follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Don't reply to low-quality topics, report them to moderator  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3437
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 07:16:50 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: Don't reply to low-quality topics, report them to moderator
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2024, 01:40:56 PM »
How do mods deal with new topics that are unnecessary because there are already existing and active threads that covers that?

Here are some examples:
Not needed - https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=319149.0
Duplicate - https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=319103.0

The OP must have read that topic creation gives more points that is why he keeps creating topics in the gambling board.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2024, 01:40:56 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Online Agbe

• Activity: 1095
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 05:37:03 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Voter Quick Poster 1000 Posts
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2024, 05:05:13 PM »
How do mods deal with new topics that are unnecessary because there are already existing and active threads that covers that?

Here are some examples:
Not needed - https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=319149.0
Duplicate - https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=319103.0

The OP must have read that topic creation gives more points that is why he keeps creating topics in the gambling board.
That is a spammer and a shitposter. How can someone post the same league in two different threads. And topics like this is very simple to handle and the best way to is just to lock the thread and that is all because once it is lock other users can not make comments again so it would go down to the bottom of the board. Most of the threads we make comments are ancient threads and the ones that are not good should be locked while the ones contribute meaningful things should continue.

Offline KingsDen

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1553
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 12:38:11 AM
    • View Profile

Search Poll Voter 1000 Posts
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2024, 07:22:03 PM »
There are some users who believe in the philosophy of; has there is a topic, there must be contribution. So, they tend to reply to every post and questions even when they are shitty or appear dumb. Besides, some members could be looking for cheap topics to contribute and complete their weekly quota. The fastest solution is to lock the topic. I believe there's such a function here. That is if you feel there are important comments in the posts that needs not to be deleted or trashed. I doubt that a shit thread will generate quality post.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline bitterguy28

• Activity: 1018
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 03:25:13 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2024, 02:06:19 PM »
There is this account that I am following recently and continues seeing creating low quality thread , I don't know if His target is to gain points or giving way for His alt accounts to have place to complete their post counts.

I have reported couple of His threads but dunno if being deleted or acted by the mods .

But with this thread , I will follow your advise and not to engage in that topic instead I will directly report that.

If you have an obvious case of spamming don't want for the mods- give the user -Karma. The -Karma system was created for such users, this way ability to rank up will be reduced and eventually all his points would be wiped.

You can also report such users on this thread https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=62493.585
Yeah but I am still FM when I posted this means i still have no Karma to be given but now?  i kept giving karma to those posts that I believe either necrobumping and shill thread , and also those low quality topics , maybe have awarded some just today.

Offline Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1085
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 03:46:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2024, 02:01:35 PM »
There are some users who believe in the philosophy of; has there is a topic, there must be contribution. So, they tend to reply to every post and questions even when they are shitty or appear dumb. Besides, some members could be looking for cheap topics to contribute and complete their weekly quota. The fastest solution is to lock the topic. I believe there's such a function here. That is if you feel there are important comments in the posts that needs not to be deleted or trashed. I doubt that a shit thread will generate quality post.

Even if it's not about the weekly quota, a lot of newbies don't understand such things and they would respond to almost every post they see and read in any section they are surfing as long as they can write something about the topic being discussed. So locking a thread would prevent such things from happening.

Talking about quality posts in a shit thread, they would stay if a thread is locked, which is why when a user reports a low-quality post or thread, moderators should have a look at all the replies and if they feel there are useful responses in it, they shouldn't remove the thread but simply lock it.

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15805
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 02:27:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2024, 07:15:11 PM »
Even if it's not about the weekly quota, a lot of newbies don't understand such things and they would respond to almost every post they see and read in any section they are surfing as long as they can write something about the topic being discussed. So locking a thread would prevent such things from happening.

Talking about quality posts in a shit thread, they would stay if a thread is locked, which is why when a user reports a low-quality post or thread, moderators should have a look at all the replies and if they feel there are useful responses in it, they shouldn't remove the thread but simply lock it.
To be honest, I am not willing to lock a topic with many good comments, because at that point, the entire thread (topic content + comments) is of very good quality and deserves to be interacted with by everyone. I consider locking a topic when it is still attracting members to be an extreme action, I myself do not do this, and I do not encourage others to do so.

I think the solution is for each of us to ignore low-quality topics or threads. We are not obligated to comment on every topic we see! Of course, I don't think it will completely discourage members from creating low-quality topics, it just needs to work and be 80% effective to increase the quality of the forum  ;D
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline damsix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2466
  • Last Active: April 16, 2024, 05:31:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2024, 03:58:54 AM »
Recently I've seen the appearance of many new low-quality topics:
+ Include only 1-2 simple sentences.
+ Do not provide any useful information.
+ Do not have any personal opinions.
I often see these 3 points in various low quality threads and this is what makes us not need to reply and just let it be.
I'd rather avoid the thread than reply to it because it would be controversial if I insisted on replying.

Maybe it's better after that I will give a PM to the member so that he can improve the quality of his post and make it more useful in creating threads.
In the context of problems like this, we have to be wise and provide solutions to members who make mistakes because this is a warning or suggestion so that they can be better at the altcoinstalks forum.
retire and rest in peace

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2024, 03:58:54 AM »

Online Freemind

• * President *
  • Mythical
  • Activity: 9503
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 05:39:04 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2024, 10:56:16 AM »
I often see these 3 points in various low quality threads and this is what makes us not need to reply and just let it be.
I'd rather avoid the thread than reply to it because it would be controversial if I insisted on replying.

Maybe it's better after that I will give a PM to the member so that he can improve the quality of his post and make it more useful in creating threads.
In the context of problems like this, we have to be wise and provide solutions to members who make mistakes because this is a warning or suggestion so that they can be better at the altcoinstalks forum.

Unfortunately, that's something that doesn't work. For a long time I sent PMs to users to improve the quality of their posts, warning them of the consequences, I even wrote posts directly to other users in their responses. But in 99% of cases it didn't help and they continued writing LQP posts. The most curious thing about these cases is that these users know that they are not doing things right, but they still continue with their behavior, as if no one was going to do anything, or we didn't notice. We must use the tools available on the forum to avoid that type of "content". Affected users can always return to a "normal" account using the available mechanisms, they just need the will to do it right.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline damsix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2466
  • Last Active: April 16, 2024, 05:31:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2024, 04:50:33 AM »

Unfortunately, that's something that doesn't work. For a long time I sent PMs to users to improve the quality of their posts, warning them of the consequences, I even wrote posts directly to other users in their responses. But in 99% of cases it didn't help and they continued writing LQP posts. The most curious thing about these cases is that these users know that they are not doing things right, but they still continue with their behavior, as if no one was going to do anything, or we didn't notice. We must use the tools available on the forum to avoid that type of "content". Affected users can always return to a "normal" account using the available mechanisms, they just need the will to do it right.
Just like me, I also tend to experience a lot of failure in providing education to members who continuously make Spammer type posts, even though previously I had also given direct warnings through post replies or quotes.
We can only think positively because we are in a friendly forum and this is one of the best forms for us as members who have broad insight to provide education to those who always make Low Quality Posts.

But if the member continuously makes mistakes by making Spam posts, then I used to (when I was a Modz) immediately delete the posts or move them to the "Quarantine and Test Area" sub-forum.
Why did I move the Spam post?
Due to the fear that the post's authenticity could still be tested if an appeal is filed, this is also my policy between deleting the post and moving the post.
retire and rest in peace

Offline DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1056
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 03:09:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2024, 08:08:18 AM »
Just like me, I also tend to experience a lot of failure in providing education to members who continuously make Spammer type posts, even though previously I had also given direct warnings through post replies or quotes.
We can only think positively because we are in a friendly forum and this is one of the best forms for us as members who have broad insight to provide education to those who always make Low Quality Posts.
Focus on improving the post quality, we better make sure that we continue to give helpful information to anyone who is commonly reading each thread in this forum. Don't just think positively, not because we have a friendly community here, we will not do our best to try to improve our post quality. Let's help each other on this part.

But if the member continuously makes mistakes by making Spam posts, then I used to (when I was a Modz) immediately delete the posts or move them to the "Quarantine and Test Area" sub-forum.
Due to the fear that the post's authenticity could still be tested if an appeal is filed, this is also my policy between deleting the post and moving the post.
That would be the best action we can take. We will report to the moderator and let them decide on the next action. If the user continuously makes a low-quality post or only contributes spam posts, it's guaranteed that they will be put to watch list.

Online Freemind

• * President *
  • Mythical
    • View Profile

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2024, 11:43:42 AM »

I think spam posts shouldn't be moved anywhere, they should be deleted directly, after that the user should be notified (something I don't do anymore) and an initial warning sent. If we had to notify each user via PM that they were just posting spam, we would never finish, and what's worse, we would waste time because, as I said in my previous post, that doesn't work. If this behavior continues, other measures are taken to prevent it.

Any user affected by the deletion of posts can write to any of the moderators to find out what the problem is, but surprisingly none of them do, because they know perfectly well that they are violating the most basic rules of the forum. Fortunately we now have the Quality Bar, which saves us a lot of time by not having to review the posts history of some users.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline racham02

• Activity: 211
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 07:41:32 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2024, 05:22:36 PM »
some of the newbies create a low quality topic, they don't care about that, as long as they can post for the ranking, it's okay for them.  The moderators should always inform the newbies that the topic should be quality, not low quality post.

Online Freemind

• * President *
  • Mythical
    • View Profile

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2024, 08:36:53 AM »
some of the newbies create a low quality topic, they don't care about that, as long as they can post for the ranking, it's okay for them.  The moderators should always inform the newbies that the topic should be quality, not low quality post.

The rules of the forum were written for a reason. Moderators can't be constantly reminding new users to write quality posts or they'll be penalized. It's up to users (new and old) to always keep the rules of the forum in mind and do their best to grow the community. Personally, I've already wasted a lot of time sending PMs to users who were writing low-quality posts, and it's something I won't do again. Rules always need to be revised from time to time, as they can be updated more often than we think.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline bitterguy28

• Activity: 1018
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 03:25:13 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2024, 12:07:34 PM »
Lets just give them advise mate and if they do not listen then give them negative karma once and if they continue then lets report to the admin.
and you are correct that they just kept posting for ranking and of course to join campaign and that is the reason why managers should look into their Karmas and their post history.

Offline SunflowerBaby

• Activity: 46
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 03:13:52 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Mobile User Karma Topic Starter
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2024, 05:58:18 PM »
Thank you so much for such a great reminder for us who is just starting to explore the forum, it's a big help  :)

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG