeap, it will be will Edgar Berlanga, a young PR fighter who might get the crack next this September another Mexican holiday.

Although Canelo taunt Benavidez, but I don't think he will be next.

Offline bisdak40

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

There are talks about a good Crawford but this is still on the negotiation table hopefully it will materialize Canelo needs more challenge as he headed to retirement.

I also read that gossip (as it's not official yet) that Canelo Alvarez and Terrence Crawford will potentially meet next year and it will be backed the his excellency Turki Alalshikh. If this pushes through, i think Canelo still got a big advantage over Crawford in all aspects as the latter is not young anymore but still a good fight though.

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

I also read that gossip (as it's not official yet) that Canelo Alvarez and Terrence Crawford will potentially meet next year and it will be backed the his excellency Turki Alalshikh. If this pushes through, i think Canelo still got a big advantage over Crawford in all aspects as the latter is not young anymore but still a good fight though.

That will be a good fight as well, but I think Crawford will be too small at 168 lbs. But it can be made easily specially if the powerful broker HE Turki Alalshikh is involved. He can offer what Crawford wanted and then set up the fight in Middle East.

Crawford though has a fight at 154 lbs and it's for the belt and then Canelo just won his fight against Munguia. So we will see this September as usually this is the schedule fight for Canelo, it could be Berlanga or Crawford for him, whichever make sense for him and his camp.

Offline bisdak40

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

The next opponent for Canelo will be either Edgar Berlanga or Terrence Crawford depending on the outcome of the negotiations but i'm leaning more towards Berlanga as that is what Eddie Hearns wanted hehe.

I'll be locking this thread now and thank you for your comments here as usual.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG