follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Need advice for bitcoin wallet..  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Z-tight

• Activity: 1018
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 06:42:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
Re: Need advice for bitcoin wallet..
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2024, 11:17:05 PM »
You can purchase a hardware wallet, or if you don't want to spend money, you can use either an Electrum wallet or a Trust wallet.
Trust wallet is not a recommended wallet for storing BTC's, it is a closed source wallet and their customers complain of bugs frequently, Trust wallet may be good if you want to store only altcoins, though i will recommend Unstoppable wallet as it is open source and has some features that trust wallet lacks. I.e. you can extend your seed phrase with a passphrase if you use Unstoppable wallet, the disadvantage of this wallet is that it does not have as many coins as Trust wallet does.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2024, 11:17:05 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline bayu7adi

• Activity: 1175
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 04:46:28 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2024, 10:36:14 PM »
Use a non-custodial wallet. Because you completely control the private key that you own.
If you are a newbie and want to just create a wallet for the mobile device platform (Android), you can download BlueWallet for easier use. Meanwhile, if you want more features, Electrum (Android) is the best choice.

If you are a desktop computer user, the Desktop version of Electrum is the best choice currently. Because there are lots of discussions about electrum ranging from light things to technical things.

It is not recommended to use a custodial wallet to store assets for a long time. They could take all your wealth unilaterally one day (it was the worst day for you).

Offline Power420

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1287
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 02:56:17 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster 1000 Posts Poll Starter
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2024, 02:42:32 AM »
Wallets are generally of two types, the first is the hardware wallet, and the second is the software wallet.  If the investor has invested in a large amount of bitcoins then it is appropriate to use the hardware on that person.  And if the investor has relatively less bitcoins to invest then it is usually better to use the software team. 

Now it totally depends on the person if he uses hardware then Safepal , Trazor among these two wallets is much better and security can save a wallet with limited price.

If you use software wallets, including Electrum Wallet, Mycelium Wallet, you will get the most secure full wallet for free. Currently, many investors store bitcoins in these wallets for long-term holdings.

All eggs should not be kept in one nest, if bitcoins are to be stored for a long time then it is best if you store them in different wallets. This is a strategy for investing.

Offline bayu7adi

• Activity: 1175
  • Last Active: Today at 04:46:28 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2024, 05:44:18 PM »
Wallets are generally of two types, the first is the hardware wallet, and the second is the software wallet.  If the investor has invested in a large amount of bitcoins then it is appropriate to use the hardware on that person.  And if the investor has relatively less bitcoins to invest then it is usually better to use the software team. 
- Hardware wallet
- Software wallet
- Paper wallet
- Cold wallet
- Web wallet, etc

For beginners, it is recommended to use a free software type wallet, but for those who have higher projections for a career in the cryptocurrency world, using a hardware wallet can also be learned as a newbie. When we talk about Bitcoin, what is actually prioritized is privacy and security, not based on the amount of money owned.

People who only focus on nominal amounts tend to think of the cryptocurrency world as just a field of money. Even though there is still a lot of good knowledge and lessons from this cryptocurrency.

Offline Z-tight

• View Profile

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2024, 12:13:00 AM »
using a hardware wallet can also be learned as a newbie.
A hardware wallet is easy to use, even for a newbie it is easy to use. It is recommended for newbies to use hardware wallets rather than setting up a wallet in an airgapped device, that is if they decide to store their funds offline, which they obviously should.

I see web wallets in your list, take note that it is not recommended.

Offline Sevi

• Plagiarism strike
  • Activity: 47
  • Last Active: May 03, 2024, 06:25:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Topic Starter 10 Posts Search
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2024, 07:38:20 AM »
Coinbase wallet used without opening an account with other exchange and non'custodial private key, and presented as an easy secure wallet.

Offline Litzki1990

• Activity: 917
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 12:52:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    500 Posts Topic Starter Karma Good
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2024, 09:54:05 AM »
-snip-
You can use Electrum wallet if you don't need to make extra transactions for your bitcoins. This wallet will give you enough security in holding bitcoins. This wallet is safe enough to hold bitcoins compared to other wallets so you can use this wallet.
Good advice, Electrum is also very suitable for beginners because its use is also easy and Electrum is also always in update.
Available for Mobile and Desktop, making it easier to use Portable.
For long-term storage, it is only necessary to store the seed phrase safely.

But keep in mind, the installed device must also be safe and spyware or malware because our Manager has @julerz never experienced hacking on his Electrum wallet.
Beginners usually make the wrong choice of wallet. I have seen most of the new members who use some mobile wallets including Trust Wallet as their initial wallet selection. I am not considering taste wallet as a bad wallet but electrum wallet is much safer than trust wallet for an investor or a new user. I have seen the security system of taste wallet on the other hand I have put the security system of Electrum wallet and comparing the two I definitely found the security system of Electrum wallet much more secure. As I personally find the security of Electrum Wallet to be much safer, I usually recommend Electrum Wallet to others to use.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2024, 09:54:05 AM »

Offline Findingnemo

• Activity: 842
  • Last Active: Today at 04:59:20 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2024, 10:19:27 AM »
Beginners usually make the wrong choice of wallet. I have seen most of the new members who use some mobile wallets including Trust Wallet as their initial wallet selection. I am not considering taste wallet as a bad wallet but electrum wallet is much safer than trust wallet for an investor or a new user. I have seen the security system of taste wallet on the other hand I have put the security system of Electrum wallet and comparing the two I definitely found the security system of Electrum wallet much more secure. As I personally find the security of Electrum Wallet to be much safer, I usually recommend Electrum Wallet to others to use.

The security of the wallet varies depends on where it's installed not really based on the software which can be anything.

Electrum is open-source light weight wallet that allows us to review everything written on their code and we can ensure there is no malicious activity found while creating and using the wallet. But the security is the same which can be compromised anytime as long as it's connected to the internet.

Offline taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1698
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 11:57:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2024, 09:06:13 AM »
The security of the wallet varies depends on where it's installed not really based on the software which can be anything.

Electrum is open-source light weight wallet that allows us to review everything written on their code and we can ensure there is no malicious activity found while creating and using the wallet. But the security is the same which can be compromised anytime as long as it's connected to the internet.
I also use the Electrum wallet from the first time I knew crypto, and it is indeed a good and simple wallet for mobile phones and pcs.
But about security it depends on the user himself.
If the user is alert enough and aware of the security required, then the user will keep the seed phrase well and safely.

Connecting to the internet will indeed have many risks, but it depends on how secure the device used.

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 924
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 05:33:03 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2024, 02:51:49 PM »
If you're interested in using bitcoin wallet for privacy and security, then i will advice you not to use an exchange wallet because they are custodial wallets and you will not have access to the private keys of such wallet, you can check for any of the recommendations from the ones listed for you safety and always remember that not your keys not your coins.

bitcoincore
https://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-core/

Hardware wallets
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hardware_wallet

Wasabi wallet
https://wasabiwallet.io/

Samourai Wallet
https://edubourse.com/en/crypto-monnaie/wallet/samourai-wallet-avis/#:~:text=Samourai%20Wallet%20is%20the%20most,one%20and%20the%20same%20wallet.

Offline BitMaxz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1543
  • Intraday its not mine
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 06:42:36 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Karma Topic Starter
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2024, 07:13:35 PM »
I also use the Electrum wallet from the first time I knew crypto, and it is indeed a good and simple wallet for mobile phones and pcs.
But about security it depends on the user himself.
If the user is alert enough and aware of the security required, then the user will keep the seed phrase well and safely.

Connecting to the internet will indeed have many risks, but it depends on how secure the device used.

Even if your phone or PC is secured it doesn't mean you are not vulnerable to any attacks if the device where the Electrum is installed is always connected online there are still many possible could happen with your device unlike a wallet that is installed on an offline device you are far from any online attacks.
That is why the most secure way is to have cold storage to avoid online attacks.
Tip box: bc1q5lhq6trmn0e3scncd3rn4203mltptue4m0nwfz

Offline Freemind

• Mythical
  • Activity: 9601
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 08:36:11 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2024, 08:31:46 PM »
A clean and updated installation of a Linux distribution, on, for example, a laptop that we do not use, leaving the correct port open and closing the unnecessary ones, is the beginning of basic security. After that we can use many tools, including the firewall (I won't name them since each distribution usually uses a different firewall), and we will have our wallet with above-average security. If the user knows Linux, with patience security can become high. I have installed Electrum on Debian for 7 years and I have not had any problems. I won't say anything about Windows or Mac, since I have never liked platforms with proprietary code and I haven't used them for quite some time.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Findingnemo

• Activity: 842
  • Last Active: Today at 04:59:20 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2024, 08:56:50 PM »
I won't say anything about Windows or Mac, since I have never liked platforms with proprietary code and I haven't used them for quite some time.

I have been using few of my hot wallets via Electrum on both Android and Windows for over 6 years without any compromise to the security of my assets.

On windows, I don't install any apps at all I just kept clean and apps only from the official stores working fine.

But with Android I took some deep dives like Installed many apps still with no problems as long as I give attention to permissions those apps were asking while installation.

Offline Z-tight

• View Profile

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2024, 10:18:24 PM »
bitcoincore
BItcoin core is a full node wallet and even if it is a recommended wallet, i may not recommend it to a newbie who may not have the knowledge or resources to run a full node wallet. Electrum or BlueWallet is enough, it is not a full node wallet, but it gives you all the security you need, if you know what you are doing. However, if you use any wallet, without running your own node, you lose your privacy to third party nodes.

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 712
  • Last Active: May 13, 2024, 01:11:13 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2024, 11:35:11 PM »
bitcoincore
BItcoin core is a full node wallet and even if it is a recommended wallet, i may not recommend it to a newbie who may not have the knowledge or resources to run a full node wallet. Electrum or BlueWallet is enough, it is not a full node wallet, but it gives you all the security you need, if you know what you are doing. However, if you use any wallet, without running your own node, you lose your privacy to third party nodes.
There are many bitcoin wallets in circulation but I still believe in Electrum, until now only Electrum has the best and most trusted bitcoin wallet. The security of the electrum wallet has also been recognized by many people throughout the world.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG