follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: HODLing Altcoins  (Read 12180 times)

Online Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 810
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 12:30:30 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
Re: HODLing Altcoins
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2024, 08:09:06 PM »
How do you know an altcoin will be good for HODLing?
Mostly, I analyze the fundamentals of the altcoins. I only invest in the altcoins that have strong fundamentals. And I usually choose the top 50 altcoins for my long term holding. I rarely invest in new altcoins because most new altcoins aren't trustable. Many of them are scams and failed projects.

How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
I usually hold for 4 years. It is because we have 4 years cycle of bullish-bearish. I buy the crypto coins during the bearish season, then I will take profits in the bullrun/bullish season. I repeat my investment every 4 years, I think this is the safe target to take in the crypto assets.

-    This means that you are a long-term investor, which also means that you sell every time there is a halving that is coming; you will sell at the same time as the bull run arrives. The strategy you are using is good. That also means that you have a stable source of income, and you probably don't have just one source. And I won't find out what that is because it's too personal.

But I like the mindset and strategy that you implement yourself as an investor in this field of the crypto space, and I admire you for that matter, honestly speaking. I will imitate what you do, at least little by little.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2024, 08:09:06 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Online milewilda

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1526
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 11:48:36 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2024, 08:43:37 PM »
We all are aware of the higher risk involved in trading than HODLing and it has always been advisable to HODL rather than trade especially to Beginners.

As for me, I even see trading more safe than holding for anybody, this is not even on beginners alone, you can't keep on with the use of altcoins always and be trading them without avoiding some level of risk unlike when you are holding which is more dangerous to because you don't know what may comes out of the coin, you can keep holding for long without the coin performing well and at the cause, it may also get down and fail, but trading could always only include a short period of holding before trading any coin.
Nope. its the opposite because dealing up with market volatility isnt something that anyone could be able to get a hold with on which it would really be needing up that specific skills on which  you would really be needing to have to sustain yourself on what you do trade and could be able to bare up with the risks involved with it. This is why some people do really decided on holding
just because t hey cant be able to handle themselves about the risks and this is why it would really be that much better option rather than on making yourself that
tending to make trades forcibly. You would be able to see for yourself on how risky it would be.

Offline Gideon99

• Activity: 163
  • Last Active: April 14, 2024, 11:16:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    100 Posts 50 Posts Avatar
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2024, 07:24:57 AM »
We all are aware of the higher risk involved in trading than HODLing and it has always been advisable to HODL rather than trade especially to Beginners. Just few days after new year this happened :Market dip hit crypto traders with over $650 million in long liquidations last week. This gives more reasons to avoid trading especially for beginners, since traders may usually fall into pump and dump Schemes and trading especially when trading Altcoins. Its advisable to HODL but the reason I made this post is about from the fact that, we know the surety of HODLing bitcoin, it can be HODL for over a decade but this is not true for most altcoins. Though I have 2 altcoins I can advice anyone to HODL which are Solona and Ethereum while I may have surety of HODLing altcoins for at most 2 years maybe with an exception of Ethereum which I may HODL longer.
I know there are other altcoins worth HODLing but I guess my knowledge is quite vague about investing and HODLing altcoins and so I will like to ask the questions.
  • How do you know an altcoin will be good for HODLing?
  • How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
Altcoin HODLing can be bumpy, but there are some factors to consider to navigate the choppy waters  *invest in altcoin with strong use cases: look for an altcoin that will solve the world problems and have strong community             * don't panic to sell : don't make any rash decisions because of the short terms price changes * patient * diversify your altcoin portfolio: don't hope on one altcoin invest on variety of altcoins to spread out risk.

Offline DAMKAR

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 02:55:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2024, 08:13:45 AM »
We all are aware of the higher risk involved in trading than HODLing and it has always been advisable to HODL rather than trade especially to Beginners.

As for me, I even see trading more safe than holding for anybody, this is not even on beginners alone, you can't keep on with the use of altcoins always and be trading them without avoiding some level of risk unlike when you are holding which is more dangerous to because you don't know what may comes out of the coin, you can keep holding for long without the coin performing well and at the cause, it may also get down and fail, but trading could always only include a short period of holding before trading any coin.
Nope. its the opposite because dealing up with market volatility isnt something that anyone could be able to get a hold with on which it would really be needing up that specific skills on which  you would really be needing to have to sustain yourself on what you do trade and could be able to bare up with the risks involved with it. This is why some people do really decided on holding
just because t hey cant be able to handle themselves about the risks and this is why it would really be that much better option rather than on making yourself that
tending to make trades forcibly. You would be able to see for yourself on how risky it would be.

If you don't have good skills and experience in trading, you should choose holding. Hold some coins safe. such as bitcoin and several other topcoins. As you say, if you can't handle crypto volatility you might as well be a better holder.

Offline kulkhan

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1415
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 08:22:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2024, 03:09:28 AM »
Now we are seeing Bitcoin price increasing hardly. We know when Bitcoin price increase then Altcoin price also increase. Now we ase seeing Bitcoin price increasing But most of  Altcoin are not increasing with ratio. I think when bitcoin price will stable then Altcoin price will increase hugely. So i think now best time to hold altcoin. Who will Hold altcoin now he will easily profitable 4x-5x there has no doubt i think.
I am also Holding Some Altcoin including Ethereum. So who are Already invested on Altcoin please hold i believe altcoin will give huge profit there has no doubt.

Offline dekafee79

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2498
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 12:06:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2024, 04:38:27 AM »
Now we are seeing Bitcoin price increasing hardly. We know when Bitcoin price increase then Altcoin price also increase. Now we ase seeing Bitcoin price increasing But most of  Altcoin are not increasing with ratio. I think when bitcoin price will stable then Altcoin price will increase hugely. So i think now best time to hold altcoin. Who will Hold altcoin now he will easily profitable 4x-5x there has no doubt i think.
I am also Holding Some Altcoin including Ethereum. So who are Already invested on Altcoin please hold i believe altcoin will give huge profit there has no doubt.

For now, if you already have a lot of potential coins in your wallet, it's best to hold onto them until the bull season. Hold is the best way while waiting for the bullish season. We can also stake potential coins such as bitcoin and ethereum.

Offline FOKA33

• Activity: 128
  • Last Active: April 13, 2024, 06:05:49 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    100 Posts Mobile User Poll Voter
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2024, 12:20:00 AM »
We all are aware of the higher risk involved in trading than HODLing and it has always been advisable to HODL rather than trade especially to Beginners. Just few days after new year this happened :Market dip hit crypto traders with over $650 million in long liquidations last week. This gives more reasons to avoid trading especially for beginners, since traders may usually fall into pump and dump Schemes and trading especially when trading Altcoins. Its advisable to HODL but the reason I made this post is about from the fact that, we know the surety of HODLing bitcoin, it can be HODL for over a decade but this is not true for most altcoins. Though I have 2 altcoins I can advice anyone to HODL which are Solona and Ethereum while I may have surety of HODLing altcoins for at most 2 years maybe with an exception of Ethereum which I may HODL longer.
I know there are other altcoins worth HODLing but I guess my knowledge is quite vague about investing and HODLing altcoins and so I will like to ask the questions.
  • How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
1) altcoins are alternative of Bitcoin. i.e coins that are not Bitcoin. Researching on altcoins that have great potentials and uniqueness in the cryptocurrency space, researching on centralized or decentralized exchange CEX, DEX, mining, lending, farming, gaming etc.
2) HODLing for long-term for years is the best not purchasing a coin today and expect the ROI/return of Investment to be above 1000%.Rome wasn't built in a day, so holding should be for years with coins that have great potentials and uses cases. BTC has been for years. The amount you can afford to lose, high risk high reward.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2024, 12:20:00 AM »

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 699
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 06:36:58 AM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2024, 03:34:09 AM »
For now, if you already have a lot of potential coins in your wallet, it's best to hold onto them until the bull season. Hold is the best way while waiting for the bullish season. We can also stake potential coins such as bitcoin and ethereum.
I think now we have entered the era of bull season because I see a lot of altcoins that are increasing their prices and indeed holding assets is the best way to stay awake so as not to lose money, because when the price collapses and sell it at a cheap price then only losses will be obtained.

Offline therozaq

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2639
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 04, 2024, 06:48:55 AM
    • View Profile

too active, 25 Posts in one day 2500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2024, 07:08:54 AM »
I think now we have entered the era of bull season because I see a lot of altcoins that are increasing their prices and indeed holding assets is the best way to stay awake so as not to lose money, because when the price collapses and sell it at a cheap price then only losses will be obtained.

Of course, currently the best way to make a profit is to hold. Because the bitcoin halving occurred and the bullish season will last a long time, the peak of which is expected to occur next year. While we hold our coins, we can do staking and daily trading to get profits.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Learn Bitcoin

• Activity: 887
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 01:32:54 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Mobile User
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2024, 07:26:12 AM »
Altcoins do have a very high risk and as you said, it is not good to use all capital only for altcoins. It is better to divide some capital into altcoins and the other part into the main coin, namely Bitcoin, Altcoins such as BNB and Ethereum are only used to grow If you own Bitcoin, you can get quite a lot of profit.

Bitcoin is indeed the main cryptocurrency that affects other currencies as well. But you should know that Bitcoin won't give you maximum profit. If I talk about my portfolio, 90% of my investments are on Bitcoin, and it is now 2x from where I initially moved my coins to my cold wallet. But, when it comes to my other 10% holdings that are alts, most of them grew more than 2x since the same period of time. I bought Theta for $1, but now it's trading over $3. Other alts like DOT, ENJ, and AVAX also grew more than 2x now. It's not the alt season yet. Alts will start moving if BTC trades sideways for a couple of weeks. So, if you want to take maximum profit from holding, you should consider having some altcoins. But, you should be aware of the risk as well.

Online $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1735
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 01:30:35 PM
    • View Profile

Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2024, 03:47:53 PM »

Of course, currently the best way to make a profit is to hold. Because the bitcoin halving occurred and the bullish season will last a long time, the peak of which is expected to occur next year. While we hold our coins, we can do staking and daily trading to get profits.
This is the best time, I agree with that, but we also have to remember to keep investing in altcoins that have great potential for us to hold during the rise, don't make mistakes in analyzing because that will make us lose.

I prefer to hold some coins that already have good credibility in the market, in my opinion it is safer for us to hold in the long term, precisely during the rise. But I also won't be greedy, if it gives me a profit in the near future I won't hesitate to withdraw it.

Offline Power420

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1256
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 02:06:07 AM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster 1000 Posts Poll Starter
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2024, 11:45:42 PM »

This is the best time, I agree with that, but we also have to remember to keep investing in altcoins that have great potential for us to hold during the rise, don't make mistakes in analyzing because that will make us lose.

I prefer to hold some coins that already have good credibility in the market, in my opinion it is safer for us to hold in the long term, precisely during the rise. But I also won't be greedy, if it gives me a profit in the near future I won't hesitate to withdraw it.
I couldn't agree more with you, as I believe Bitcoin is the only long-term holding. You mention Altcoin coin here but Altcoin is not trustworthy. Because many Altcoins I have seen crashed from the market such as Luna Coin, FTX Coin, etc. and many other coins have completely crashed from the market. Due to which the price of all coins, including the Bitcoin market, plummeted, which happened at the end of 2022. So if you have to believe then believe the only Bitcoin that no other coin compares to.

Offline elbans89

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1575
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: March 24, 2024, 05:24:22 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2024, 08:04:49 AM »

I couldn't agree more with you, as I believe Bitcoin is the only long-term holding. You mention Altcoin coin here but Altcoin is not trustworthy. Because many Altcoins I have seen crashed from the market such as Luna Coin, FTX Coin, etc. and many other coins have completely crashed from the market. Due to which the price of all coins, including the Bitcoin market, plummeted, which happened at the end of 2022. So if you have to believe then believe the only Bitcoin that no other coin compares to.

Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies, if you buy at the bottom and hold on for a few years, you will make quite a big profit. buy 2021/2022 when it is bearish and hold until now. That's what many people do, they just buy and hold.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline bayu7adi

• Activity: 1135
  • Last Active: Today at 10:18:24 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2024, 06:51:38 PM »
Seeing the developer and also the size of the community. Business models that can survive for a long time can also be a consideration for our fundamental analysis. Basically, for long-term holding, we only need fundamental analysis, we leave the rest to the platform. If there are suspicious indications regarding the movements of the developer and platform, then at that time you can take other steps.

As a new holder, I have a holding target based on altseason and btcseason, where this pattern has only been seen in the past 4 years, meaning that maybe I will sell this period based on the halving time, the highest point being at the end of 2024 to mid-2025.

Offline LUCKMCFLY

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 02:31:07 AM
    • View Profile

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2024, 09:02:35 PM »
I am very curious about something, I know that many investors focus on investing in altcoins, the truth is I do not do technical or fundamental analysis of altcoins, but I know that many in the forum are much more experts in this aspect, what criteria do they take to make a fundamental analysis? knowing that bitcoin is what gives oxygen to altcoins, and how they determine that they can invest in an altcoin without LUNA happening to it, although I have a friend who invested in LUNA when it was very down because he told me that they had to increase He lowered the price a little to take profits and he invested a lot of money and then waited for that rapid rise and he left his take profit well established and passed, thus making a lot of money.

In the case of Hodl with altcoins, I would invest in ETH and at least the first 4 most important ones, but there are people who have so much vision that they are capable of buying an altcoin with a low price and then it increases a lot, what criteria do they take based on to what I have said and considering the possible fundamentals that affect bitcoin.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██