follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Claimed BSV Long After the Fork, and It’s a Piece of Cake  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Vilawil

• 1st Step
  • Activity: 1
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: March 19, 2019, 02:27:18 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    First Post Karma Fourth year Anniversary
Claimed BSV Long After the Fork, and It’s a Piece of Cake
« on: March 19, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »
Hi, everyone!

Having joined in 2016, I can call myself a long time Bitcoin enthusiast. I started off with Bitcoin Core, and even though storing the ledger on my disk space was a bit of a hassle, overall things went perfectly fine.

That is, until the Bitcoin Cash fork in 2017, after which I gave up on the idea and switched to Jaxx. Overall, it was a significant improvement for me, as I began expanding my portfolio and diving into crypto again.

But last year I somehow missed the BSV fork. I thought it was too late to jump on that train, as Jaxx never supported it, and I didn’t bother looking elsewhere at the moment.

Recently I stumbled upon Magnum, a wallet that declares it can handle any fork claiming. So I decided to give a try but still emptied my BCH account beforehand, then imported the private key in Magnum and, surprisingly, it worked! I got my long awaited BSV and proceeded to claim a whole lot of other forks I didn't even know I could claim.

If you are a lazy bum like me and still haven’t done this, it’s about time. Just pick a wallet you trust that can do that for you, and be careful.

P.S. If you can recommend any other wallets or services with such functionality, make sure to mention them in the comments, as I personally believe that people should know about it.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Claimed BSV Long After the Fork, and It’s a Piece of Cake
« on: March 19, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: Claimed BSV Long After the Fork, and It’s a Piece of Cake
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 03:02:35 PM »
[...] I decided to give a try but still emptied my BCH account beforehand, then imported the private key in Magnum and, surprisingly, it worked! I got my long awaited BSV and proceeded to claim a whole lot of other forks I didn't even know I could claim.

Take note of what this user did to keep their BCH/BTC secure when claiming a fork.  Remember that if you own the private keys, you will always own the forked coins, then you can claim it in the manner explained above in a safe way. Instead of thinking you need to move it to a "supporting wallet" beforehand.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG