follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Report Plagiarism  (Read 92495 times)

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: Report Plagiarism
« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2019, 03:24:55 AM »
User: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=26049

I've always loved Monero, but since I've met Veil, I've started to wonder about Monero future...
Besides the Ring CT having flaws concerning anonymity, Monero blockchain is terribly heavy, facing scalibility problems, and there is the issue of the lack of corporate structure on monero, that will turn institutional adoption nearly impossible. Besides all this, there is also the matter of auditability, that will be fundamental for global acceptance and compliancy...
Let's face it, Monero was the giant of it's age, but in the end Veil belongs to a 2nd generation of privacy coins and represents evolution....  ;D

Source: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=115294.0 (30/04)

Quote from: dentolas
I've always loved Monero, but since I've met Veil, I've started to wonder about Monero future...
Besides the Ring CT having flaws concerning anonymity, Monero blockchain is terribly heavy, facing scalibility problems, and there is the issue of the lack of corporate structure on monero, that will turn institutional adoption nearly impossible. Besides all this, there is also the matter of auditability, that will be fundamental for global acceptance and compliancy...
Let's face it, Monero was the giant of it's age, but in the end Veil belongs to a 2nd generation of privacy coins and represents evolution.... ;D

(although I do agree that it will take time as Monero has 4 years advance)

Plagiarism: https://forum.bitcoinDOTcom/alternative-cryptocurrencies-altcoins/moreno-vs-veil-a-side-by-side-comparison-t116029.html#p273622 (08/05)
[https://web.archive.org/web/20190514010504/https://no links to other forums/alternative-cryptocurrencies-altcoins/moreno-vs-veil-a-side-by-side-comparison-t116029.html]

Reference: https://bitcointalkDOTorg/index.php?topic=5125073.msg51035624#msg51035624
[https://web.archive.org/save/No links to other forumsindex.php?topic=5125073.msg51035624#msg51035624]

[Edited for politeness purposes]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 06:36:54 PM by dragononcrypto »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2019, 03:24:55 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline ZionRTZ

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1628
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: November 22, 2020, 08:45:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2019, 06:46:13 AM »
-snip-
Looking at the dates, this does not look like a case of plagiarism in this forum, the post here was the first. It's a case of plagiarism on that other forum.

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2019, 10:31:29 AM »
-snip-
Looking at the dates, this does not look like a case of plagiarism in this forum, the post here was the first. It's a case of plagiarism on that other forum.

Yes plagiarism of altcoinstalks to another forum (which is normally irrelevant to us), but this comes from a member of this forum, hence adding the dates + ref to make this clearer. Not bothered if the plagiarism is from act or to act, if a member of this forum is caught 100% plagiarizing, they will get punished.

Offline mnixxo.crypto

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2995
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: April 21, 2024, 06:42:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »
-snip-

Yes plagiarism of altcoinstalks to another forum (which is normally irrelevant to us), but this comes from a member of this forum, hence adding the dates + ref to make this clearer. Not bothered if the plagiarism is from act or to act, if a member of this forum is caught 100% plagiarizing, they will get punished.

I am not sure with that. The first post was written here on our altcoinstalks forum. I think we should not affect him/her for that. But this is only my opinion.
mnixxo.crypto

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2019, 12:14:05 PM »
Appealing Plagiarism Strikes & Penalties: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=115432

• Strikes will now be the default for cases of 100% plagiarism (or close enough). Other members will be warned.
  • Members can appeal to have this rank removed if they are contributors to the forum (with positive karma)
  • New members will need to contribute to the forum in order to exchange positive karma for rank removal.
  • This is still similar to the original penalties (1 to 3 ranks demotion, 1 to 10 -karma), but appeals will now go through the forum court judge.

Offline mnixxo.crypto

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2995
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: April 21, 2024, 06:42:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2019, 12:49:02 PM »
Appealing Plagiarism Strikes & Penalties: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=115432

• Strikes will now be the default for cases of 100% plagiarism (or close enough). Other members will be warned.
  • Members can appeal to have this rank removed if they are contributors to the forum (with positive karma)
  • New members will need to contribute to the forum in order to exchange positive karma for rank removal.
  • This is still similar to the original penalties (1 to 3 ranks demotion, 1 to 10 -karma), but appeals will now go through the forum court judge.

Thank you for detailed information. Nice written, all users now have to know all information about plagiarism and penalties. Great work.
mnixxo.crypto

Offline dentolas

• Activity: 1070
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: November 01, 2020, 08:59:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2019, 03:23:03 PM »
-snip-

Don't even bother man, this guy is on a witch hunt... just because he has 888tron and would like to have my bag of Veil
He has too much time to spare  ;D
How could I plagiarize my own post??????? Do these people at least know what plagiarism is??
This is the result on having small minded people rulling things around here... they just live the ranks like any disco doorman...

I gave up this forum!! You can delete my account if you want and put my ip on a sign at the entrance... time usually sets things right  ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:26:46 PM by dentolas »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2019, 03:23:03 PM »

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »
Self-plagiarism is still plagiarism, in this case you are plagiarizing this forum's content. So yes, believe it or not, you can plagiarize yourself:

Quote from: Wikipedia
The reuse of significant, identical, or nearly identical portions of one's own work without acknowledging that one is doing so or citing the original work is sometimes described as "self-plagiarism"; the term "recycling fraud" has also been used to describe this practice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism#Self-plagiarism

But no I don't wish I had your Veil  ??? I've already bag held spamcoins and seen them dump to the floor after the bounty ends, I'm good.
I'm more interested in protecting others from these shilled projects so they don't lose their money to these fraudulent marketing campaigns.
At least 888Tron has already lost 98% of it's value, Veil has plenty of room to go  ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:45:23 PM by dragononcrypto »

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2089
  • dev@
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: Today at 08:00:41 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2019, 04:26:01 PM »
guys
a small intervention from me
please try to lower the tension and resolve things in a friendly way
yes plagia is bad, but we don't want to create too much tension in the community
thus, let's focus on educating rather than punishing
At your service.

Offline dentolas

• Activity: 1070
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: November 01, 2020, 08:59:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #249 on: May 14, 2019, 06:04:50 PM »
Self-plagiarism is still plagiarism, in this case you are plagiarizing this forum's content. So yes, believe it or not, you can plagiarize yourself:

Quote from: Wikipedia
The reuse of significant, identical, or nearly identical portions of one's own work without acknowledging that one is doing so or citing the original work is sometimes described as "self-plagiarism"; the term "recycling fraud" has also been used to describe this practice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism#Self-plagiarism

But no I don't wish I had your Veil  ??? I've already bag held spamcoins and seen them dump to the floor after the bounty ends, I'm good.
I'm more interested in protecting others from these shilled projects so they don't lose their money to these fraudulent marketing campaigns.
At least 888Tron has already lost 98% of it's value, Veil has plenty of room to go  ;D

can't you see that you are making a full of yourself??
by criticizing a project like Veil without a reason (market/tech/team/etc) you are just revealing you know very little about the crypto space... probably a kid that thinks forum ranks are everything in life....
And by following me around and searching through the web to find everything I do is just too flattering  ;) want to be my secretary??

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2019, 06:32:09 PM »
snip

Just to clarify, I've never criticized Veil for it's technology, I actually think the project has good tech and dev team believe it or not. I wouldn't judge a coin's tech based on their marketing, otherwise I won't have a tron-based signature. It's the spammy (arguably fraudulent) marketing I have an issue with that targets the ill-informed, as well as disrupts forums like this one. Admittedly the spam has got to me though yes, I can't wait for the bounty to be over this week.
Don't worry I wasn't stalking you though, I went over to other forums to see how bad the spam was there now that it has died down here and found your post and immediately recognized it. Like with most plagiarism, it was by co-incidence.
I agree with admin though, this tension doesn't help, I'll avoid the antagonistic comments in future so apologies for that, I realize it doesn't help. I think it'd also be nice to resolve this issue even if you want to leave, you are still more than welcome in this forum, nobody has any plans to ban you.

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2089
  • dev@
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: Today at 08:00:41 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2019, 10:15:15 PM »
ok guys let's take a step back and deescalate this issue,
i removed the strike from dentolas, because i don't think he deserve it
i think dragon is doing an amazing job, he is full of energy and might have been overdoing stuff a bit,
he is new in this role, i hope he can maintain such a level of energy for long  ;D

guys, this forum is based on 1 principal, a friendly forum, thus let's try our best to find friendly approaches and ways to resolve issues.
At your service.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3473
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 12:24:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »
User: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=39282

Comment: https://archive.fo/H4gA6#selection-2457.0-2457.123
it's true that a lot of mining can be chosen, and it all depends on our equipment, and mining monero is a very good choice.

Source: https://archive.fo/H4gA6#selection-2055.0-2055.121
it is true that mining has a lot of choices and it must also suit your device, and choosing Monero is a very good choice.

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2019, 06:55:13 PM »
Plagiarism strike upgraded to penalty and user warned again. Can't +1 you though (100 hr rule), someone else will have to...

Offline ZionRTZ

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1628
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: November 22, 2020, 08:45:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #254 on: July 09, 2019, 04:39:17 PM »
Third strike for this user https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=35784
They never learn. From my understanding, he should be banned already.

Comment:
some cryptocurrency has traveled to the world of the future with a credit card or other project account.  The cryptocurrency market team continues to work and a good idea about the cryptocurrency market from some interested people.  So I hope that the market 2019 cryptocurrency market is developing and is very projecting.
- back up https://archive.is/188ZR#selection-4687.0-4687.323

Source:
A cryptocurrency, broadly defined is virtual or digital money which takes the future of crypto. While  some cryptocurrencies have ventured into the future world with credit cards or others projects account. The team of cryptocurrency market were continuously working over and good idea regarding cryptocurrency market from last few people interested. So i hope that cryptocurrency market 2019 development market and strongly project.                                     
- back up https://archive.is/abH03#selection-5231.103-5231.434
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:49:35 PM by Zion03 »

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG