follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: BTC and ETH ETFs approved by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission  (Read 711 times)

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 761
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 04:09:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
some Chinese companies will buy this ETF without worries about China policy

This is what I thought,
but now I'm not sure anymore.

As I understand it now, Chinese cannot simply trade on the HK Exchange, so it's not sure whether Chinese will be able to trade these ETFs.
Could it be seen as capital flight?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Online 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1422
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 12:48:41 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
The effect is already showing on the price Now. (...)

I don't think it is though, at least not the effect of the organic demand for the newly approved ETFs.
I don't suspect they are already tradeable, it'll probably take at least a day or two. And if it's going to be anything like the US ETFs, will have to wait 1-2 weeks for the demand to pick up and be reflected in the price.
I think the true effect might be felt during the next bullrun as we can see red on market right now. More and more investors will push the price of these coins in the coming bull season we should expect that. Though Hongkong is not that huge but that is a positive thing on our side as cryptocurrency enthusiasts.

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 669
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 12:50:24 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
I think the true effect might be felt during the next bullrun as we can see red on market right now. More and more investors will push the price of these coins in the coming bull season we should expect that. Though Hongkong is not that huge but that is a positive thing on our side as cryptocurrency enthusiasts.
So far, Hong Kong still cannot have an important influence on the movement of cryptocurrencies in China and throughout the world. The condition of the fiat market, which is currently experiencing inflation, is also an important influence on the increase in coin prices in the market. Hopefully when the halving approaches there will be good news that can trigger whales to enter and make the coin price in the market go into a bull run.

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 761
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 04:09:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
I don't suspect they are already tradeable, it'll probably take at least a day or two.

30 April!
 :D

The first wave of spot Bitcoin and Ether exchange-traded funds (ETFs) have been officially approved to start trading in Hong Kong on April 30.

Unlike the cash-creation model of the United States spot Bitcoin ETFs, Hong Kong aims to offer in-kind creation models for ETFs that enable the creation of new ETF shares by using BTC and ETH.

Hong Kong’s in-kind ETF creation model could be a significant opportunity to considerably increase assets under management (AUM) and trading volume for these products, according to a research note by Bloomberg ETF analyst Rebecca Sin, shared in a March 26 X post by Eric Balchunas:

“Hong Kong is aiming for in-kind creation of the ETF, unlike the US, where the transaction is cash only — in the US, it’s cash in, Bitcoin ETF out, while Hong Kong aims for Bitcoin in, ETF out. This could be an opportunity for the market.”

zerohedge.com

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG