follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Why do people panic and sell their bitcoin when it falls in value?  (Read 19025 times)

Offline bhadz

• Activity: 1131
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 09:27:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter 1000 Posts Karma
Re: Why do people panic and sell their bitcoin when it falls in value?
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2024, 07:58:11 PM »
Lacking of experience in the market. I was like that when I was playing out the buy and sell and I thought that it's like a nothing to be worried. But when a person is new to the market, after seeing the price of BTC going down, what will come to his mind at the first glance is about his portfolio is dropping and losing them all. That's the reason why many panics, they don't have enough experience and tenure in the market because they think that it is the end of the world.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2024, 07:58:11 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline BitMaxz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1543
  • Intraday its not mine
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 06:42:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Poll Voter Karma Topic Starter
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2024, 08:19:29 PM »
Lacking of experience in the market. I was like that when I was playing out the buy and sell and I thought that it's like a nothing to be worried. But when a person is new to the market, after seeing the price of BTC going down, what will come to his mind at the first glance is about his portfolio is dropping and losing them all. That's the reason why many panics, they don't have enough experience and tenure in the market because they think that it is the end of the world.
Newbies are always afraid of losing too much it is the same as regretting selling your assets too early instead of holding them.
Fear is the reason why people, investors, and newbies end up panic just like if they heard bad news about Bitcoin and the price just drops a bit I believe they panic and sell their assets early because they think the Bitcoin price will drop a lot. Those who know about Bitcoin are always happy if the price is falling because they can later do a DCA and make a profit later that's the difference between a newbie and people who know about Bitcoin and crypto.
Tip box: bc1q5lhq6trmn0e3scncd3rn4203mltptue4m0nwfz

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1185
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 11:24:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2024, 10:25:33 PM »

Lack of experience is one thing that causes panic sell and others are lack of proper knowledge about Bitcoin and also the lack of good orientation from your mentor. Some people normally invest all their money into Bitcoin with out any reserve for personal needs and desires, so if the price of the asset they invested on is dropping, they will quickly sell off because they don't want to lose their capital.

Most of those people that panic sell, don't know the rules of do not invest what you can not afford to lose or the amount you can not hold for a long time.

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1195
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 04:45:19 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2024, 09:06:06 PM »
Yes, we need enough experience and knowledge to make us more calm when we see a price drop or correction. New people entering this space will certainly panic and it is very natural because maybe they have not experienced the same thing before or their knowledge is not extensive, and it can be learned over time.

You are also right, cold money or money that is not used for other needs is one of the keys to making us calmer in holding bitcoin for a long time, it is very influential.
We cannot deny that experience in crypto and knowledge that continues to be honed to better understand will provide the ability to be more patient in seeing situations that are likely to quickly change, improve or be corrected. Panic is a human thing that anyone can experience, but again, I agree with you because it usually happens because someone has never experienced it, so it is necessary to continue to hone your knowledge and learn continuously.
That's right, make investments or whatever if you can use funds that are not connected to calculated needs, because if you experience a loss it won't be involved in your daily life, and won't cause more panic and wrong steps in anticipation.
That's the point, fear and panic are human nature, it's experience and knowledge that makes it all better. I won't deny that I had my share of fear and panic in the beginning. But after understanding, it went away on its own.

So never stop learning at every opportunity, the passage of time is also an opportunity for us to gain experience and knowledge so that we can be better in the future. Never hesitate for that.

Offline LUCKMCFLY

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 12:11:10 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2024, 09:53:35 PM »
Today the market was very active, in fact it reached $64k and then it is falling, it is already at $60k, this is because we saw it, we Noticed it and some were going crazy, but what I see about this is the following: Investors were testing this price level and they went up to where they asked for, so in view of these things we have seen that things in the market are about to go up, they are missing out on supply, if they see that it reached $64k and then went down Or , it must be that there is great resistance in that range, which means that many are selling at $64k.

Sometimes the market speculators, the big whales do this to see how much the price can go up and when they encounter a big wall of sales they retreat, but they know that that range is the one they should attack the most, so there is this type of event and It can only make us see that things can be very determining and we do not hesitate to hodl all the btc that we can.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Cantsay

• Activity: 1050
  • [center]FOFF[/center]
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 12:40:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Poll Votes Quick Poster 1000 Posts
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2024, 10:13:32 PM »
Newbies are always afraid of losing too much it is the same as regretting selling your assets too early instead of holding them.

Sometimes this fear also helps when we’re dealing with some altcoins. I remember the first few altcoins I bought when I newly got into crypto and due to the news I heard back then about altcoin not going back up in price when they fall I had to rush and sell when I noticed a downtrend and it did save me from losing all my money because up till this day the price of that coin never regained its value.
FOFF

Offline DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1115
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 04:23:37 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2024, 10:16:58 PM »
Yes, we need enough experience and knowledge to make us more calm when we see a price drop or correction. New people entering this space will certainly panic and it is very natural because maybe they have not experienced the same thing before or their knowledge is not extensive, and it can be learned over time.

You are also right, cold money or money that is not used for other needs is one of the keys to making us calmer in holding bitcoin for a long time, it is very influential.
We cannot deny that experience in crypto and knowledge that continues to be honed to better understand will provide the ability to be more patient in seeing situations that are likely to quickly change, improve or be corrected. Panic is a human thing that anyone can experience, but again, I agree with you because it usually happens because someone has never experienced it, so it is necessary to continue to hone your knowledge and learn continuously.
That's right, make investments or whatever if you can use funds that are not connected to calculated needs, because if you experience a loss it won't be involved in your daily life, and won't cause more panic and wrong steps in anticipation.
That's the point, fear and panic are human nature, it's experience and knowledge that makes it all better. I won't deny that I had my share of fear and panic in the beginning. But after understanding, it went away on its own.

So never stop learning at every opportunity, the passage of time is also an opportunity for us to gain experience and knowledge so that we can be better in the future. Never hesitate for that.
When it comes to investing in Bitcoin, having experience and knowledge sometimes isn't enough to remove the fear and panic we may feel. The key to success is having a deep understanding of this type of investment, including its volatility, and knowing when to buy or sell to avoid those feelings of fear and panic.

Most of the time, even with the knowledge and experience, if they still don't have a deep understanding of what to do or what they are doing, they will just repeatedly make the same mistakes.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2024, 10:16:58 PM »

Offline EthereumDev_

• Activity: 1049
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 08:40:00 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2024, 10:34:28 PM »
Lack of experience is one thing that causes panic sell and others are lack of proper knowledge about Bitcoin and also the lack of good orientation from your mentor. Some people normally invest all their money into Bitcoin with out any reserve for personal needs and desires, so if the price of the asset they invested on is dropping, they will quickly sell off because they don't want to lose their capital.

Most of those people that panic sell, don't know the rules of do not invest what you can not afford to lose or the amount you can not hold for a long time.
I'm sure those who sold at cheap prices are very sorry because currently the price of Bitcoin has managed to break through to $60k, even though the halving is still far away but the price of Bitcoin can reach this expensive which is an extraordinary achievement, Bitcoin at the halving will be at $100k so prepare yourself by buying as much Bitcoin as you can.

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 737
  • Last Active: Today at 04:04:43 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2024, 11:32:10 PM »

Fear and panic are human nature, but that can all disappear when you have a lot of money and earn money easily because economic factors are an important consideration for human life. It could be that the money they use for trading is money that will be used in the near future, but when If you have a lot of money that is easy to get and won't be used in the near future, your panic and fear will disappear instantly.

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1195
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 04:45:19 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #144 on: February 29, 2024, 01:12:27 PM »

When it comes to investing in Bitcoin, having experience and knowledge sometimes isn't enough to remove the fear and panic we may feel. The key to success is having a deep understanding of this type of investment, including its volatility, and knowing when to buy or sell to avoid those feelings of fear and panic.

Most of the time, even with the knowledge and experience, if they still don't have a deep understanding of what to do or what they are doing, they will just repeatedly make the same mistakes.
The knowledge I mean here is of course for all aspects related to bitcoin, we do not sort out only in a few aspects because everything is needed in investing.

It is all summarized in knowledge, of course if we want to discuss one by one there will be many things that we must understand, including what you mentioned. But I think we can understand by just saying knowledge, because knowledge covers everything.

pinguri

« Reply #145 on: February 29, 2024, 01:29:22 PM »
People often panic and sell their coins in the cryptocurrency market due to fear and uncertainty. When prices start dropping rapidly or when there's negative news circulating, people tend to worry about losing their investment and rush to sell before they lose more. Additionally, some investors may lack confidence in the long-term viability of certain cryptocurrencies, leading them to sell in moments of doubt. This behavior is fueled by emotions rather than rational decision-making, and it can exacerbate market volatility. In my opinion, it's important for investors to stay informed, remain level-headed, and have a clear investment strategy to avoid making impulsive decisions during times of market turbulence.

Offline elbans89

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1575
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: March 24, 2024, 05:24:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #146 on: February 29, 2024, 05:33:52 PM »
People often panic and sell their coins in the cryptocurrency market due to fear and uncertainty. When prices start dropping rapidly or when there's negative news circulating, people tend to worry about losing their investment and rush to sell before they lose more. Additionally, some investors may lack confidence in the long-term viability of certain cryptocurrencies, leading them to sell in moments of doubt. This behavior is fueled by emotions rather than rational decision-making, and it can exacerbate market volatility. In my opinion, it's important for investors to stay informed, remain level-headed, and have a clear investment strategy to avoid making impulsive decisions during times of market turbulence.

As I have said before, buy coins that you are confident in and safe. Bitcpin is a safe coin, if a dump occurs, hold on. because bitcoin will rise again. I often experience this, and try to fight panic by learning from previous market movements where Bitcoin will rise again.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Gurujebs

• Activity: 1178
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 10:24:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #147 on: February 29, 2024, 06:28:42 PM »

I don't see selling as a crime, if I can spare $1000 to buy bitcoin when things weren't certain then people that bought at the top thinking the price will go higher shouldn't criticize old investors from selling, some of them bought because they see it as investment and they will sell where there mind tell them to beat any form of curiosity and fear. It wouldn't be nice if after buying and then you refuse to sell and price got drag down and manipulate by the elite.

However, if anyone is buying Bitcoin to hold for a very long time, they have no business in the yearly crash, it has it ways of going back up because even from the historical chart, Bitcoin growth is not linear but an uptrend direction with up and down moments.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline armanda90

• Activity: 1147
  • Last Active: May 18, 2024, 08:17:11 PM
    • View Profile

Karma Good 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2024, 07:05:10 PM »
Lacking experienced with bitcoin correction I think an acceptable reason why many people or investor panic and selling their bitcoin when its fall in values.
I don't think easily get panic selling for some one have much experienced and know more how possibilities happening later after bitcoin getting correction. Most of experienced in trading exactly investing in bitcoin will take advantage when many people panic for selling their bitcoin in lower price for buying back as much possible regarding their how much money having.
They will invest more when many people panic to sell bitcoin and other side have many people with much experienced in trading will buy back.

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1824
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 04:24:36 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2024, 07:15:01 PM »
Lacking experienced with bitcoin correction I think an acceptable reason why many people or investor panic and selling their bitcoin when its fall in values.
I don't think easily get panic selling for some one have much experienced and know more how possibilities happening later after bitcoin getting correction. Most of experienced in trading exactly investing in bitcoin will take advantage when many people panic for selling their bitcoin in lower price for buying back as much possible regarding their how much money having.
They will invest more when many people panic to sell bitcoin and other side have many people with much experienced in trading will buy back.

Reading both of your comments above was very interesting and inspired me, you are right that experience is very necessary when investing because lack of experience will make people panic when the coins they buy suddenly dive sharply to lower prices.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG