follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Beware of airdrop-related phishing emails  (Read 663 times)

Offline NotATether

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1387
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 08:13:53 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Bad Signature Avatar
Beware of airdrop-related phishing emails
« on: May 02, 2024, 11:38:44 AM »
Now, as some of you reading this know, I am a well-off person who doesn't need to scrape airdrops in order to live. But recently, I have started to receive many phishing emails from people looking to take over my Github account. The messages go something like this:

"We see you have contributed to web3.py [this is true] and that you are elligible for a XYZ airdrop [or some other acronym] so please allow me to use your Github account for 10 minutes so that I can help you claim it."

Or other times its "Please give us money so that we can claim the airdrop for you."

Now I have not attempted to claim any airdrop or reply to these people but what I am certain is that someone, somewhere, has indeed added me to an airdrop. Maybe this one: https://airdrops.io/starknet/

But I'm not going to take any of them. I don't care about airdrops and I'm jsut writing this to warn you guys of similar phishing attempts I have received in my mailbox.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Beware of airdrop-related phishing emails
« on: May 02, 2024, 11:38:44 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15997
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 09:18:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
Re: Beware of airdrop-related phishing emails
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 11:01:46 PM »
"We see you have contributed to web3.py [this is true] and that you are elligible for a XYZ airdrop [or some other acronym] so please allow me to use your Github account for 10 minutes so that I can help you claim it."

Or other times its "Please give us money so that we can claim the airdrop for you."
Well, I can't believe that in 2024 scammers are still using such outdated content, at least they should find some way that is actually more credible ^^ What's even more unbelievable is that many people still continue to be scammed, lose their accounts and crypto assets to scammers because of such silly content. Be careful with any information that is actively sent to our email, as it may come with some risk. Thank you for sharing this information so that we can all be more vigilant.

I also realize that our data is being abused in some way: our emails, phone numbers, and social media accounts are being sold to scammers, we are becoming a commodity and potential victims. Just 1% of the people who receive these emails get scammed, the scammer can be satisfied and continue to attack more people in many different ways in the future :(
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline msz900

• Activity: 1090
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 07:19:34 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 06:01:30 AM »
Now, as some of you reading this know, I am a well-off person who doesn't need to scrape airdrops in order to live. But recently, I have started to receive many phishing emails from people looking to take over my Github account. The messages go something like this:

Now I have not attempted to claim any airdrop or reply to these people but what I am certain is that someone, somewhere, has indeed added me to an airdrop. Maybe this one: https://airdrops.io/starknet/

But I'm not going to take any of them. I don't care about airdrops and I'm jsut writing this to warn you guys of similar phishing attempts I have received in my mailbox.

Phishing emails are common even if you don't know about the crypto, as the attacker are alway looking for innocent targets.
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4235
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 03:49:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Quick Poster 50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 12:17:58 PM »
Now, as some of you reading this know, I am a well-off person who doesn't need to scrape airdrops in order to live. I'm not going to take any of them. I don't care about airdrops and I'm just writing this to warn you guys of similar phishing attempts I have received in my mailbox.

I am wishing that am also a well-off person just like you so please rub some of your luck to me in the world of cryptocurrency though I know you must have been working hard to be where you are now so congratulations and I am happy for me. So far, I still have to see some barrage of emails with the intent to victimize me and maybe because I am not active with my Github account as I am a very much technically-challenged guy. However, I do always receive many private messages in Twitter telling me to participate with this and that...and I know for sure those are just another scams and I already know how to avoid them. These days, as more and more people are getting interested to be a part of the cryptocurrency industry, there is a correlated growth of people who are using many creative ways to connect with people and scam them as much as they can. We have to be careful always...we must always doubt and must think thrice before jumping into anything as we can never be sure if we are thrown to the deep blue sea or to a burning frying pan.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1503
  • Last Active: Today at 08:25:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 12:29:11 PM »

Phishing emails are common even if you don't know about the crypto, as the attacker are alway looking for innocent targets.
Yeah true. That is why we should be careful on clicking links that was sent to us as we all know that phishing links may looks legit and if we are hesitant about it or in doubt just don't click or else something like our funds would be stolen without us knowing.

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1658
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 04:26:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 01:26:20 PM »
~snip~

Considering that there are hundreds or even thousands of hacked databases that are shared or sold online, it is not at all surprising that most people receive such a spam/phishing e-mail from time to time. My advice is not to ignore such an e-mail, but to use the option to report it as spam, which means that after a certain number of reports, the same e-mail will be forwarded directly to the spam folder of other e-mail boxes.
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Charles-Tim

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1602
  • Last Active: May 16, 2024, 09:51:10 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 01:40:40 PM »
Well, I can't believe that in 2024 scammers are still using such outdated content, at least they should find some way that is actually more credible ^^ What's even more unbelievable is that many people still continue to be scammed, lose their accounts and crypto assets to scammers because of such silly content.
You answered the question that you can't believe such scam or hack still exists. You later added that some people are still getting scammed. Many people are ignorant and scammers are using a scam means to still be able to scam them. Scammers will continue to use it if people are still falling for the scam and not having any issue with it. Airdrop scam is still common and some people will not understand, especially newbies.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 01:40:40 PM »

Offline bounceback

• Activity: 902
  • Last Active: Today at 06:52:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Karma Good 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 02:24:41 PM »
Many scammer still use this method for scamming us by sending phising email, usually they are giving about claim coins or token trough phising email link and make us believing with reward airdrop receiving.
Many kinds or method using by scammer currently behind several airdrop need claiming firstly for receiving coins, some scammer sending phising link to our email account and other scammer make modify or make similar phising link from official airdrop claiming coins.
be careful and don't use primary email for joining an airdrop because your email not privacy any more after filling form in airdrop project.

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1180
  • Last Active: Today at 06:59:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2024, 02:54:03 PM »
Many scammer still use this method for scamming us by sending phising email, usually they are giving about claim coins or token trough phising email link and make us believing with reward airdrop receiving.
Many kinds or method using by scammer currently behind several airdrop need claiming firstly for receiving coins, some scammer sending phising link to our email account and other scammer make modify or make similar phising link from official airdrop claiming coins.
be careful and don't use primary email for joining an airdrop because your email not privacy any more after filling form in airdrop project.
This is nothing new, but it seems that there are still many people who are still fooled by this type of fraud. I also often get emails or private messages, but I don't pay attention to them.

Even if I'm curious, I can immediately check their official information. For example, I can directly ask them on their social media and that is very helpful because usually they respond quickly if there is something suspicious. What is clear is that we must not be lazy to check further, including asking the team.

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1730
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 11:32:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2024, 04:34:51 PM »
I just noticed that the number of times I've witnessed a bull run is that during times like this, the scammers are even more desperate. The thickness of the face is the courage of lime; the face of these scammers like that is also very thick. They really make their victims stupid.

When that's what you say to receive airdrop's, it's really obvious that they're scammers; you shouldn't accommodate them.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1658
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 04:26:37 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2024, 05:05:59 PM »
I just noticed that the number of times I've witnessed a bull run is that during times like this, the scammers are even more desperate.

Scammers are not desperate, they are just seizing an opportunity when people are more interested in cryptocurrencies than usual. Spam/phishing e-mails are something that happens constantly and I personally have not noticed that I receive more such messages than usual.

The thickness of the face is the courage of lime; the face of these scammers like that is also very thick. They really make their victims stupid.

I would rather say that the victims make themselves stupid, because realistically no scammer of that type can do anything without a naive victim. In other words, these same scammers would disappear very quickly if they didn't have a very good reason to do exactly what they do.
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline robelneo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1868
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 08:27:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Sixth year Anniversary Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2024, 05:34:40 PM »

Scammers will continue to do this they know that there will always be newbies that will be enticed to connect their wallets and claims, another scheme of these airdrops is launching task campaigns to increase the followers of their social media or their clients, some airdrops are even referral based.
People should stop doing worthless airdrops if the platform does not have utility or usage or they are being used to do tasks like bounty campaigns.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline DYING_S0UL

• Activity: 381
  • A Simple act of Kindness creates an Endless Ripple
  • Last Active: May 11, 2024, 07:59:17 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2024, 07:43:03 PM »
I don't care about airdrops and I'm jsut writing this to warn you guys of similar phishing attempts I have received in my mailbox.
Lol, I can't even remember the last time I actually checked my mail. Gmail is the most rarely used app on my phone. It's filled with thousands of emails, but I'm so lazy that I never checked them. The only time I use it is when I need OTP or email confirmation. So I'm kinda safe from these kind of scams.  :)
A Simple act of Kindness creates an Endless Ripple.

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1659
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 08:41:48 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2024, 02:01:05 AM »

This is a very '90's way of scamming people TBH. A very common way of scamming people, but it seems like it's working because they are still using it.
Anyway, I didn't expect that scammers will beg for money. :D

Kidding aside, I'm joining airdrops a few times this year, but those are the ones that requires me to stake some X tokens in order to get this airdrop (for ex. ATOM and OSMO to get TIA airdrop, etc.). I don't join to this type of airdrops, but I'm the type of a guy who is very suspicious at first hence, when I see that the email or the content of the text suspicious, I just simply ignore it like what I'm doing for many years already.

If you're the type of person that's joining airdrops, maybe getting the official emails of those projects might help so that it will decrease your chances of getting scammed. Don't entertain random emails unless you want to troll them. :D

Online yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1802
  • Last Active: Today at 10:11:18 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2024, 06:27:18 AM »
Thank you for the warning
In fact, I have dozens, perhaps hundreds, of these garbage emails in my inbox. I always ignore them, but I am tired of their large number. Fortunately, they come to me on my secondary mail because I rarely share my primary mail on websites.

What makes me laugh the most about these scam emails are those that ask you for some money or fees to send an airdrop. This is a very stupid method of phishing, and I cannot believe that anyone could fall into this ridiculous trap.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG