follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Why do we pay taxes?  (Read 2084 times)

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2079
  • dev@
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: Today at 10:08:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Why do we pay taxes?
« on: February 25, 2024, 09:42:39 PM »
At your service.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Why do we pay taxes?
« on: February 25, 2024, 09:42:39 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3437
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 07:16:50 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
Re: Why do we pay taxes?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 02:42:16 PM »
That was funny but it still makes sense. Basically, the message was that the Government take back the money they printed through citizen taxes in order to keep the value of the currency up. It's use to keep fooling the citizens that inflation is under control. The cycle of collecting high taxes also allows the Government to keep printing fiats and fund military expansions in other countries.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 04:22:26 PM »
We all know that taxes will be used to fund the government but the only problem here is that instead of spending it on something like infrastructure projects for the betterness of the country, corrupt politicians used it for their own personal interest including the justice system, law enforcers and government agencies. Though not all of them are involved in this unlawful act but yeah that is where our taxes go.

Offline bitterguy28

• Activity: 1018
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 03:25:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 07:28:31 AM »
We all know that taxes will be used to fund the government but the only problem here is that instead of spending it on something like infrastructure projects for the betterness of the country, corrupt politicians used it for their own personal interest including the justice system, law enforcers and government agencies. Though not all of them are involved in this unlawful act but yeah that is where our taxes go.
that is why sometimes People in my country tries to prevent paying taxes by not telling the exact capital and income , because of the government attitude to corrupting the collected taxes , not mentioning also those from gambling area that also runs by the government .

But answering the question literally , taxes was imposed even in the early years of the world that this is peoples obligation for the government .

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 02:57:10 PM »
that is why sometimes People in my country tries to prevent paying taxes by not telling the exact capital and income , because of the government attitude to corrupting the collected taxes , not mentioning also those from gambling area that also runs by the government .

But answering the question literally , taxes was imposed even in the early years of the world that this is peoples obligation for the government .
It looks like neither of you watched the video. I suggest you do because President Nayib offered a different perspective. What I got is that he's implying that it's not needed because they keep on printing money to fund to so called infrastructures and other Government services.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 04:25:17 PM »

It looks like neither of you watched the video. I suggest you do because President Nayib offered a different perspective. What I got is that he's implying that it's not needed because they keep on printing money to fund to so called infrastructures and other Government services.
I already watched that video right after admin posted it but I did not post a reply right away, just got the thought of it in relation to what is currently happening in my country since topic is all about taxes and corruptions. I just forgot to include in my country on the highlighted text on my previous reply sorry for that.

Anyways, I like this part here at 19:50 on that video.

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 757
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 04:56:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 08:15:35 PM »

+1 for actually watching the video before commenting on it
 ;D

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 08:15:35 PM »

Online electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1594
  • Last Active: Today at 10:06:43 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 08:24:11 PM »

before i opened this thread i was already remembring what Bukele said in his speech about why should we pay tax when they can print money. this guy is revolutionary, he changed the country to one of the safest as he claimed. i'm not from El Salvador but we do have this kind of president once in my country, the liberal party is just way too strong here.

i'm not against paying taxes though, i think we need to contritbute as a citizen but i hope they really put the money at work to make the country better. we put the politicians in place but they are not serving well. instead they make laws that punishes people.

Offline Altcoin1998$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2242
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 03:08:36 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2024, 10:21:37 AM »
As a citizen of a country, citizens have certain responsibilities and duties towards the country and the government, one of the main of which is to pay taxes regularly. A state requires some capital to maintain order and good governance and to maintain foreign cooperation and trade, one of the main sources of which is revenue or taxation.  These taxes are used by governments to control their trade agreements with different countries. Moreover, the state treasury is definitely needed to maintain the economy of a country without this tax, the government of a country cannot manage its country properly.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2024, 05:50:54 PM »

before i opened this thread i was already remembring what Bukele said in his speech about why should we pay tax when they can print money. this guy is revolutionary, he changed the country to one of the safest as he claimed. i'm not from El Salvador but we do have this kind of president once  in my country, the liberal party is just way too strong here.

i'm not against paying taxes though, i think we need to contritbute as a citizen but i hope they really put the money at work to make the country better. we put the politicians in place but they are not serving well instead they make laws that punishes people.

This is what gets me aside from those statement President Nayib has said that government can print money out of thin air so why do we need to pay taxes?
I think inflation is one reason why government in a specific country do not have plans to print too much money or else it will become worthless.
the real problem is that you pay high taxes only to uphold the illusion that you are funding the government which you are not
Meaning the government is fooling it's own people right? Why do they do that? Maybe some kind of control.

I pay taxes, you pay taxes, most of us pay taxes and I don't think there is a problem with that but the main drawback here is on how our taxes are spent in our own country which I am referring to my first reply on this thread. The corrupt misused these taxes for their own personal interests and this is the time we will be having our disappointment with the system. Lucky for the people of El Salvador because their leader has already found a solution to this global problem.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1913
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:00:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2024, 06:12:09 PM »
Taxes are our obligation, not to the government, but to the citizens of our own country. "The state has no money of its own, the state has only taxes" - a phrase not mine, but very accurate. It is we, the taxpayers, who form the budget of the state. From which everything else is financed - from social programs to ensuring the country's defense capability. Yes, we do not like to pay a lot of taxes. But there is "the other side of the coin" - the less we pay in taxes, the more the state is forced to print unsecured money, the poorer we become. The worse the social programs are for our pensioners, the poor, the disabled.
The only nuance is how effectively the state manages this budget

Online electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1594
  • Last Active: Today at 10:06:43 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2024, 08:36:43 PM »
Taxes are our obligation, not to the government, but to the citizens of our own country. "The state has no money of its own, the state has only taxes" - a phrase not mine, but very accurate. It is we, the taxpayers, who form the budget of the state. From which everything else is financed - from social programs to ensuring the country's defense capability. Yes, we do not like to pay a lot of taxes. But there is "the other side of the coin" - the less we pay in taxes, the more the state is forced to print unsecured money, the poorer we become. The worse the social programs are for our pensioners, the poor, the disabled.

well if the money they print is sent to ukraine and not for a program to help the homeless in your country, that's really a big problem. and this is the argument of the people in US not just from Bukele. this is the kind of policy that will make the people revolt.

the money given by the people are to be given back to them in the form of services form the government. lets say people keeping the peace. and some road constructions for example or collecting the garbage. everybody happy in this situation but if the money goes somewhere else its an issue.

and the less payers will pay tax and the government should not blame it to the people.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1913
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:00:15 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2024, 09:44:54 PM »

well if the money they print is sent to ukraine and not for a program to help the homeless in your country, that's really a big problem. and this is the argument of the people in US not just from Bukele. this is the kind of policy that will make the people revolt.

the money given by the people are to be given back to them in the form of services form the government. lets say people keeping the peace. and some road constructions for example or collecting the garbage. everybody happy in this situation but if the money goes somewhere else its an issue.

and the less payers will pay tax and the government should not blame it to the people.

A very erroneous opinion :)
I will explain - aid to Ukraine is not money printing, it is aid to the state, the security of which the USA and Britain guaranteed according to the Budapest Memorandum. And the fight against the world terrorist is supported by other countries, realizing the danger of what is happening.

If we take the USA as an example, each citizen has paid several dozens of dollars in taxes. The rest of the money remained inside the USA, because the state order for arms is a payment to the manufacturers of the USA, and these means remain in the USA. So your assumption is wrong :)

Regarding the idea that "money should be returned" - I absolutely agree with you. But you should realize that this process is actually underway. Only while you are able to work, you don't notice their impact on you so much. But when your ability and earning power diminishes, the more you will notice the taxes that others pay.  While we work - we pay for those who can no longer support themselves. Then we take their place and the younger ones replace us.

Online Sim_card

• Activity: 780
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 10:08:10 PM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2024, 08:05:14 AM »
Citizens have their duties which they are to carry out to enable the country to grow, and at the same time, the government also have their duties to carry out to enable the citizens to be happy. One of the duty of a citizen is to pay tax, and one of the duty of the government is to provide job for its citizens. The money that the citizens use to pay tax, is suppose to be used to develop the country, but it is not so these days, because of corrupt leaders that are after their own selfish desires. This is why citizens are not happy to pay their taxes anymore, since the money is not used for the right purposes, but if the money is used accordingly, why wouldn't anyone be happy to pay his tax for the country's development.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2024, 09:24:19 AM »
~
This is what gets me aside from those statement President Nayib has said that government can print money out of thin air so why do we need to pay taxes?
I think inflation is one reason why government in a specific country do not have plans to print too much money or else it will become worthless.
Here's my analogy on this:

You're familiar with the buy back and burn program of various crypto projects right? It's almost the same with the Government issuing newly printed fiats, then collecting them back through taxes. The process is controlling the fiat in circulation, thereby controlling inflation.

~
Ain't no way the US just giving those billions of fiat (printed out of thin air) without getting anything in return ;D

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG