follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Is Bitcoin legal?  (Read 9701 times)

Offline cebo

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 20
  • always stay on friendly forums
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: March 30, 2024, 08:33:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter 10 Posts Linux User
Re: Is Bitcoin legal?
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2024, 08:58:29 AM »
It depends on what Bitcoin is used for, if Bitcoin is used for money laundering, crime or drug abuse then Bitcoin will become illegal. It could also be the other way around because it's the same for crimes.
But I also believe that if Bitcoin is used for good it will become legal and accepted by society. I have seen fundraising for people who have experienced disasters by collecting funds using Bitcoin.
always stay on friendly forums

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2024, 08:58:29 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2060
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 07:18:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2024, 07:17:47 PM »
The government has many considerations if it wants to legalize bitcoin as a payment method, because they must be prepared to face the consequences. but they have to understand, it will definitely happen in the future. Currently the government has legalized bitcoin as an investment, it is possible that in the future it will be legalized as a payment method
The government is clear in determining that every rule that will be implemented is taken into account as best as possible, as is the determination of bitcoin to be accepted as a legal means of payment. I agree, by starting with accepting bitcoin even though it is not a legal medium of exchange but can be traded, it does not rule out the possibility one day it will be accepted as a legal means of payment. Where beforehand they will prepare all the regulations that may need to be prepared. But we can't avoid the fact that it will happen in time, it's just a matter of time.

Offline MRY

• Activity: 248
  • Last Active: April 23, 2024, 08:16:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Search Signature Avatar
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2024, 07:40:44 PM »
The government has many considerations if it wants to legalize bitcoin as a payment method, because they must be prepared to face the consequences. but they have to understand, it will definitely happen in the future. Currently the government has legalized bitcoin as an investment, it is possible that in the future it will be legalized as a payment method
The government is clear in determining that every rule that will be implemented is taken into account as best as possible, as is the determination of bitcoin to be accepted as a legal means of payment. I agree, by starting with accepting bitcoin even though it is not a legal medium of exchange but can be traded, it does not rule out the possibility one day it will be accepted as a legal means of payment. Where beforehand they will prepare all the regulations that may need to be prepared. But we can't avoid the fact that it will happen in time, it's just a matter of time.
To be honest, I really doubt that Bitcoin can be a legal means of payment, especially in countries that have very good economies or developed countries. What makes me doubt it is that Bitcoin's very unstable price movements will endanger any country that accepts payments using Bitcoin. Look at the supply of Very limited Bitcoin is impossible if it is used for everyone and all countries.

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2024, 07:58:31 PM »
To be honest, I really doubt that Bitcoin can be a legal means of payment, especially in countries that have very good economies or developed countries. What makes me doubt it is that Bitcoin's very unstable price movements will endanger any country that accepts payments using Bitcoin. Look at the supply of Very limited Bitcoin is impossible if it is used for everyone and all countries.
It is natural that there are countries that do not want to accept Bitcoin as legal tender because they determine everything by considering what might happen if it is accepted as legal tender. It must be admitted that there are always problems with bitcoin which cannot be controlled, and the supply is limited, but perhaps there will always be regulations that can make this possible, but it all goes back to the country that wants to do it. It is guaranteed that they will be selective before making a decision on what to do.

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2024, 08:08:57 PM »
If the government is tolerant enough with crypto, it means that in the future crypto will get regulations that support it. the government should legalize crypto because it will be needed in the future. I am very happy if a country starts supporting crypto, it means that the government is willing to be invited to think forward.
Crypto development continues to grow, and every country inevitably has to adapt to this situation and must be able to accept that crypto is part of inevitable progress. I think that gradually many countries will not be able to avoid accepting crypto, so that one day they will be very open to legalizing crypto.
I agree with you, that a country that supports crypto is a government that can create the future to be more advanced.

Offline DAMKAR

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: Today at 01:55:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2024, 09:20:39 PM »
If the government is tolerant enough with crypto, it means that in the future crypto will get regulations that support it. the government should legalize crypto because it will be needed in the future. I am very happy if a country starts supporting crypto, it means that the government is willing to be invited to think forward.
Crypto development continues to grow, and every country inevitably has to adapt to this situation and must be able to accept that crypto is part of inevitable progress. I think that gradually many countries will not be able to avoid accepting crypto, so that one day they will be very open to legalizing crypto.
I agree with you, that a country that supports crypto is a government that can create the future to be more advanced.

Every government should think about the progress and future of a technology such as cryptocurrency, because in the future technology will continue to develop. Let's try to remember back when Bitcoin was first launched, there were lots of people who refused. And now many countries allow Bitcoin as an investment.

Offline Google+

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1314
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:45:51 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2024, 11:57:48 PM »
Every government should think about the progress and future of a technology such as cryptocurrency, because in the future technology will continue to develop. Let's try to remember back when Bitcoin was first launched, there were lots of people who refused. And now many countries allow Bitcoin as an investment.
Of course the government will think about that, Cryptocurrency has become the basis of the digital currency design used in several countries, unfortunately currently there is still no use of digital currency that can be integrated throughout the world and has legality that has been approved by all countries.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2024, 11:57:48 PM »

Offline Trisha Rola

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 28
  • Last Active: April 15, 2024, 07:43:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Poll Voter 10 Posts Search
« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2024, 06:17:55 AM »
Bitcoin is legality differs from one country to another. In many places, just like Japan, Canada, and United States, Bitcoin is considered legal and regulated. Government treat it like regular money, with rules for its use, trade, and taxes in places.
They see it as a valid  form of currency or digital asset. :)

Online Gurujebs

• Activity: 1081
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 02:43:27 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2024, 02:16:08 PM »
It depends on what Bitcoin is used for, if Bitcoin is used for money laundering, crime or drug abuse then Bitcoin will become illegal. It could also be the other way around because it's the same for crimes.
But I also believe that if Bitcoin is used for good it will become legal and accepted by society. I have seen fundraising for people who have experienced disasters by collecting funds using Bitcoin.

You really believe any asset cannot be used as money laundering? Even if you have not experienced them, like don't you see things happening in movies. Th concept of movies is not just make you laugh or see if as fiction, some stories are real. The goat currency remain one of the biggest currency for money laundering, Bitcoin is just a fraction but th government will prefer to speak about that one.

Even Gold can be used for money laundering and nobody will know if they don't want government to know about it, a gold can be bought with a bad money and remelt the gold and keep it for sometime and out them on sell when the government doesn't expect it to happen, this is why you all need to stop seeing Bitcoin as a tool for money laundering.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online dekafee79

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2454
  • Last Active: Today at 03:00:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2024, 03:14:52 AM »
Bitcoin is legality differs from one country to another. In many places, just like Japan, Canada, and United States, Bitcoin is considered legal and regulated. Government treat it like regular money, with rules for its use, trade, and taxes in places.

really ? at Japan, Canada, and United States, Bitcoin is considered legal and regulated.  It's a good thing, if they allowed bitcoin as payment method. Because I heard bitcoin just for investment.
In fact, bitcoin should be legalized because it is increasingly popular and widely used and invested in by many fans

Offline Thessa08

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 9
  • Last Active: March 30, 2024, 01:01:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 3
    First Post Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #220 on: March 30, 2024, 06:44:35 AM »
In most countries, bitcoin is legal but the regulations always check the laws before buying or using bitcoin.

Online DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1056
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 03:09:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #221 on: March 30, 2024, 06:48:45 AM »

really ? at Japan, Canada, and United States, Bitcoin is considered legal and regulated.  It's a good thing, if they allowed bitcoin as payment method. Because I heard bitcoin just for investment.
In fact, bitcoin should be legalized because it is increasingly popular and widely used and invested in by many fans
I'm not entirely sure about this, especially in Japan. I have a cousin who lives in Japan. Though the country considered it legal to use, they don't actually use it. My cousin told me that if the locals see someone using Bitcoin, the only thing they know is that Bitcoin is being used in illegal activities. They see it as a bad thing that's why they often avoid it. The news on their television most likely features Bitcoin updates focusing only on bad people who use it in illegal activities.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Wiseman

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4318
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 07:08:06 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Quick Poster
« Reply #222 on: March 30, 2024, 07:04:22 AM »
In fact, now you can use Bitcoin everywhere, but you won’t be able to buy something very expensive because states in many countries have come up with laws that prohibit buying anything that has documents on you (cars, houses, etc.) for cash payment for it, having previously had Bitcoin. I could go and change it for cash and buy anything, but now they ask you for a bank transfer and proof of the legitimacy of the money you earned, in short, I’m sure that no one cares about Bitcoin. they just need taxes from us.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline alltalk

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3530
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 9
  • Last Active: Today at 11:50:22 AM
    • View Profile

« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2024, 09:23:19 AM »
In fact, now you can use Bitcoin everywhere, but you won’t be able to buy something very expensive because states in many countries have come up with laws that prohibit buying anything that has documents on you (cars, houses, etc.) for cash payment for it, having previously had Bitcoin. I could go and change it for cash and buy anything, but now they ask you for a bank transfer and proof of the legitimacy of the money you earned, in short, I’m sure that no one cares about Bitcoin. they just need taxes from us.
We can use Bitcoin for investment in anywhere but it can't be a payment tool in anywhere. It is because each country may have their own regulation or laws. Some countries enable us to use Bitcoin for payment purposes. But there are still many countries that prohibit us to use it for payment purposes due to some reasons. In my country, it can't be used for payment purposes because we only have 1 payment tool (Rupiah). The solution: we convert our Bitcoin to our currency in the local exchanges. It is quite easy, there is no complicated requirements.

Regarding the taxes, we pay taxes every time we trade coins on local exchanges. The government directly get the taxes through the local exchanges.

This how we utilize Bitcoin in my country, it can be different in your country and in other countries.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline DAMKAR

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: Today at 01:55:48 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2024, 10:54:48 AM »

Bitcoin has not been approved as a payment method in many countries and is only permitted as an investment. This is good for the current development of bitcoin, because at the beginning there were many negative issues attacking bitcoin and it was banned in several big countries.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG