follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: The 134th reason why you should not use Wasabi Wallet.  (Read 671 times)

Offline Z-tight

• Activity: 1018
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 06:42:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
Re: The 134th reason why you should not use Wasabi Wallet.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2024, 09:38:45 PM »
Yes, that's very true but they are leaving the US market when they saw Samourai wallet got seized by the SEC. That simply shows that they fear that in future they might also get seized if they continue their services in the US.
That in itself is not a bad thing. There is nothing wrong if they try to protect their service from being taken down, and if they are doing so because they saw what happened to similar services, then that is being proactive and avoiding the same situation from happening to them.
I know some people say that US is going to shutdown each privacy providing service, but if the privacy providing service hasn't done something wrong then why they even have to fear a government?
Because the government is trying to shut down every privacy solution, accusing them of money laundering, even without proof most times. The government does not want people to use BTC without traces, because they want to be able to monitor you and i.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2024, 09:38:45 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Online JISAN

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1274
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 08:16:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2024, 10:36:38 PM »
I personally do not use Wasabi wallet ever since I was in crypto up to this day because I am only using Electrum, Mycelium, Green Wallet, BlueWallet, Coinomi and Trust Wallet. I don't know if those hot wallets I am using are decentralized ones or not but I am comfortable using them since 2017.
Don't use trust wallet anymore, because centralized services are not safe but they claim to be. This is exactly what OP is saying that Wassabi claims to be decentralized whereas they are not. The problem with these centralized services is that they can sell out your information to the government. I learnt how Wassabi is not a safe wallet to use in storing bitcoin from the other forum.
How Trust wallet can sell your information? where they provide security phrase as your wallet security key. i didn’t use Wassabi wallet yet that's why i don't know about this wallet too much. but i seen they are promoting there wallet by signature campaign on btt forum. i think this wallet is still not too much popular like another popular wallet tw. trust wallet is non Custodial wallet i have use this to hold some of my tokens

Offline Z-tight

• Activity: 1018
  • Last Active: Today at 06:42:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2024, 11:03:51 PM »
How Trust wallet can sell your information? where they provide security phrase as your wallet security key.
The problem with trust wallet isn't that they can sell user's data, it is not a custodial service so that is not the risk in using the wallet. Trust wallet is a self custodial wallet, however it is closed source and you cannot verify how the keys were generated, but you simply have to believe what the developers tell you about it.

Offline philipma1957

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1701
  • Last Active: Today at 05:48:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    One year Anniversary 25 Polls 10 Polls
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2024, 11:23:05 PM »
Do not use any bitcoin wallet that geoblocks its users. Bitcoin is a global, permissionles, decentralized, P2P electronic cash.
This is how Bitcoin should be, but unfortunately this is not happening. Most services, even those that claim to be decentralized, block users based on geographical location. This is a real tragedy and it is unfortunate that Wasabi Wallet has joined this list.

This, on the other hand, reminds me of a similar problem if you remember the MetaMask incident, which blocked Russian users based on geographical location while everyone thought it was a decentralized service that maintained users’ privacy, but it turned out that it steals users’ information and can ban them.

I have a feeling that there is no real decentralization anywhere.

I disagree with you. Simply because  when it comes to BTC there is no decentralization.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online MRY

• Activity: 312
  • Last Active: Today at 08:04:10 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Search Signature Avatar
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2024, 09:32:11 AM »
I disagree with you. Simply because  when it comes to BTC there is no decentralization.
I'm actually confused by your statement that Bitcoin is not decentralized? Isn't the main goal of bitcoin the creation of a decentralized digital currency? So far if BTC is not decentralized then my knowledge is wrong and the whitepaper I read from Satoshi Nakamoto has no meaning.

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 10:16:56 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2024, 09:27:27 AM »
I'm actually confused by your statement that Bitcoin is not decentralized? Isn't the main goal of bitcoin the creation of a decentralized digital currency? So far if BTC is not decentralized then my knowledge is wrong and the whitepaper I read from Satoshi Nakamoto has no meaning.
I also feel that the statement you gave is quite correct, bitcoin was created as a decentralized digital currency so that all bitcoin transaction records can be seen by everyone and everything is neatly recorded in the blockchain big data.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG