follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: we better know which posts get karma  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Andalusy

• Activity: 134
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: October 24, 2022, 02:33:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: we better know which posts get karma
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2021, 11:31:25 AM »
To return to your original point, the above is why I don't believe in knowing who gives +/- karma. If abuse is happening, users can appeal in court and are usually successful in having karma issuance taken away from abusers. It only serves to reduce the ability to give -karma anonymously, when enough isn't given out already imo.
please, once again please. I'm not suggesting knowing someone who gave or took karma, but I prefer to know our posts were given or taken away by karma, and we shouldn't really need to know who did that. and of course it will make the appeal easier, if you know which posts they think are not quite right

Fair point, my bad. I thought you had suggested to show who gave karma (the age old question). I realise that's not the case.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I also not sure it's that great an idea either. I like that users don't know which of their good quality posts gained karma, and therefore don't try and simply repeat and replicate to get more of the same. Instead they just continue trying to create good quality, and thus continue to get karma. Over time, users will get an idea of what type of posts or topics they are getting more karma from, but this takes time before it becomes obvious.

It'd be useful for users to learn which posts they got negative karma from for sure, but also I wouldn't want to solely have this as would make karma a lot more of a negative than it actually is - if karma only showed for - not +, not that you were suggesting that but as example, given that I'm not particularly in favor of showing which posts get +karma. Either way, I'm convinced it's a great idea, even if relatively new and one to probably consider.

You otherwise can't really appeal simply receiving negative karma, only if you have a lot of -karma, or otherwise lost a lot in a targeted/abusive way from a single user. You can only really appeal karma abuse if a lot of it, or having your karma reset if very negative. Appealing lost karma for individual posts sounds a bit pointless too, better off just trying to gain more positive karma rather than simply losing it.

I know that you will understand what I mean, thanks if my ideas will be considered for the team. If it doesn't make it a realization, I have taken advantage of the suggestion box facility properly. Thank you and I hope that there are lots of suggestions from the members, it will make this form even better.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2021, 11:31:25 AM »

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Offline Andalusy

• View Profile

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2021, 11:41:53 AM »
@Andalusy

You know quality post matters.
Maybe you didn't realized these mistakes....

better modify it now to stop receiving -1 from unknown concern user/s
Anyway, despite of receiving -1, you still got +6 karma. So modify your post otherwise it will become -5 or -4.  ;)
what do you expect from a discussion thread ,, do I have to show you a forecast, tables and others, because it is't matter for discussion on that topic .. and I'm sure you did not read the whole of its contents. and I know I'm not good at making quality posts but I want to work on it. And here is another example that our old posts can get us negative karma.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 12:07:53 PM by Andalusy »

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 04:31:40 PM »
I know that you will understand what I mean, thanks if my ideas will be considered for the team. If it doesn't make it a realization, I have taken advantage of the suggestion box facility properly. Thank you and I hope that there are lots of suggestions from the members, it will make this form even better.

Another change of karma giving/receiving would be up for the senators to decide I imagine, you could pm one who may be sympathetic to your proposal.
They can raise it in the Senate for discussion.

Offline Master107

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3732
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: January 21, 2024, 01:34:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 06:02:25 PM »
@Andalusy

Anyway, despite of receiving -1, you still got +6 karma. So modify your post otherwise it will become -5 or -4.  ;)
what do you expect from a discussion thread ,, do I have to show you a forecast, tables and others, because it is't matter for discussion on that topic .. and I'm sure you did not read the whole of its contents. and I know I'm not good at making quality posts but I want to work on it. And here is another example that our old posts can get us negative karma.

Hahaha....
Sorry my bad. I didn't include this image.
BTW, please modify your post buddy.

Quoted posts:
#PROOF OF REGISTRATION
Forum Username: Andalusy
Forum Profile : Link:https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=78748
Telegram Username: @andalusy
Participated Campaigns: facebook, telegram
Stellar (XLM) Wallet Address: GA3GVJY27MIKUCFKJCNBQ2GOYY5X6EII4BM7A2XTQPPP2UOS44I3J3QS

#PROOF OF REGISTRATION
Forum Profile Link: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=78748
Stellar (XLM) Wallet Address: GA3GVJY27MIKUCFKJCNBQ2GOYY5X6EII4BM7A2XTQPPP2UOS44I3J3QS

No worries mate I understand your point. Therefore I provided proof of your doubled posts. Maybe some might gave you -1 because of this. So far, we know very well the quality and spam message. :D :D In some cases it is possible that others grant karma unknowingly as you know it is so easy to click the link. Someday I believe your suggestion will happen and maybe more than that.
No worries we're good here.  ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 06:05:05 PM by Master107 »

Offline Andalusy

• View Profile

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 01:02:02 PM »
@Andalusy

Hahaha....
Sorry my bad. I didn't include this image.
BTW, please modify your post buddy.

Quoted posts:
#PROOF OF REGISTRATION
Forum Profile : Link:https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=78748

#PROOF OF REGISTRATION
Forum Profile Link: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=78748

No worries mate I understand your point. Therefore I provided proof of your doubled posts. Maybe some might gave you -1 because of this. So far, we know very well the quality and spam message. :D :D In some cases it is possible that others grant karma unknowingly as you know it is so easy to click the link. Someday I believe your suggestion will happen and maybe more than that.
No worries we're good here.  ;D ;D ;)
haha ,, well I know about that post. the problem is I can not delete the post that I have sent. It was the first time I wanted to delete a post and I couldn't find it. if i change it after i post the second one i think it is spam, and if i leave the error still on the first post, i hope other people understand if there is an error there. thank you for reminding me

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG